Man Utd thrash Wigan to extend lead

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
League leaders Manchester United tighten their grip on the title race and move four points clear of Arsenal with a 4-0 win at Wigan.

More...

Good solid win now lets take this and beat Chelsea :)

Man Utd should be scoring at least 4 anyway against them

always thought they would batter them by 4,5 or 6 goals

You lost 3-2 against them last year.
It's hardly that easy a game is it?

4th away win of the premier league season. Get in.:$

Last edited:
Good resUllt good to see fabio scoring today one step closer to the title

Wayne Rooney is not only one of the ugliest footballers on the earth. He is also one of the dirtiest. How didin't he get a red card?

Still a good win for United.

Wayne Rooney is not only one of the ugliest footballers on the earth. He is also one of the dirtiest. How didin't he get a red card?

Yes he's clearly one of the dirtiest players in the world. He ALWAYS goes out to hurt footballers doesn't he?

The Ugliest = Tevez
The Dirtiest = Dejong.

Now cry for a red card.

Last edited:
The Ugliest = Tevez
The Dirtiest = Kompany.

Now cry for a red card.

Im not crying..or wanna discuss this. But even a blind man can see that Rooney is not blessed with good looks...maybe not Tevez either :D But he is one of the ugliest and thats not only my opinion. It's there for everyone to see. No wonder he had to pay for you know what...

How is Kompany dirty?

Last edited:
The Ugliest = Tevez
The Dirtiest = De Jong.

Now cry for a red card.

Fixed ;)

Anyway, actually becoming part United fan until the end of the season, even though I hate united, I want them to win the league.

We can't have Arsenal winning a 'meaningful' (;)) trophy now can we?

Im not crying..or wanna discuss this. But even a blind man can see that Rooney is not blessed with good looks...maybe not Tevez either :D

How is Kompany dirty?
DeJong, not Kompany. And how does Looks matters in the game? Do you watch football for beautiful men?

It was red card incident, but ref thought otherwise, so get over it..

You drew 2-2 against them this season and lost 3-2 to them last season oO)

Good win and great way to start a big week :D

DeJong, not Kompany. And how does Looks matters in the game? Do you watch football for beautiful men?

Madridsta CR7 His avatar is Cristiano Ronaldo. Think you just answered your own question there...

Fixed ;)

Anyway, actually becoming part United fan until the end of the season, even though I hate united, I want them to win the league.

We can't have Arsenal winning a 'meaningful' (;)) trophy now can we?

Fixed myself in the original post. It was by mistake posted Kompany's name. One of the cleanest tacklers in the league.

What actually happened with Rooney? Overslept today and only started watching from the 50th minute.

Red card incident?

Yeah, off the ball incident. Rooney elbowed McCarthy, when there was no need to, and Respect to McCarthy as he didn't make a meal of it. Ref had a word with Rooney, so i dont think FA can take any further actions.

No, i dont watch football for beutiful men. But when i see Rooney do that. I just have to say what i think about him...and i think he is one of the ugliest footballers. This would be my opinion even if i would be an united fan. I just wouldn't say it.

But yes...De Jong is dirty. He tackles dirty, but he doesn't do anything like that.

Last edited:
Red card incident?
Rooney possibly could have been sent off.

I've seen it described as a nothing challenge, a back hand slap around the ear and a vicious elbow.
Didn't watch the game so i'll have to wait till it's on motd.

Last edited:
To be fair it wasn't an accident, you could see that Rooney had his arm at hip level and when he went past the Wigan player, he moved his right arm up and caught him.. I wonder if there was an exchange of words or something? It's not like Rooney to lash out for nothing.. usually it would be a bad refereeing decision or a bad tackle on him probing him to do so.