Manchester City- world domination project

Can't wait to see who you sign. This is still brilliant!

aww.. thank you tobe, might have some competition for story of the week!
haha, im joking, but I'll have the next update done by tommorrow night :)

Cool cool. Ive done an update if your interested. Any chance in revealing who you have signed?

just mbaye niang so far, with some additions to the backroom team. but ive got
a fun storyline for when i sign niang. hope you like it!

hi guys, apologies this update has taken a while- need to get to get further with the game first! update tonight :)

I've been trying to buy Mbaye Niang in my Blackpool fine in the 2012 January window (already got Sanogo) and the bids are starting to creep north of £7million, which makes me nervous. Shouldn't be a problem for Man City. ;)

yeah you gotta buy him for like £4 and a half million at the start before the price esculates. a bit of advice please as well everyone :)

so far, these are the signings im considering going for, not all of them of course:
Mark-Andre ter stegen
mamadou sakho
krystios papadopoulos
javi martinez
andre ayew
ross barkley
felipe anderson
ganso
gylfi sigurdsson (on tobe's advice- im blaming you if hes ****!)
carlos fierro (not sure, some people have reccommended him, might approach to sign)
erick torres
jordan ayew

already signed mbaye niang

what does everyone think, and any other suggestions id take + other comments
on the story so far.

That's a ****** strong lot. You're going to cream the PL for the next decade.

If you need a strong central defender right now (and you do), I'd recommend Mats Hummels. But the two young ones you've chosen are probably good enough.

okay cheers, having looked at hummels, i still reckon ill go with sakho, but thanks for advice

now to get back to the story!

Yeah Sakho is good. If not Otamendi is usually good. You will not be disappointed with Sigurdsson. I'll send you a link of how good he is.

Thursday 9th July 2011

Dear diary,

To say these past few days have been busy would be an understatement. I have now put in bids for 5 of the best
wonderkids in the world, that would want to come to us. My bid of £4.5 million for MBaye Niang from Caen has been
accepted, I'm getting the ferry there on Friday to meet with him and his agent, which I'm really excited about, I think Niang could potentially be one of the best players in the world if he's nurtured right. My scouting team agree with me.

Who I hope will be his future strike partner, Carlos Fierro, has been offered a contract with us- didn't have to make an offer for as he's on a youth contract, luckily. Hopefully, he'll come to us- apparently he's on £9 per week at Chivas! You don't see him complaining. I think he could be a world-class player.

I have to say, I'm not convinced at all with Costel Pantilimon as backup to Joe Hart, as much as I respect Mancini, that was an error of judgement I think. I've made an offer of over £10 million for Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Gladbach in Germany which hopefully I'll get. If Hart gets a lengthened injury, I dread to think what would happen otherwise. I've made an offer for Felipe Anderson from Santos for about £5 mil, hopefully he'll provide us with a bit of samba style. He could at us flop but I'm prepared to part with £5 mil's worth of risk. I like a challenge. Finally, I've decided to gamble on a £20 million move for Mamadou Sakho. We need a bit of steel at the back once Lescott and Toure go. Centre backs have lasted into their 30s so it's a long-term deal.

I've just come back from our friendly against the reserves at Ewen Fields, annoyingly we drew 1-1. We completely dominated the game, created 4 CCCs, had 19 shots overall but only 6 of them were on target. The pleasing thing for me was that we were playing the way I was hoping for us to- patient build-ups, passing the ball around quite well, but then a surprise long-range shot from us would lose possession needlessly- its not that I'm against the players shooting, more that we should shoot when the opportunity is there, not completely randomly. With the tactic I used, 4-1-2-1-2, with de Jong in defensive midfield, Yaya Toure and Milner in the centre on the basis that they both work very hard for the team, and David Silva just behind Dzeko and Aguero. Not sure how I'll fit Nasri in, I've incorporated him into the second string team for midweek games. The problem with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation was that I was trying to get Richards and Kolarov attacking to compensate for the lack of a winger- that left the defence wide open and, whilst it played a hand in our goal, it also caused their equaliser. Not sure what to do. But it was a friendly, the fitness of the team was just recovering and it was my first game in charge. I'll be hoping for better.

Anyway, I'm gunna get some sleep, got a long day tommorrow!

Gabriel

Great story, keep it going.

And how come your getting Niang for 4.5m, i keep having to pay 7.5m+

And if your after Jordan Ayew, try putting a loan bid in for him with a future fee, managed to recruit him to my tottenham team for that.

the key to signing niang is, the earlier you put a bid in for him, the cheaper you get him. the great thing was,
i assigned malcolm elias, my new scout recruit on him, and he gave niang a 4-star potential, and said we need
a bid between £4-£5 mil. That's how you do it.

Okay, Jordan Ayew's maybe worth a loan, either him or Fierro. Probably don't need 6 strikers but thanks.

And cheers Tobe, id be interested to check out Sigurdsson. My only worry is, I don't want the team to have like 30 players-
it'd be too competitive and maybe make the players unsettled, especially with Silva and Nasri in the team. Not sure.

Thanks for everyone's advice :)

Use Sigurdsson as a midfielder behind those two snap him up for £10mil! Lol I swear I'm not actually him in disguise. Love the update though!

yeah cause gylfi sigurdsson would be desperate for me to sign him on football manager, and has started a manchester united save!

lol im joking, will give him a scout :)

oh by the way, im a comedian, and i have a gig tonight so i wont be able to do an update im afraid :/

yeah it was great thanks gene, at this pub called 'church inn' in birmingham. its my regular 1st friday of every month gig.
was enjoyable.

Last edited:
When your update mate? Sending accross my Sigurdsson stuff now too!

Scout Iker Muniain! Absolute beast in my game. I got him for 15mil though...
Also, look at Hulk if you want to utilise the wings. You could play 4-5-1, with Hulk (WL), Aguero/Nasri (AMC), Silva (WR) behind Dzeko/Aguero/[insert random world class player here]

Back