Manchester City- world domination project

as a man city fan im loving this read. cant wait to see what happens,keep it up! :D

Its a brilliant story and it mixes real life with fm. Keep up the amazing updates!!

Is this ur true life story or r u making it up, its great watever it is

Quality update mate, loving this it's fantastic! Can't wait to see who you sign! Sigurdsson?

This is great. Yours and Tobe's Man Utd one are the only two stories I read on here. Keep It Up!

aww thank you so much :) really appreciate it! @Cai123 im basically making it up at the moment, but may add elements of my life in future updates that jump back from the actual game. really pleased you all like it :)

Sunday 28th May 1994
Manchester

"Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones, I will try to fix you. Tears streaming, down your face, I will try to fix you.”

A week had gone since being kicked off the Manchester City team. Gabriel ran those Coldplay lyrics over and over again in his head. Even though Coldplay weren’t formed until 1996, weirdly. He’d just woken up; it was 1 o’clock in the afternoon when he heard a knock on the door.
“Oh hi, Julia.” It was his girlfriend. Him and Julia had had a sticky patch after Gabriel's mood dropped since last Sunday.
“God, you don’t look so good.”
“I know. I still can’t get over being kicked off the team. I just don’t know what to do.”
“Well, I’m sorry, I don’t know what there is you can do.” Sympathized Julia. “Sit down, I’ve got something very important I need to tell you.”
“Okay.” Yawned Gabriel, bewildered but not 100% bothered.
Julia eyed him. “Gabriel, I’m pregnant.”
“What?"
“And you’re the father.”
Wednesday 8th July
City of Manchester Stadium

“Good morning everyone.” Garry Cook said as he ddressed the crowd. “At this press conference I’m delighted to announce that abriel Sutton will be our new manager. As a board, we’ve decided to give him a 3-year contract, with just over £40,000,000 transfer budget this season to challenge for the Premier League title. We felt that his ambitions and long-term plan for the club matched our own and we look forward to working with him. So, here he is to answer any questions you may have... Gabriel Sutton!” The name was greeted by applause from the journalists, as he made his way behind the table. “Thank you everyone. Yes, you.”

Andy Lyons, When Saturday Comes. Good morning, Gabriel. After a long wait and some saddening news regarding the Italian team manager, how do you feel about bringing the situation to an end now and being appointed manager of the club?”

"Oh I’m delighted, of course I had a lot of respect for Mr Prandelli, and I thought that Mancini was doing a great job here- it wasn’t like the club needed a fresh start with some of the signings we’ve made and winning the FA Cup at the end of last season. But obviously, Mancini saw it as his duty to take the job which I respected him for, and, here I am.

“DavidHall, Four-Four-Two magazine. What kind of tactics can we expect to see from your side under the new regime?”

Hi David. Big fan, by the way! The way I see it, football is about entertainment. We could choose to adopt the strategy of tackling and merely hoof the ball up to someone like Edin Dzeko, but for me that wouldn’t be fair on our fans who have paid over £1,000 for a season ticket, neither would it be our best chance of winning games with the likes of Nasri, Silva and Aguero in the team- all talented ball players. In a nutshell, I want us to play good football, to play with a smile on our faces and to entertain the fans. I’ve looked at a Spanish style of football, inherited by Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona team, called Tiki-Taka. Which is, essentially, pass and move. I want opposition players closing down to be so far away from the ball that they need a Sat-Nav. Alongside this, I’ll be looking for the likes of Milner and Yaya Toure in midfield to close down extremely quickly- enabling them to boss the game.”

Neil Downes, the Guardian. With Carlos Tevez transfer listed after a bust-up withRoberto Mancini the other day, will he be part of your first team plans?”

“Honestly, I’m struggling to make a definitive judgmenton the situation. From what Mancini has come out and said I thought that Tevez was being thoroughly unprofessional and very disrespectful to a manager of Roberto Mancini’s quality. Whilst I think he is still a semi-world class player, I don’t know that there’s any coming back from that.”

Dan Walker, BBC Sport. Hi Gabriel, what are your long-term ambitions for the club?”

“Well, I’m glad you asked that, Dan. I feel that this is very much a long-term project for me. And, as a reasonably young manager, I intend to stay at the club until the pope goes to the synagogue. What we have is a squad playing at the peak of their careers, which, arguably differs from clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea. So I think the ascendancy is with us in terms of the title race, also considering the financial power we have at the club. What I’m looking to do now, is very gradually bring in a few of the world’s most talented youngsters so that when the current crop reach about 30 in 5 years time, we’ll then have a team of the best players in the world playing at the peak of their careers. I hope that Manchester City fans understand that this kind of progress won’t happen over night, but we’re in a great position to begin to do so, and the more trophies we win, the higher we’ll be ranked in the scheme of world football, the better quality players we'll be able to attract and so forth. But first, comes this season. It’ll be tough, but I relish challenges and I’ve never looked forward to any more than this one right now.

Garry Cook interjected: “Right, thanks, everyone. That’s all we have time for today.”

Last edited:
i try to force my self to red it but it really is to painful for a united fan but it seams to be a very good story

How did u get just £40,000,000 transfer budget. On my game its roughly £60,000,000

Monday 29th May 1994
Manchester

A knock at the door.
"Oh, hi.. Gabriel."
"Julia, look there's something I want to talk to you about."
"If it's about the football then you can forget it."
"I know, I'm sorry about that- can I come in?"
"Okay."

"Look, Julia, I really want to say, I'm so sorry about how I've behaved recently.
I just couldn't get over my own selfish needs, when there's more important things to
think about right now. I want to help you in every way possible to raise this
baby, if I'm going to be a dad, I'm going to be a proper dad. Look at me, we're not going
to let this baby down. I promise you."
"Okay. Well, thank you, I'm glad you've turned a corner."
"I'm going to forget about football. It just hurts to much and ***** up
people's lives. I'm over it. I promise."

1pm Wednesday 7th July 2011
City of Manchester Stadium

"Good afternoon, Gabriel, I'm Brian Kidd, your assistant manager. This is Fausto Salsano, and David Platt.
Over the course of the season us, and various other staff members will be advising you on who our best players
are, how to get the best out of them and where we should look to send scouts to amongst other things."

"Fantastic, so in your respective opinions, where are the weakest areas of the squad?" Asked Gabriel

"For me, we need to think about centre-half- players there are definitely aging and we need to think about that position. At the moment I'm thinking Mamadou Sakho from PSG, maybe look to sign him in a years time."
"Also, we maybe need a bit of backup for Joe Hart in-goal in case he gets injured. I'm not too comfortable with
Costel Pantilimon playing against the big teams. We need to take action on that I think."

Friday 7th October 1994
Manchester Airport

"Benoit!"
"Gabriel! Hahaha. You are well?"
"Ca va bien!"
"Hahaha."
"Lovely to see you, shall we get a cab?"

Benoit was Gabriel's French exchange AS-Level student, on the second leg,
he would come to Manchester after Gabriel went to Caen in September. Benoit
would be staying at Gabriel's house for two weeks. Both were looking forward to it.

Did you get the inspiration for splitting the two years from the Damned United? Great read by the way

This is brilliant. Utterly brilliant. You're a great writer, with a genuine understanding of plot and narrative. I'm enthralled.

In fact, you've inspired me to take my very plain day-to-day Blackpool story from another forum and turn it into a proper tale of intrigue, genius and character. We'll see it on these forums soon, and I hope you'll like it as much as I like this.

Oh thank you so much- that really means a lot I'll defo be following the blackpool story :)
Jammy yeah that's where I got the idea combined with dannys Prodigal son story. I feel that being able to add a narrative makes the story more interesting and more fun to write about than copying and pasting the scores in. But then by jumping back and forth to various times it breaks it up a bit. Anyway thanks for the support- more updates to come

... Well, this looks familiar ;)

Just kidding mate. Looking good.

Back