Manchester United v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 12K
there aren't many liverpool fans on here saying he was the 12th man, the vast majority have just said a refereeing mistake has changed the game, which is right!
however better man united are as a team, the game totally changed after that moment, liverpool's shaky confidence plummeted and man united's resilience shone through!
was very much obvious to see!

unfortunately we cant see how the game would have panned out, but you never know in a derby that started off with liverpool flying out the traps then conceding a dubious penalty.

Tbh it probably would have been a good game to watch then :S
And i qouted the one that did.:$ i didn't call all liverpool fans pathetic just that one.

Maybe calling him pathetic was a bit strong but i think it is a pretty lame thing to do.:S

Last edited:
utd were the better team their for deserved to win simple as that. yes webb is a bad ref but their isent a good ref in england anyway so just get used to it.

Ah, more United and Liverpool 'banter'.

Excellent. :S

Martin Atkinson is a good referee.

i think its shameful that we're struggling to think of a good referee, the general standard is truly disappointing

He had two golden chance's which you would at least expected him to get on target. Rooney was worse I hope you are joking.

*Gerrard is a waste up top. Benitez moved him four times in the last half hour when use were 2-1 down. Wide left, wide right, centre mid, up front that questions your manager tactical skills. You need him in the centre to make things happen.

Tell me what Rooney did what was so good except for score that beauty from 3 yards? And now you think you know more than a PROFESSIONAL manager, who won the league with Valencia when Madrid where at their prime and the Champions League with a poor Liverpool team?

@Deano.
yes, i'm slightly biased, but every football fan is! All i'm saying is that if we'd have gone on to win 1 nil, then everyone would be saying how bad united were, or how unlucky they were :/ In terms of a Liverpool - United derby, it was very poor!

oh and look forward to seeing you in the Europa League final ;)

i said it a few days ago refs are factory processed they are told HOW to work and HOW to deal with certain situations now left to their OWN desitions and thats wrong and that is why they all make the same simple mistakes they dont know the game well at all. anyone agree?

I think peopls standards are too high.:S

People are calling that decision today a shocking one when at full speed with one chance to make a decision like the ref it was clearly ****** hard to get it right.

Referees are only human. Technology is probably the answer but fifa are run by a bunch of clowns so not much is going to happen there.

They get paid to be a referee at the highest level. They really shouldn't get simple decisions wrong time and time again. Yes they make mistakes but surely they shouldn't every game. And am I the only one that thinks technology would ruin the game. It would just be like rugby.

I think peopls standards are too high.:S

People are calling that decision today a shocking one when at full speed with one chance to make a decision like the ref it was clearly ****** hard to get it right.

Referees are only human. Technology is probably the answer but fifa are run by a bunch of clowns so not much is going to happen there.

i've heard that the assistant today was flagging for a free kick and not a penalty,
but howard webb was too stubborn to ask.

how true this is i don't know. But tbh it wouldn't suprise me :/

oh and i don't care anymore, i've just beat United 1 nil on fm thanks to a cristiano ronaldo wondergoal. I'd also like to see rooney move to barca irl like he has in my fm save :P

Tell me what Rooney did what was so good except for score that beauty from 3 yards? And now you think you know more than a PROFESSIONAL manager, who won the league with Valencia when Madrid where at their prime and the Champions League with a poor Liverpool team?

Rooney was all over the pitch running at your defenders making attack's, brilliant long balls to switch flanks etc..

What thats in the past mate, im talking about today, not 4+ years ago. Benitez fault to have a poor liverpool team he signs the players not the OWNERS.

They get paid to be a referee at the highest level. They really shouldn't get simple decisions wrong time and time again. Yes they make mistakes but surely they shouldn't every game. And am I the only one that thinks technology would ruin the game. It would just be like rugby.
Don't think todays was simple but if you widen it out some simple mistakes do get made.

Not sure if technology would ruin it.:S Goal line would definetly not make much of a difference to the game. Using videos to get a decision right though could disrupt the flow.:S

Good win. Can't stand the aftermath of these matches.
United win - Excuses from Liverpool fans brought up everywhere.
Liverpool win - A million texts to say how LFC are bringing back the glory days :@
Overall, the stats show United to have the better of the game so just get over it.
2-1 (A)

Rooney was all over the pitch running at your defenders making attack's, brilliant long balls to switch flanks etc..

What thats in the past mate, im talking about today, not 4+ years ago. Benitez fault to have a poor liverpool team he signs the players not the OWNERS.

What are you going on about. I haven't said anything about the owners. I was simply stating that your post implied that Benitez hasn't got a clue when he has a proven CV :S No we haven't been good this season and that is partly down to him yes but it is massively unfair to say we need to question his tactical skills.

Don't think todays was simple but if you widen it out some simple mistakes do get made.

Not sure if technology would ruin it.:S Goal line would definetly not make much of a difference to the game. Using videos to get a decision right though could disrupt the flow.:S

What I am trying to say is the match would be very stop start and yes, would ruin the flow. Rugby and Cricket are the same. If referees could do their job properly we wouldn't even have to talk about this. I mean what is the point in even having a referee if were going to have replays of each decision, they won't even be needed any more.

I don't think they are that bad. Unless you are using technology no amount of training is going to make them get every decision right especially when a lot of it is down to interpretation.:P

What are you going on about. I haven't said anything about the owners. I was simply stating that your post implied that Benitez hasn't got a clue when he has a proven CV :S No we haven't been good this season and that is partly down to him yes but it is massively unfair to say we need to question his tactical skills.

He doesn't have a clue at the minute "my opinion", yeah I'm talking about his tactical skills in a game. why would you play your best player in four different positions's in 20 mins when needing a goal. wide left or wide right which babel or yossi could of played there. Gerrard is a central midfielder you get the best out of him in that role.

anyways guy im off to bed night all, hope everything is calmed down tomarrow :P:wub:

Possibly trying to confuse United's defence, many managers do it, and good night.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

I don't think they are that bad. Unless you are using technology no amount of training is going to make them get every decision right especially when a lot of it is down to interpretation.:P

Nah, of course they are not going to get every decision right but they should be getting at least 90% right. We are all entitled to our opinion though and if you think goal line technology would benefit the game, fair enough. I just don't think it would <)

Back