Manchester United: A Red Devil In Us All!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tobe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 20K
not bad, you've gotta rest the stars for morecambe- good luck in the champions league- cska moscow should be a relatively straightforward one. the key is to know when to rest players- tricky! what pl games you got next??

not bad, you've gotta rest the stars for morecambe- good luck in the champions league- cska moscow should be a relatively straightforward one. the key is to know when to rest players- tricky! what pl games you got next??

Liverpool, Stoke, Wigan, Spurs.

Update later about an exciting January signing! Very happy with this one. May make another signing too. Any suggestions? Wanted to go for Tello but scouts say he's two star!

Depends on your update, if you just have the SI. then no! But with LFCMArshalls absolutley!!
Still fantastic Tobe as always look forward to the update, got a few more up on mine as well :D

Depends on your update, if you just have the SI. then no! But with LFCMArshalls absolutley!!
Still fantastic Tobe as always look forward to the update, got a few more up on mine as well :D

Yea using marshalls but still only two stars. I will check your after I have done my chores when I'm home. Yes I am firmly under the thumb. Any other suggestions?

Manchester United - January Transfers

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

Man Utd have been active in the January Transfer Market and once again seem focused on the future. Mike Phelan who is seemingly preparing for his own legacy has continued in purchasing some of Europe's brightest talents.

Man Utd who have played second fiddle to Barcelona in the Champions League in recent years have now pinched two of the Catalan clubs brightest young stars.

Gerard Deulofeu - £10,000,000 - Barcelona
MR/AMRC

scaled.php

The young Spanish midfielder comes off the conveyor belt and straight into the cluthes of Manchester United. Barcelona had big plans for the bright young player but it seems his desire to play first team football motivated his move to England. Mike Phelan has signed a real gem of a player and will have pleased the fans not just with the signing but by also getting one over on the team which has continually frustrated them in the Champions League in recent years.

Cristian Tello- £2,500,000 - Barcelona
AMR/ST

scaled.php

Tello who had just started integrating himself into the Barcelona squad follows Deulofeu to Manchester. A similar player to his younger countryman Tello offers great pace and a great eye for goal. Tello who has worked closely with Messi at his time in Barcelona definately shows signs of this in the way that he plays. He is a nightmare to mark and will provide Manchester United's first team with some great cover, until it's his time to step up and become a United regular.

Both players will more than likely provide adequate cover for the Manchester United first team. Phelan will look to play them in as many matches as he can, and will want both young men to get used to the English game. Either one could be loaned or even both, depending on how Phelan see's how each players development is going.

Man United don't plan on selling any players in the January Transfer Market.

Last edited:
good transfers, always good to luck at long term- ive signed javi martinez, mats hummels and cavani

I think you make good transfers bin watching for a while. Doing well in league and was lucky in the Europe cup. In my opinion best story on here. Pictures are good lots of time spent I guess look ford to next update.

Hey guys has anyone got any ideas they want me to add or to make this story better or any Summer signings you think I should make. Hope your still enjoying.

Love this story, you must put a lot of time and effort into it so keep it up :)

Yea, I like it though it's my de-stress time from work and looking after my little boy. Lol

Yea am definitely eyeing him up especially after Athletic game the other night. Maybe Javi Martinez too.

January 2012

Manchester United wrapped up their transfers within the first few days of the Transfer Market, leaving Mike Phelan free to plan for the fixtures ahead. Manchester United face off against lowly Morecambe in the F.A Cup where they will be expected to thrash their opponent. United will also play in the Fourth Round if they progress nearer the end of the month.

In the League United face off against Liverpool, Wigan, Stoke and Norwich. Liverpool will be seen as a huge threat to United as the hated rivals have been playing well recently.

2nd January 2012
225823d1299819016-manchester-united-red-devil-us-all-11.png

Premier League
Matchday 20
Old Trafford
17:00

scaled.php

Kenny Daglish was left fuming after this game as his defence folded and allowed United to capitalise. Radja Nainggolan scored the matches opener after turning into the net from some neat work with Rooney. Lucas Leiva then equalised for Liverpool and Andy Carroll swung the match into Liverpools favour with a goal just before half time.

After the break however Rooney smashed in two great goals as he went on the rampage. Liverpool looked shocked by Man Utd's hunger and looked to be swept away with each United attack. Javier Hernandez wrapped the game up as he slid in late on to give United a comfortable win.

MOM - Wayne Rooney

wayne-rooney_2135375c.jpg

8th January 2012

F.A Cup 3rd Round
Matchday 20
Old Trafford
15:00

scaled.php

As was expected Man Utd demolished Morecambe who never troubled United and just looked happy with having the day out at Old Trafford. Hernandez and Nainggolan scored early on each with a header from crosses. Morecambe spent most of the first half camped out in their own half.

As the second half continued Man Utd left Morecambe fought with no sympathy and attacked until the very end. Rooney and Nainggolan who scored his second both scored midway through the second half and a debut goal was scored by the young Larnell Cole who impressed.

MOM - Javier Hernandez

Javier-Hern-ndez-007.jpg

F.A Cup 4th Round Draw

pic_2011-12_fa_cup_bud_logo_small.jpg

View attachment 229124Man Utd V CharltonView attachment 229125

14th January 2012

Premier League
Matchday 21
Britannia Stadium
12:45

scaled.php

Plucky Stoke played well and frustrated Man Utd who never looked like beating Tony Pulis' men. Kenwyne Jones scored early on and looked capable of putting a few more goals away. The Potters played strongly and often knocked the Man Utd players away with their sheer strength.

The Red Devils performed better in the second half and scored a goal of their own as Javier Hernandez sqeezed in a goal from a tight angle late on. Mike Phelan will be angry with his team for pulling out of tackles and will be quesstioning his teams passion.

MOM - Kenwyne Jones

Kenwyne_Jones_1694885c.jpg

21th January 2012

Premier League
Matchday 22
Britannia Stadium
12:45

scaled.php

What a performance the Red Devils displayed today. Wigan who are starting to look like a sinking ship offered nothing short of a little competition. The Latics who are strong favourites to go down this year simply rolled over and were destroyed. Hernandez and Welbeck both scored two goals in the game and looked extremely confident. Rooney, Nainggolan and Sigurdsson all scored too.

United's newest signing Cristian Tello scored on his debut and looked to fit into the side extremely well. Coming on for Valencia late in the second half the young Spanish maestro looked to impress and will have delighted Phelan with his goal.

MOM - Danny Welbeck

Man-United-striker-Welbeck-vows-to-clinch-title-400x249.jpg

29th January 2012

F.A Cup 4th Round
Matchday 23
Old Trafford
15:00

scaled.php

Man Utd once again faced opposition of a lower league standing. Charlton were a bit more of a match for Man Utd in this game but were still dispatched of quite easily. Gylfi Sigurdsson scored from a wonderful freekick, followed shortly by a fantastic Hernandez shot.

After the interval it was young Gerard Deulofeu who grabbed a goal, running in from the left and smashing a shot into the Charlton net. Javier Hernandez popped up with another goal late on to give United a clear passage into the Fifth round.

MOM - Javier Hernandez

Javier-Hernandez-Manchester-United-Premier-Le_2710973.jpg

Premier League Table

Man Utd will be dismayed with how far Man City have climbed up the table in recent weeks. Mancini's men sit just six points behind United and are starting to increase the pressure on Phelan's United side.

Wigan, Blackburn and Norwich all sit in the Relegation Zone and will be striving to escape.
scaled.php

Last edited:
Back