Manchester City v Arsenal Match Thread (Sunday)

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 8K

Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm relatively pleased with the match so far, Arsenal have been great to watch, passing the ball well, moving quickly, attacking with intent on the break, just unfortunate we couldn't make it two from the penalty spot. I think Nasri has been awesome and Fabregas has been good (Would say great if he buried his opportunity).

A little irritated with how many cards are being thrown around though, some of them are deserved, others... not so much. Though it has to be said - for the big decisions - Clattenburg has done a fine job. Clearly a red card and a blatant penalty.

Enjoying the match so far, fast paced, end-to-end stuff at times, though I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't just rather it stayed up City's end. Disappointed with the penalty miss, and hoping it doesn't come back to bite us in the ****, but I'm pleased with what I've seen from the Gunners so far today.

More of the same in the second half.

cesc scores a meaningless one against shaktar and misses the important one against city

Cesc's penalty wasn't THAT bad.. it's a good height, and he doesn't disguise it at all with his body language. Good game though, and agree with Redrup, too many cards for us...

How has De Jong not had one yet?
And why wasn't Kompany given a card for the pen? (or was he?) Those challenges were just as bad as our ones.

Cannot believe some of the Arsenal cards from Clattenburg, outrageous.

we better win were playing against 10 men !!

see you at fulltime

Argh.. too elaborate in front of goal, great play Chamakh, but easy save by Hart from Cesc

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Dr. Evil about to come on

Oh, you mean that lovely, shy, retiring and uncontroversial Adebayor chap? He seems a nice bloke.

Emmanuel Adebayor on for Carlos Tevez.

Don't see City getting a win now without their main man.

Will someone please now agree with me that Barry is ******* ****! Gives the ball away more than any player.

ARGH

Great switch pass, wasteful finishing, Kompany fouls Arshavin again, should have been booked.

WTF are Arsenal doing. They should have scored 3-4 goals by now and put the game to bed. They want to pass the ball into the net. Hope they wont regret it later.

Arsenal football from City... :/

Good save Fabianski

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Oh my. Djourou WTF are you playing at?

Will someone please now agree with me that Barry is ******* ****! Gives the ball away more than any player.

I agree, he sucks.

Fabianski is having a great game.

Now? I have said it long back. He is overrated. City can do better without him IMO.

I agree, he sucks.

Fabianski is having a great game.

This.

Fabianski has made two very good saves already, he's in great form.

EDIT:

And Barry sucks lol

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Micah Richards for England??

Beastly down the right side, so strong, but quick too, and can defend unlike Johnson..

Back