Manchester City v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remains to be seen what DM does here. We seem more comfortable getting behind the ball then going forward right now.

ajt if you were DM, would you stick to the defensive approach that has worked very well so far during the first half, or would you change it around and become a bit more attack-minded and go for the three points? I know it seems fairly obvious that a point would be a great result for Everton but City can be caught out on the counter like Napoli showed.

Talk about parking the bus!

Hardly surprising. Mancini is going to experience this quite a bit from other teams so he better get used to it. But there are glimpses of quality when we go forward. Like Colemans cross into the box that Hart flapped at. Rodwell hardly got the ball in the first half but that's definately not a bad thing. He's done a good job at man marking Silva, forcing City to go out wide. The only thing Man City can do really, is up the tempo and get past midfield as quickly as possible. If they up the tempo enough, we could start to struggle

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

ajt if you were DM, would you stick to the defensive approach that has worked very well so far during the first half, or would you change it around and become a bit more attack-minded and go for the three points? I know it seems fairly obvious that a point would be a great result for Everton but City can be caught out on the counter like Napoli showed.

I'd keep things as they are for now. The CM has done a good job forcing City out wide. We haven't had many chances going forward, but when we have gone forward on the counter, they've been good chances. But that could change if City up the tempo

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Done what I feared. They've upped the tempo there in the space of a few seconds

Much better build up play by Everton there

Baines seems to get faster and faster every weekend lol

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Taking the game to City now

Cahill hasn't scored for Everton in 2011.. madness.

Baines is the best LB in the league maybe from last season.

another corner everton all over city

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Baines is the best LB in the league maybe from last season.

agree apart from Evra

Balotelli readying himself to come on for City. Surely Nasri coming off. He's done nothing this game.

Balotelli readying himself to come on for City. Surely Nasri coming off. He's done nothing this game.

Agree with that. Hardly heard his name mentioned tbh

Balotelli will get sent off

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

to be fair Aguero's done **** all too

I was wrong.

Balotelli on - Dzeko off.

Dzeko off?! What the ****?

Edit-saying that, CL match on Tuesday

Louis Saha readying himself to come on now while Cahill is down in near tears.

Silly silly Cahill. Why did you have to go in there and lunge

See that's the thing about Nasri. On his day, he is a brilliant footballer but he is just not consistent enough and sometimes his attitude is also questionable. As for Baines, one of the best five LB's in the world imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.