Man Utd thrash Wigan to extend lead

Nothing new though Mike. Mark "Fergie Time" Twatternburg always seems to "Miss" big decisions when it comes to Man U. If the same thing happened to Nani from a Wigan player he would have been sent off, banned then hung, drawn and quatered.
to be fair to clattenberg he gets things wrong for both sides, hes got plenty wrong for us in the past. but this was particularly poor. Dont think anyone can disagree that he deserved to be off

to be fair to clattenberg he gets things wrong for both sides, hes got plenty wrong for us in the past. but this was particularly poor. Dont think anyone can disagree that he deserved to be off

Bottom line is, FA needs to stop pressuring refs into their guidelines, and maybe let common sense take charge for once. There's just so much inconconsistency (if thats how its spelt lol) its unreal. It pretty much affects all clubs, and it can potentially, affect a club that is desperately avoiding the drop. I don't think it's a case of "one rule for one club one rule for another" anymore. Just inconsistancy. Even refs that were having excellent games in the past, are now unsure what to do, and just let things go.

Bottom line is, FA needs to stop pressuring refs into their guidelines, and maybe let common sense take charge for once. There's just so much inconconsistency (if thats how its spelt lol) its unreal. It pretty much affects all clubs, and it can potentially, affect a club that is desperately avoiding the drop. I don't think it's a case of "one rule for one club one rule for another" anymore. Just inconsistancy.
too many rules and regulations

It's difficult to tell how much of it the ref saw, he could have reacted to the noise from the fans and the fact that McCarthy was holding his face. At the time it looked like a meaningless collision but replays obviously show it as a cynical act of ill-discipline. Rooney was lucky that McCarthy didn't make more of it, Nani would have dropped like a sack of sh*t had he been on the receiving end of that.

The official rules are a joke though. The fact that he can't be punished further for that, and decisions like the Fletcher sending off in the CL semi that resulted in suspension for the final. Why place restrictions on using video evidence for certain circumstances?

Last edited:
Does anyone thingk Giggs was left out today, so he can over take Charlton reckon against Chelsea on tuesday to maybe take he limelight away from the team and onto Giggs for such a big game.

Does anyone thingk Giggs was left out today, so he can over take Charlton reckon against Chelsea on tuesday to maybe take he limelight away from the team and onto Giggs for such a big game.
not particularly, giggs just recently had an injury and we have some big games coming up, and its not like he can play every game at top tilt

More likely to keep him fresh for 2 big games and not risk him getting injured or returning too soon. It's always a big game regardless

Have to say, as a neutral, I am now REALLY looking forward to the final few games of the season. Both Arsenal and Man Utd have tricky games coming up, and to be fair, none of the games left can be classed as easy. With each win that Man Utd get, undoubtedly the pressure increases considerably on Arsenal. This could very easily go down to the very last game of the season. It's just incredibly close. Can Arsenal handle the pressure? remains to be seen

Have to say, as a neutral, I am now REALLY looking forward to the final few games of the season. Both Arsenal and Man Utd have tricky games coming up, and to be fair, none of the games left can be classed as easy. With each win that Man Utd get, undoubtedly the pressure increases considerably on Arsenal. This could very easily go down to the very last game of the season. It's just incredibly close. Can Arsenal handle the pressure? remains to be seen
They have to learn to sometime if they ever want to lift a major trophy again. I wouldnt begrudge them winning one of the big comps, as long as its not the Prem

They have to learn to sometime if they ever want to lift a major trophy again. I wouldnt begrudge them winning one of the big comps, as long as its not the Prem

I wouldn't begrudge either. Man Utd have obviously a legendary manager, great first team and classy talent coming through the ranks. Arsenal have a great manager, play great football and have real flair. I'm just wondering if the points Man Utd have dropped when they've lost leads may come back to haunt them. Either way, it's going to fascinating to see what happens. Not forgetting Fergies classic mind games too.

I wouldn't begrudge either. Man Utd have obviously a legendary manager, great first team and classy talent coming through the ranks. Arsenal have a great manager, play great football and have real flair. I'm just wondering if the points Man Utd have dropped when they've lost leads may come back to haunt them. Either way, it's going to fascinating to see what happens. Not forgetting Fergies classic mind games too.
I was thinking about the dropped points, but then our home form has been as good as it gets, only dropped 2 points, couldnt really do much better. if we can win another 3-4 away games i think we will lift the title/

I think it'll be a shame if Man Utd won the title-only because Gary Neville retired during the season. Would've got the perfect send off for himself. Saying that though, he's pretty much won it all i guess at the club

But yes...De Jong is dirty. He tackles dirty, but he doesn't do anything like that.

Sorry, but I can't not reply to this ignorance. Have you actually seen some of the destruction and recklessness that De Jong produces when he plays?

USA vs Holland - De Jong breaks Stewart Holden's leg in a friendly with a reckless tackle, and doesn't even apologise afterwards.

World Cup Final - Ninja kicks Xabi Alonso in the chest completely on purpose, along with other dangerous challenges throughout the game.

2-1 vs Newcastle - Breaks Ben Arfa's leg with a 2 footed studs showing tackle.

He then gets dropped by his national team due to this incident and even the manager publicly questions his challenges.

Van Marwijk said he saw "no alternative" but to remove De Jong from his squad to play Moldova and Sweden in the upcoming Euro 2010 qualifiers. "I've seen the pictures back," Van Marwijk added in the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper. "It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard. It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it. I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit. I am going to speak to him."

Just because he plays for your team doesn't make him innocent. Was Rooney innocent? No, and neither are other players, just because they don't get a deserved red card here and there doesn't magically make the event undone, it can end careers.

//rant off and apologies to other readers

Sorry, but I can't not reply to this ignorance. Have you actually seen some of the destruction and recklessness that De Jong produces when he plays?

USA vs Holland - De Jong breaks Stewart Holden's leg in a friendly with a reckless tackle, and doesn't even apologise afterwards.

World Cup Final - Ninja kicks Xabi Alonso in the chest completely on purpose, along with other dangerous challenges throughout the game.

2-1 vs Newcastle - Breaks Ben Arfa's leg with a 2 footed studs showing tackle.

He then gets dropped by his national team due to this incident and even the manager publicly questions his challenges.

Van Marwijk said he saw "no alternative" but to remove De Jong from his squad to play Moldova and Sweden in the upcoming Euro 2010 qualifiers. "I've seen the pictures back," Van Marwijk added in the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper. "It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard. It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it. I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit. I am going to speak to him."

Just because he plays for your team doesn't make him innocent. Was Rooney innocent? No, and neither are other players, just because they don't get a deserved red card here and there doesn't magically make the event undone, it can end careers.

//rant off and apologies to other readers

I like this guys... Where did he come from?

I already said that i didin't mean it that way.
I meant that he doesn't do anything dirty when the game is off. When the game is going on he is dirty. But his tackles are still usually clean. So read the other posts before you comment.

But when their not playing...he doesn't elbow anybody or anything like that.

Isn't twattenburg the one who also allowed the Nani goal against Tottenham? Seë..this wasn't the first time at all :D

I already said that i didin't mean it that way.
I meant that he doesn't do anything dirty when the game is off. When the game is going on he is dirty. But his tackles are still usually clean. So read the other posts before you comment.

But when their not playing...he doesn't elbow anybody or anything like that.

Isn't twattenburg the one who also allowed the Nani goal against Tottenham? Seë..this wasn't the first time at all :D
1) nani's goal was totally legit

2) if you mean he doesnt do off the ball fouls, well he does. the fact that most of them are on the ball doesnt justify it either