Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikan007

Reaction score
14x2kiq.jpg

2011 Annual Financial Board Meeting Review:

Old Trafford

2nd July 2011

Sitting in the boardroom for the fourth year running, listening to these Yanks ******* up my beloved club with their bold and frankly ludicrous attempts at trying to ensure the club has a stable financial future and avoid being bought out by the ever present Red Knights, I finally could not hold my tongue any longer!

"Are you ******* serious? Why do you feel the need to take out these massive loan's that the club cannot afford the monthly repayments on? If you took the time to actually give a **** you will see that the figures indicate we are only generating around half of that through corporate investments, merchandising and gate receipts. We cannot allow ourselves to dig a deeper grave in the hope of winning the League or the Champions League each year for the next seven years in order to alleviate some of the pressure and offsetting this loan! It is not financially sound approach and if you continue to apply it, we are going to inevitably end up like the States, ****** and in huge debt due to poor decision making and this ignorant gun ho approach you have been implementing since taking over"

The Glazer family and the rest of the board nearly shat in their favorite underwear from the outburst, sitting dead still in their seats, as if literally glued to the leather! A few moments later, after they had all picked up their dentures from the mahogany desk and ensuring that they had not actually shat themselves Malcolm looked at me and said, "Jackson Michaels, what do you propose then?"

old-trafford-porot_1763107c.jpg

Strangely enough, during our meeting, fans were protesting below us, only realizing this shortly after the outburst and Malcolms question, the sound similar to that of a bee hive, the droning buzz reverberating around from down below...

Kevin pressed the intercom to connect to Liz,
who was the Glazers personal assistant "Call the authorities, I want these ******* idiots dealt with immediately"

Staring at Malcolm shortly after my outburst, idea's and opinions I still had racing around my head, I looked at the board and Malcolm and requested that by 4pm later that afternoon I would present my views and idea's to them.

There was a slight pause as Malcolm glanced around the table, waiting to receive a slight nod of agreement on my proposal from the board members, a few seconds later Malcolm looked at me and said "See you at 4pm Jackson, don't waste my ******* time"

For years I had been jotting down idea's and thoughts I had on new ways in generating income for the club and integrating them all into one financial model that would address each area and hopefully overcome the problems that we as a club were facing...

I had studied Financial Management at Oxford for five years after leaving college after a short stint in semi-professional football where I played as a goalkeeper, and then for Oxford during the years I spent at University...

It was 15:43 as I glanced down at my Seiko, my heart skipped a beat, I was ******* nervous!

nice start, Can't wait to see what happens!

Give mines a read if u have a chance, El Submarino Amarillo - A change of fate.

KIU Raikaan.

Woo, always enjoy your stories. Looking forward to this one.

Oooh , the best scout doing a story :) Cool!
You start looks good and i'll keep on reading your story brother :D

cheers all :) I thought it was a bit different and I always play a second United save before the new game comes out etc.. keep posted for updates!

looking forward to this story as being a united fan myself... currently managing atletico madrid, just finishing second season and won la liga, alls good!

nice one! I am already about halfway through the 2nd season already.. so the updates are going to come quick and fast over the next couple of days.. just wanted to get a bit of interest in the concept for this story..

What is going to happen with the club and its finances, who they going to be buying and selling etc... :P

Loved your last stories! Buzzing for this one:) good luck

looks really good, please can you give mine a read because your stories are awesome its called Arsenal : The Road to Dominanace cheers

The legend of the FM world managing the most legendary team ever? F****** YES!! Going to be an amazing story, good luck Raikan! GGMU

fotolia_13730214_XS.jpg

"Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to voice my idea's and concerns regarding the clubs financial state, before I begin I would like to apologize for my somewhat rude outburst earlier and any insults that may have been taken to heart"

"I feel that United potentially could become the richest club in World Football, bigger than Barcelona and Real Madrid, however, this can only be achieved through stringent procurement policies and tight control of the budgets that are set. We have a world wide audience, lets use this to our advantage, we should be looking at increasing our already substantial profile in the US and Japan, I feel that signing players for large amounts of money are off the cards for this club for the foreseeable future, bringing in young talented players that can be sold at a later stage for a profit and signing players for free are the correct procedures that need to be in place if we are going to get out of this mess we find ourselves in!"

"Reducing the wage budget is one of my primary concerns and if this is controlled correctly, we are on the correct path"

"What do you suggest then Mr Michaels? How would you implement these changes?"

"We would need to have weekly meetings with staff, sending everyone on training courses to improve their skills and understanding of the certain aspects they deal with on a daily basis, implementing these changes slowly, creating awareness of the change, then giving them the knowledge, "Thank you Mr Michaels, that will be all for now"

On my way out of the leather filled air of the boardroom I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, I had to literally swallow it back down, adrenaline was coursing through my veins! I needed a drink!

piccadillylounge-420.jpg

After a couple of whiskey's and it being around 8pm I decided to call it a night and head home for the evening, I asked the barmen for my tab and as I reached for my wallet, my phone rang! It was the club, Malcolms direct office line...

please continue reading each page for updates

Last edited:
kutgw very interesting so far looking forward to reading about your wheeling and dealing, i think perhaps an almost wenger philosophy of buying cheap youngsters and selling on at a profit is most enjoyable aspect of FM, love to turn a 16yr old into a wonderkid and finally worldclass superstar and sell them for huge profit when they hit peak...

cheers mate, its not going to be a Wenger approach at all, his way is clearly not working out... lol! you will see what happens shortly enough :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back