Manchester United to sign De Gea

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 5K
If everything goes well (Player adapting to the league, settling in the area well, fulfiling his potential, stay with us for mnay years) then our defense is sorted for a decade.

De Gea

Rafael Smalling Evans Fabio
And also we are trying to sign Varane, we have Thorpe who has done well and looked destined to make it here..​

Good, super agents are a cancer

You'll never get Mourinho at this rate....

;D

But yeah, expect this one to drag out if he can't pay off Mendes sufficiently to stop him going to court.

Hearing this deal isn't actually completed yet but we're closing in..

(Haven't read back since I last posted so not sure if it's already been said)

Apparently Atletico Madrid President knows nothing about this, although that is irrelevant if United will pay his release clause. Judging by what Fergie said last night, De Gea would of indicated that he wants to come so I am sure the deal is near to be done. Although it would not suprise me if someone else comes chasing if we do not hurry up and get him tied down.

He looks a fantastic keeper and everyone saying well why didnt we go for Stekelenberg because of his experience?? Yes he may have experience but that is not everything, this shows you how good he must be if Fergie who usually goes for experience, is picking this young sensation to replace (In my opinion) one of the greatest ever goalkeepers VDS.

Edit: I have seen people on other forums trying to use the excuse well Atletico Madrid have conceded quite a few goals this season so he can not be that good with an average defence as well. Have you seen there defence? People say it is average, I say look again, there defence is below average.

Last edited:
I have seen people on other forums trying to use the excuse well Atletico Madrid have conceded quite a few goals this season so he can not be that good with an average defence as well. Have you seen there defence? People say it is average, I say look again, there defence is below average.

Actually, De Gea didn't have the best of seasons, AFAIK.

Very good keeper although I thought Fergie would go all out to sign Manuel Neur after the mans's absolutely genius display against Man Utd in the Champions League first-leg

nvm De Gea is a solid signing for Man Utd

Great signing, although I would have personally preferred Stekelenberg or Neuer, someone with more experience in there, but De Gea is going to be as good as Iker Casillas, maybe better.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Actually, De Gea didn't have the best of seasons, AFAIK.

38 games, 11 Clean Sheets, 53 conceded. To be fair, the two defenders in front of him are not anywhere close to Vidic or Rio

Edit: I have seen people on other forums trying to use the excuse well Atletico Madrid have conceded quite a few goals this season so he can not be that good with an average defence as well. Have you seen there defence? People say it is average, I say look again, there defence is below average.

You have a warped vision of below average. A back four of Filipe, Dominguez, Godin and Lopez is extremely competent, better than the majority of Prem defences.

You have a warped vision of below average. A back four of Filipe, Dominguez, Godin and Lopez is extremely competent, better than the majority of Prem defences.

Pretty sure that 2/3 of that back 4 only joined last summer though, and they started the season off really badly and had to claw their way back into 7th place.

Great signing, although I would have personally preferred Stekelenberg or Neuer, someone with more experience in there, but De Gea is going to be as good as Iker Casillas, maybe better.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

38 games, 11 Clean Sheets, 53 conceded. To be fair, the two defenders in front of him are not anywhere close to Vidic or Rio

I know he doesn't have the best of defences, but he has to take the blame for some of the goals this season. I do think experience will solve whatever issues he may have, he looks a great prospect, but I though Fergie would go for someone with a bit more experience.

I know he doesn't have the best of defences, but he has to take the blame for some of the goals this season. I do think experience will solve whatever issues he may have, he looks a great prospect, but I though Fergie would go for someone with a bit more experience.

Building a team that will be prime for when his successor takes over.

I agree that his lack of experience had at times let him down this season for Atletico Madrid, but when he's on form, nothing can go past him. His mistakes aren't really that bad either as I believe they can be overcame once he gets a bit more experience. Definitely has tremendous potential, and with Fergie at helm I'm sure he will fulfill them. As long as he can reach anywhere near his maximum potential we will not need to be looking for a keeper for quite a long time.

If he copes with the pressure and is allowed to mature, superb signing. Always the chance that he won't though.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Here's a bit of tittle-tattle related to the deal: reason for the delay seems to be that the lad needs to change agents. His new agent agreed the deal with Manchester United, but the new agent isn't actually his agent until Monday. Who was his old agent? The same one who arranged for Bebe to move to Manchester United. Has someone been blacklisted as a result of that transfer? Will anyone dare to ask Ferguson? We can only hope :D

Sounds very dodgy...a new agent comes in and negotiates a transfer, raking in agent fees while the former agent loses out? If it is Mendes that loses out though, all I can say is: 'what goes around comes around'. He deserves all he gets after snatching Bebe's transfer from Goncalo Reis. (presuming reports on Bebe's transfer to United are true)

Sounds very dodgy...a new agent comes in and negotiates a transfer, raking in agent fees while the former agent loses out? If it is Mendes that loses out though, all I can say is: 'what goes around comes around'. He deserves all he gets after snatching Bebe's transfer from Goncalo Reis. (presuming reports on Bebe's transfer to United are true)

I get the impression that SAF wanted Mendes out of this, hence why it took so long

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

You'll never get Mourinho at this rate....

;D

But yeah, expect this one to drag out if he can't pay off Mendes sufficiently to stop him going to court.

Lol true, but then i dont like the idea of Jose at the club. I expect SAF to deal with mendes quickly and get it wrapped up

Back