Manchester City V Liverpool {23/8/10 - 20:00}

• Thread starter Thread starter Alex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 215
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
shots on target...man city 4 and liverpool 7? was joe hart flying all over the place ?

Worst performance in 6 years even through all the rafa era!

give up! **** off torres **** off gerrard **** off hodgson **** off and go into administration go out business so i can support a good team :)

lmao now i got that off my chest
LFC 4EVA YNWA lmaoo! <3

i have a better idea.

you **** off, and go glory support or whatever it is you do, somewhere else :D

Worst performance in 6 years even through all the rafa era!

give up! **** off torres **** off gerrard **** off hodgson **** off and go into administration go out business so i can support a good team :)

lmao now i got that off my chest
LFC 4EVA YNWA lmaoo! <3

You call yourself a Liverpool fan? You don't deserve to be associated with Liverpool at all after saying that. It's we've lost 1 game this season, and you're already throwing you dummy out.. We've got a new manager, and some new player. Things ain't going to work right away..

Don't take what he said completely seriously.. I don't think many Liverpool supporters are feeling 100% after watching this game..

Yeah I think it was more just frustration coming out.

never really thought this would occur must say im pretty disappointed

Just awful. Jovanovic was absoloutely awful, and somehow stayed on for so long. Pacheco won't be helped by five minutes on the wing (not his position) when losing 3-0 away from home. Agger was open all game, Lucas looked hopeless, Mascherano's on his way out, we have owners that don't want to sell, and we'll be in administration soon, and have no money to improve our squad, even from those sold. Fun.

it is not the systems fault that Lucas didnt track his man, Tbh no matter if you where using Zonal Marking or Man Marking, you would be losing today.

That same argument never seems to crop up about zonal marking from set-pieces though. And I'd argue that quite simply our man was beaten by their man in the air. That was the cause of that goal.

Agree that it makes no difference really to losing tonight. We set up in a 4-4-2 which is fundamentally wonky from the start given our 'wingers' aren't really 'wingers' but inside forwards and that our central defence is pulled too deep because it lacks pace.

This was all known before tonight, it was known last season, it was known the season before. The only thing I can think Mr.Hodgson was thinking was that we'd be hitting a lot of long balls into the channels from two deep sitting banks of four. He's misunderstood greatly the strengths and weaknesses of Gerrard if he thinks that will work.

*shrug*

Hope Mr.Hodgson takes the lesson of tonight rather than trying to pursue this curious footballing direction. I don't know whether he will or not though, which is the worrying thing.

Well, that was just a horrid display. Torres was lacking any instinct, looked very unfit. Gerrard needs to be further up. Kompany and Richards kept us a bay very well. Hart put in a decent shift. Milner also worked har. Johnson I thought was superb.

Blood and guts, pace, passion, intensity, team spirit, give the players a cuddle...

Gerrard's now in 'f*ck it' mode. This'll be a tonking if we don't score soon.
too true, notice how the words tactics or intelligence never pop up...

well roy got that wrong big time and teh gloss is well and truly off him now, citys powerful performance will turn the media circus away from them and onto anfield

Poor performance, a lot needs to change for future games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back