Manchester United to sign De Gea

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 5K
Twenty one & moving to a new country, new language & bringing his family % girlfriend with him. It's a big ask on it's own without the challenge of playing for Manchester United. Massive test of character for him and I wish him luck.

I'm pretty sure he already speaks English, and if I'm wrong; then Chicharito will help him out :)

Massive signing.

A big fan of De Gea, will have plenty of time to grow.

Has the potential to be the best goalkeeper in the world.

Least they got a decent keeper, dont want another crisis like after Schmeichel retired <)

Barthez wasn't that bad... Well he did joke around at times and make some foolish stuff, but hey, he still was one of the top 10 goalkeepers of the past... Even though he wasn't at best in United

Last edited:
looks like Atletico Madrid are going to be losing two top players this summer in De Gea and Aguero. Anyways good luck to De Gea he looks like a top keeper who I am sure will do great at utd.

I prefer Sergio Asenjo, slightly, but a fantastic signing for United if it works. If it works, £17m is a great deal for a budding young goalkeeper, and if it doesn't they can loan him out and them give him another chance anyway. I think he's better than Stekelenburg and Neuer as they are too old and United need a consistent no.1. Van Der Sar and Chicharito should help De Gea out, and I reckon, at £17m for a youngster, you can't go wrong.

I prefer Sergio Asenjo, slightly, but a fantastic signing for United if it works. If it works, £17m is a great deal for a budding young goalkeeper, and if it doesn't they can loan him out and them give him another chance anyway. I think he's better than Stekelenburg and Neuer as they are too old and United need a consistent no.1. Van Der Sar and Chicharito should help De Gea out, and I reckon, at £17m for a youngster, you can't go wrong.

Not every good keeper can be 21 oO)

Not every good keeper can be 21 oO)
I know, but I meant that United need a very long term keeper if they are to be spending £15m+ on him (Stekenleburg would cost £10m, I think and Neuer £15m-£20m and Munich are getting him anyway). De Gea could be their first choice for 15-20 years, and it would give their already top class defence extra stability, with one consistent keeper, although I hate to say it :(.

GET IN! What a signing! I absolutely love the look of De Gea. Yes he is young, but he has all the ability to be the best in the world. Not only does he have awesome ability I have also heard that he is a very nice young man. Best of luck to him and I recon it will be a superb signing! Just got a feeling, all the ability is there and the personality is too.

Get in the **** in. Fantastic young keeper, better than Casilias was at his age. Big challenge ahead of him, but when you have the experience of Rio and Vidic ahead of you, and have a manager like SAF, you cant be better placed to become one of the best in the world

Got great potential i have to admit but its always a gamble when you sign a keeper especially with such a huge price tag. I personly obviously would love to see him fail badly but i dont think he will.

I do not see anywhere where this is confirmed though? I have heard Jeff and Martin say about it on Gary Neville Testimonial but all I see on Sky Sports News is an article about "De Deal looks imminent" but that is just about reports in Spain. I hope SAF will confirm this after the Gary Neville Testimonial. Really hope it is though because like Mike said above. This lad has everything to become an absolute brilliant keeper.

But let's not risk a backlash! Excellent signing from what i've heard - haven't seen much of him personally but that's a big fee for a GK.

Not for a good one. Buffon cost something like 33 million.

Get in the **** in. Fantastic young keeper, better than Casilias was at his age. Big challenge ahead of him, but when you have the experience of Rio and Vidic ahead of you, and have a manager like SAF, you cant be better placed to become one of the best in the world

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Casillas was starting in Madrid's first team aged 17, and was starting in the Spanish national team aged 20.

But a talented player, with big boots to fill. I look forward to seeing how he gets on.

Not for a good one. Buffon cost something like 33 million.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Casillas was starting in Madrid's first team aged 17, and was starting in the Spanish national team aged 20.

But a talented player, with big boots to fill. I look forward to seeing how he gets on.

De Gea could of been in Spain's team at 20 if Casillas was not there though lmao.

Neuer is only 24. The way I see it, Neuer, De Gea & Joe Hart will share the title of "Best Keeper In The World'' just like Casillas, Julio Cesar & Buffon do now.

De Gea could of been in Spain's team at 20 if Casillas was not there though lmao.

Arguably an even taller order lay in front of Casillas when he was starting out. Toppling arguably the greatest goalkeeper in Spanish history in Zubizarreta, and then his extremely accomplished understudy Canizares.

Quality signing. Fergie doesn't **** up as much on signings like he used to.

I do not see anywhere where this is confirmed though? I have heard Jeff and Martin say about it on Gary Neville Testimonial but all I see on Sky Sports News is an article about "De Deal looks imminent" but that is just about reports in Spain. I hope SAF will confirm this after the Gary Neville Testimonial. Really hope it is though because like Mike said above. This lad has everything to become an absolute brilliant keeper.

Sky Sports News broke it as confirmed. They're just slacking with the site. :)

Back