Manchester City V Liverpool {23/8/10 - 20:00}

• Thread starter Thread starter Alex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 215
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard should never play as a centre midfielder again, he doesn't have the passing range, long and short, discipline and at the moment generally effort.

Gutless, heartless, sunk without a trace. Same old same old.

Hopefully Mr Hodgson will see that from now on, Gerrard cannot play there and must play behind Torres in the AMC role. Otherwise, it will be a season of the same old ****.

well roy got that wrong big time and teh gloss is well and truly off him now, citys powerful performance will turn the media circus away from them and onto anfield

Nah, the excuses are in already - City have a great squad, so much money, Rafa wasted the money, worst Liverpool squad ever etc etc etc.

That we lined up in the exact way the pundits think we should and got tonked won't get noticed. The pundits will gloss over that. No idea who the twit on ESPN was (Barton maybe?) but in the first half he was saying that Gerrard needs to play in central midfield - that's where he'll dominate etc etc - start of the second half it was how Gerrard needs to be playing behind Torres. XD

Mr.Hodgson's got til Christmas with the media I reckon, unless we go totally off the rails, but the fans are another thing altogether. There's those who think that Rafa should never have been sacked and then there's those numpties who wanted his head and were chuffed to bits over Hodgson because they haven't got a clue beyond what they're told by the telly. Bad mix. I've been defending Hodgson to fellow reds recently because I was brought up to back the manager. It's tough going though when I've no confidence in him myself.

What because a new team is challenging from the title, the last 10 years have been boring and repetitive, I welcome City's challenge.

no because lower teams have ******* no chance against a team thats subs bench cost more than their whole team :)

Nah, the excuses are in already - City have a great squad, so much money, Rafa wasted the money, worst Liverpool squad ever etc etc etc.

That we lined up in the exact way the pundits think we should and got tonked won't get noticed. The pundits will gloss over that. No idea who the twit on ESPN was (Barton maybe?) but in the first half he was saying that Gerrard needs to play in central midfield - that's where he'll dominate etc etc - start of the second half it was how Gerrard needs to be playing behind Torres. XD

Mr.Hodgson's got til Christmas with the media I reckon, unless we go totally off the rails, but the fans are another thing altogether. There's those who think that Rafa should never have been sacked and then there's those numpties who wanted his head and were chuffed to bits over Hodgson because they haven't got a clue beyond what they're told by the telly. Bad mix. I've been defending Hodgson to fellow reds recently because I was brought up to back the manager. It's tough going though when I've no confidence in him myself.

I know what you mean, I always want to back the manager and team 100%, and there's part of me that has optimism that the season will be good, but there were pretty much no positives to take from today for us, and it was a pathetic performance.

if things were tough before, they're about to get a whole lot worse imo if roy doesnt have an immediate about turn in his style

We played badly and had an off day. So what. City spanked arsenal 3-0 at home not so long ago, and I can't remember everyone telling them to pack up and throw the towel in. This is a new team, without a key player in Joe Cole, and with only a half fit Fernando Torres. This has NOTHING to do with Hodgson, and I am ashamed of the so called fans for having a dig at him. We all moaned for the last few years about rafa's defensive nature, and now we go 4-4-2 and suddenly we want to revert to the system that won as nothing last time around. Get real.

City are a force this year due to the money they have thrown around, although the one thing they can't buy is atmosphere, pin-drop silence for most of the first half from the "faithful". We are only 2 games in and who knows what will happen this season, it is too early to judge anything, and no matter what happens I have faith in the reds through thick and thin, and I know we will perform this year.

So to all you short sighted fans, as well as the deluded spurs, villa, city and everton supporters, laugh it up now, but come May, let's see where we end up.

We played badly and had an off day. So what. City spanked arsenal 3-0 at home not so long ago, and I can't remember everyone telling them to pack up and throw the towel in. This is a new team, without a key player in Joe Cole, and with only a half fit Fernando Torres. This has NOTHING to do with Hodgson, and I am ashamed of the so called fans for having a dig at him. We all moaned for the last few years about rafa's defensive nature, and now we go 4-4-2 and suddenly we want to revert to the system that won as nothing last time around. Get real.

City are a force this year due to the money they have thrown around, although the one thing they can't buy is atmosphere, pin-drop silence for most of the first half from the "faithful". We are only 2 games in and who knows what will happen this season, it is too early to judge anything, and no matter what happens I have faith in the reds through thick and thin, and I know we will perform this year.

So to all you short sighted fans, as well as the deluded spurs, villa, city and everton supporters, laugh it up now, but come May, let's see where we end up.

Someone's angry, and a moron to boot.

If you don't think this has anything to do with Hodgson, when a huge problem with the performance was how the team was set-up (which is the manager's job, by the way), then yeah I think moron is the correct word for you.

We all moaned for the last few years about rafa's defensive nature, and now we go 4-4-2 and suddenly we want to revert to the system that won as nothing last time around. Get real.

Speak for yourself, some of us appreciated the crushing machine style of play we deployed under Rafa. When Rafa set out to defend we did it well, we pressured teams and forced them into mistaes. Something that certainly isn't happening at the moment with Roy and I hope it changes for his sake.

Rafa won nothing? Seriously? If you were expecting Rafa to win us the league I think you're the one who needs to get real.

mate this has everything to do with roy. tactically outgunned left right and centre. rafa would have kept you in this game, maybe even nicked it. as for the atmosphere, yours was hardly roaring first half against trabonzspor, so you probably shouldnt go round knocking other sides

Quite surprised by the result to be honest, though I didn't watch the game - what is happening with Liverpool? A couple of years ago, 3-0 against any opponent would be unacceptable.

It seems whenever a top team loses, they have a 'off day'. I won't be taking any credit away from City, they were fantastic tonight.

Someone's angry, and a moron to boot.

If you don't think this has anything to do with Hodgson, when a huge problem with the performance was how the team was set-up (which is the manager's job, by the way), then yeah I think moron is the correct word for you.

This team Roy has inherited was Rafa's and the teams performance was reminiscent of last season, misplacing passes, dwelling on the ball and subsequently losing the ball, lack of width, etc.

Also, my original comment wasn't made by me, it's copypaste so I never payed much attention to use of emphasis or specific wording... Also, you're a hypocrite.

Yeah ok, and you're a moron. I know which one I'd rather be.

You made a stupid post, and got mocked for it. Don't worry, it happens to most people on here.

This team Roy has inherited was Rafa's and the teams performance was reminiscent of last season, misplacing passes, dwelling on the ball and subsequently losing the ball, lack of width, etc.

Also, my original comment wasn't made by me, it's copypaste so I never payed much attention to use of emphasis or specific wording... Also, you're a hypocrite.

So now you aren't sure how to argue with that, your comment was 'c+p'd'

In which case, why would you post something without reading/agreeing with it?! Moronic idiot.

Yeah ok, and you're a moron. I know which one I'd rather be.

You made a stupid post, and got mocked for it. Don't worry, it happens to most people on here.
easy now on the insults hes probably feeling sore, cant blame him when his team gets comprehensively beaten

To everyone else who commented on my post, well, on one part of it..

I refer you to the last paragraph of my last comment...

People outside of Liverpool support them for their history, not for recent success, or lack of it.

Please tell me you're not saying everyone who lives outside of Liverpool supports Liverpool for the history?

i don't get why, when we have two perfectly good left backs in the squad (insua and aurelio)

then why are we playing Agger at left back?
it was quite apparent that he isn't a left back tonight, he got tore apart near enough every time Johnson got the ball, with Jovanovic offering him no protection whatsoever. He looked poor tonight, and we lacked any real width tonight, something that has caused us problems in the past.

But, it's only the second game of the season, as Woy said, it's a marathon and theirs 36 games of the season left, so hopefully things start to look up! (yn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back