Manchester United v Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 12K
Wow! I never knew 19-11-08 was this biased, he is as bad as Scott (actually no...no he isn't). The referee did favour United all game, no doubt about that. Not just for the penalty but multiple decisions went United's way... as always. But you just got to get on with it, I mean we all knew Howard Webb was gonna favour United today so why moan about it now?

mate c'mon,

It was a debateable decision. I remember at Anfield Liverpool got a lot more of the decisions, take it on the chin. You lot didn't deserve to win, and United were the better of two teams playing badly. You're being incredibly biased yourself.

Yet before the penalty decision it was even, if not we were the better side :S
Hardly. We were pretty much dominant throughout the whole game.:P
Basically...

no one can say anything against the opinion of man united or their supporters?!

glad i now know ;)
Not really, calling me my opinion biased for no real reason is pretty gay though.

I'm being more reasoned than most the liverpool fans on this thread.:S

Are you having a laugh, the decision was clearly not debatable as it was OUTSIDE of the area and it WAS debatable whether it was even a foul. United were the better team I never said they weren't :S But if they never got the penatly decision do you still think the game would have turned out like it did?

Most opinion's are coming from Liverpool supporters, which are just can't accept the defeat and just use it as an excuse which is the referee is terrible or he was the 12th man. Listen to yourself's its joke. So if we didn't get the penalty who say's we weren't going to beat use anyway's?

If you didn't get a penalty, Liverpool would of got a point. I believe that is the argument, an un deserved point it would of been though.

Most opinion's are coming from Liverpool supporters, which are just can't accept the defeat and just use it as an excuse which is the referee is terrible or he was the 12th man. Listen to yourself's its joke. So if we didn't get the penalty who say's we weren't going to beat use anyway's?

You are clearly just looking for an argument. I have accepted the defeat, I am obviously gutted about it but you have just gotta get on with it. The referee was biased, that isn't an excuse it is a FACT. And the game would definately of been different if the penalty wasn't given.

Hardly. We were pretty much dominant throughout the whole game.:P

Not really, calling me my opinion biased for no real reason is pretty gay though.

I'm being more reasoned than most the liverpool fans on this thread.:S

mate your saying Liverpool fans are being pathetic for blaming the referee!? What else do you want us to do!? that awful decision changed the game. United fans would be doing the exact same had it gone the other way. Whine whine whine. You can't have it both ways. Sing when it goes your way, cry when it doesn't.

Interesting that pundits and people a like feel Torres had a **** game, whereas as rooney good. Just remind me what rooney did? oh that's right, scored a lucky rebound from a brilliantly saved penalty. Torres? well he scored a brilliant header to cap a wonderful team move.

If you didn't get a penalty, Liverpool would of got a point. I believe that is the argument, an un deserved point it would of been though.
Well thats a load of rubbish.:S It was like the 15th minute. We could of easily still gone on and won without the penalty.

I'm looking for no argument I'm just having my say as it seem everyone else is, but how could you say if we didn't get a penalty Liverpool would of got a point? there would of been 78 minutes left, god knows united could of even won 4-1. So the referee made one bad mistake giving a penalty does that mean that stops Liverpool playing good football or scoring goals?

Well thats a load of rubbish.:S It was like the 15th minute. We could of easily still gone on and won without the penalty.

So could have Liverpool, are you familiar with the Chaos Theory?

You are clearly just looking for an argument. I have accepted the defeat, I am obviously gutted about it but you have just gotta get on with it. The referee was biased, that isn't an excuse it is a FACT. And the game would definately of been different if the penalty wasn't given.
No that is not a fact. It is your opinion. The game would have been different but you don't know we still would have won.

mate your saying Liverpool fans are being pathetic for blaming the referee!? What else do you want us to do!? that awful decision changed the game. United fans would be doing the exact same had it gone the other way. Whine whine whine. You can't have it both ways. Sing when it goes your way, cry when it doesn't.

Interesting that pundits and people a like feel Torres had a **** game, whereas as rooney good. Just remind me what rooney did? oh that's right, scored a lucky rebound from a brilliantly saved penalty. Torres? well he scored a brilliant header to cap a wonderful team move.
Don't blame the ref. Blame your players, blame your manager for a totally **** performance.

One decision went your way. I'm sure you probably thought lots of little decisions went our way as well but that is going to be hugely influenced by your bias.

At the end of the day it wasn't a terrible decision as even though it was wrong it was a hard call.

I have never claimed a ref was a teams 12th man after a game which is what andy did.

Rooneys hold up play was very good allowing us to keep the ball and control the match. Torres did nothing apart from his goal. Wait, he did find the time to fluff a golden chance.:P

@ Kevymatts
No... I never said any of that, you have taken what I actually said totally out of context. I said the game would of been different if the pen had not been given :S

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

@ 19-11-08
If you could not see that Howard Webb was biased in that match you must of been watching a different one to me.

So could have Liverpool, are you familiar with the Chaos Theory?
Of course they could have.:S But we don't know what would have happened.

So to use the logic that you take away our dodgy goal the game ends 1-1 and liverpool get a point is rubbish which is what i said.:$

read things properly before you start giving it back!
Jack is clearly saying "What" the argument is by liverpool fans!

and he is clearly on your side of the argument :S
by saying that it would have been undeserved if it was a draw.

just grow up a bit!, and except that people have a different opinion to your own! however wrong it is in your opinion their entitled to it!

You won the game! You are in a great position with Chelsea dropping points, You beat your arch rivals for the first time in 3 games!

what do you have to prove? let people have their say, because it is obviously gonna be frustrating for liverpool fans after such a dismal season for them, then losing to you!

@ Kevymatts
No... I never said any of that, you have taken what I actually said totally out of context. I said the game would of been different if the pen had not been given :S

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------[/COLOR]

@ 19-11-08
If you could not see that Howard Webb was biased in that match you must of been watching a different one to me.
What exactly did i take out of context.oO)

Mate i have been to games where i was sure the ref was **** and was wrong tons of times but actually he had a decent game. In the excitement of the game people normally end up thinking every decision has gone against them. Most games there are wrong decision but never a lot in favour of one team and normally not a significant amount.:P

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

read things properly before you start giving it back!
Jack is clearly saying "What" the argument is by liverpool fans!

and he is clearly on your side of the argument :S
by saying that it would have been undeserved if it was a draw.

just grow up a bit!, and except that people have a different opinion to your own! however wrong it is in your opinion their entitled to it!

You won the game! You are in a great position with Chelsea dropping points, You beat your arch rivals for the first time in 3 games!

what do you have to prove? let people have their say, because it is obviously gonna be frustrating for liverpool fans after such a dismal season for them, then losing to you!
I realised that. :P I was saying that would be rubbish. Calm down ey mate.

I am not stopping anyone having there say.oO) I am just having a conversation i don't see how i need to grow up.oO)

Never said you took anything out of context, if you read it you would see that was towards Kevymatts.

Last edited:
I realised that. :P I was saying that would be rubbish. Calm down ey mate.

I am not stopping anyone having there say.oO) I am just having a conversation i don't see how i need to grow up.oO)

Im not un calm :S

i have no reason to be bothered about any of this, i couldn't actually give two F***S about the result! makes no difference to me!

just very much understand the feeling of the liverpool fans after a game like that with a reffing decision making a significant impact.

lets just hope it happens to you at an important moment for the rest of the season "AGAINST" the mighty man united for ONCE! Doubt it, but lets hope. to see if you take it on the chin and except that referees "make mistakes" :S
because you know as well as everyone else on here that you WOULDN'T!

or you gonna argue about that as well? LOL :P

So your saying (manchester united fans) that the penalty decision didn't change the game.
Liverpool players heads went down when they'd seen a shocking decision. From then they probably knew they'd be up against the ref aswell. It's not easy getting pegged back after a dodgy penalty decision.

I bet that if Liverpool had won 1 nil; everybody would be saying Torres was superb and rooney was nowhere to be seen, but no, united won so torres was **** (aparently)

Back