Manchester City v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tryin really REALLY hard not to swear...........

Game over. James Milner. What a pass from Silva. Get one more City so I win my bet :)

So ******* FM-ish.

"It's in, James Milner scores!"

"That's his first ever goal for Manchester City".

Savic hacks off the line. Well done Vellios for not letting that die.

Need a ciggy before giving opinions. Pause for deep breath

Thank ****! Everton was just a normal team in my eyes before. Now i dislike them a bit.....

Im so glad David Moyes didn't get rewarded for his tactics here.

Boring game but i started to enjoy it when Balo came on. Once again showing his special talent <3

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't a total bashing, but you didn't make it too hard for them tbh.

We were rock solid defensively, and the CM did a very good job. Which makes that first goal so hard to swallow because of the deflection. Would it have gone in-hard to tell tbh due to the ****** pop-ups i got on the stream

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Ok, I've taken it all in, and this is what I think. Overall defensively, we can hold our heads up high. The first goal was pretty much a sickener due to the deflection. Defended so well. But if you have so many blue shirts in front of Howard, the chance of it happening pretty much increases dramatically. Credit to Milner. Took his goal very very well. Excellent finish. But when it comes to Everton, same old story. We can create chances when we're able to, but....that's it. Coleman had a good game when he had the ball, and Baines did what he does best. Cross, defend, pass. Couldn't ask any more of him. But credit to City-the win was deserved. At times, their play going forward was incredibly fluid.

Thing is I can't really criticise the players individually, as we had so little possession. But I think the mistake we made was going more attacking in the second half. I would have stuck to what we were doing in the first half, as the defence looked more comfortable, but were still able to create some chances. When we went more attacking, we couldn't seem to hold on to the ball, and gave it away carelessly in some instances.

But at the same time, I'm still a bit optomistic. When we the play the bigger clubs like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea it's evident we can still cause major problems. So I'm a bit more hopeful we can finish 7th-8th in the table.

Good win, Everton had no intention of winning the game, Moyes set out for a 0-0 draw which was disappointing. I know city have done this in the past but what moyes did was a disgrace, everyone behind the ball for 70 minutes with little attempt to counter attack, very disappointing to see a good team play like that, as i said city have done it in the past and im not proud of that. You did defend well but you have the quality to be able to attack us and you didnt want to, even swansea attacked.

Balotelli's goal was very well taken, good to see him scoring again, as usual he didnt look like he cared much :wub:
Silva's pass for the 2nd goal was sublime, he is the best attacking midfielder in the league at the moment.

MOTM: Gael Clichy

Good win, Everton had no intention of winning the game, Moyes set out for a 0-0 draw which was disappointing. I know city have done this in the past but what moyes did was a disgrace, everyone behind the ball for 70 minutes with little attempt to counter attack, very disappointing to see a good team play like that, as i said city have done it in the past and im not proud of that. You did defend well but you have the quality to be able to attack us and you didnt want to, even swansea attacked.

Balotelli's goal was very well taken, good to see him scoring again, as usual he didnt look like he cared much :wub:
Silva's pass for the 2nd goal was sublime, he is the best attacking midfielder in the league at the moment.

Think thats a bit harsh tbh. We looked good on the counter at times, and Coleman caused some problems. But it's hard to try and win the game when you don't have the ball for god knows how long. City kept the ball very well, and when we did have it, gave it away at times. And to be honest, we can't score at the moment. But overall, City deserved to win.

Hypocritical much?

When you've spent no money in over a year, and you face a team that spent ~75? million in players this summer alone, whose squad quality and depth are beyond your own, and you try to get a result, it's a disgrace. But when you did so last year it was 'tactical brilliance'. **** me, it's a lose-lose situation ain't it?

Hypocritical much?

When you've spent no money in over a year, and you face a team that spent ~75? million in players this summer alone, whose squad quality and depth are beyond your own, and you try to get a result, it's a disgrace. But when you did so last year it was 'tactical brilliance'. **** me, it's a lose-lose situation ain't it?

This. Everton set out how they needed to, using Cahill like Roma used Totti, though more defensively because they were outgunned in all areas

Moyes in his post-match interview complains that Kompany did Cahill with intent.

What a ******* ****! I would call him that LOTR creature again but it's pointless because it just get's edited.

But i really dislike that manager!

This. Everton set out how they needed to, using Cahill like Roma used Totti, though more defensively because they were outgunned in all areas

Think the City fans should expect the same from Blackburn too. A lot of clubs are going to come to City and employ the same tactics. Except perhaps Man Utd and Chelsea. I do get annoyed when smaller clubs, or clubs who can't afford quality, get accused for not trying to win, or the managers get labelled "a disgrace" for not trying to win. Give them a break for gods sake. Like you said, and like I've said many a time in the past, you play to your strengths.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Moyes in his post-match interview complains that Kompany did Cahill with intent.

What a ******* ****! I would call him that LOTR creature again but it's pointless because it just get's edited.

But i really dislike that manager!

I don't like Lescott either. See the way he smacked Cahill in the face per chance? Obviously not.

What's with the personal attack on Moyes btw? He called it as he saw it, managers do. No need to be a tool about it. I'm not surprised you dislike him though as he is better than Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.