Manchester United v Newcastle United- Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we might just ****** a point. United have some important players, out, and we could do with taking advantage of that. You never know, Ben Arfa may be signed by then(doubt it....:()

ManUre(Rooney) 1-1 Newcastle(Carroll)
love your optimism stuw, but remeber the three players out are anderson, ferdinand and hargreaves. one's out of favour, one only played 19 games last season. and the last one has played 1 minute of preiership football in the last 2 years.

i feel we could see rooney trying to get over the world cup in the worst way possible for you, particularly if the CS game was anything to go by

love your optimism stuw, but remeber the three players out are anderson, ferdinand and hargreaves. one's out of favour, one only played 19 games last season. and the last one has played 1 minute of preiership football in the last 2 years.

i feel we could see rooney trying to get over the world cup in the worst way possible for you, particularly if the CS game was anything to go by

Or, Roo and co may still be suffering slightly....I hope.

I have to be optomistic, that is why I support my team.

Man United 4-1 Newcastle

Rooney
Lovenkrands
Giggs
Evra
Rooney

Or, Roo and co may still be suffering slightly....I hope.

I have to be optomistic, that is why I support my team.
like DMF says, id like to see the old school newcastle back, we had some great games back then

Rooney is terribly over-rated. They needed to buy a good striker like Hernandez.

like DMF says, id like to see the old school newcastle back, we had some great games back then

Me too, see more of those epic games, the 4-3 thrillers against Liverpool, and so on. Maybe next season, we just need to make sure we do enough to survive this season, and build on that.

Rooney is terribly over-rated. They needed to buy a good striker like Hernandez.

1. He's not over-rated, look at last season, **** the world cup, everyone was *****.
2. They've bought Hernandez.

3. You have Joey Barton.

i'm actually sighing out loud to this. maybe when it comes to the national team yes (that can be said about the entire england squad) but the stats and the performance quite frankly speak for themselves in terms of the prem and europe. he just hit 34 goals in his first season as out and out striker.

you didnt even know who hernandez was 6 months ago, and he has never played in the prem.

It isn't embarrasing, it's an opinion, I could name 10 strikers better than Rooney.

It isn't embarrasing, it's an opinion, I could name 10 strikers better than Rooney.
doesnt make him overrated, bearing in mind we are talking about the premier league. opinons can still be foolish, for example i could have the opinion that city will finish outside the top ten, it'd still be foolish when weighed against the the evidence to the contrary

you know what lets just leave it. the facts largely speak for themselevs and we'll only end up in a slanging match

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Me too, see more of those epic games, the 4-3 thrillers against Liverpool, and so on. Maybe next season, we just need to make sure we do enough to survive this season, and build on that.
whats this? level headed toon fans? my heart actually breaks. gonna try get upto st james's at somepoint this season, awesome atmosphere

To be fair, when we were good, the games between us and Manchester United will never be forgotten. Forget Liverpool.

Yeah Rooney is so over rated, I mean look how many goals he scored last season, he sucks! <)

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

whats this? level headed toon fans? my heart actually breaks. gonna try get upto st james's at somepoint this season, awesome atmosphere

St James Park>most other stadiums in terms of atmosphere. Even after relegation we were hitting 50,000+ home crowds, which says it all.

I know we have to be reasonable and not get carried away. If we get someone like Ben Arfa on loan(who is actually in Newcastle this weekend, HERE(pic of him at Newcastle airport, which is confirmed)) We can maybe look towards mid table/top 10 finish.

seeing as Chelsea won like that today, Fergie has a whole day tomorrow to get it into the heads of the players that they need to do better than chelsea if they're going to win the league, so hopefully United will be fired up for a big win.. but it's manchester united.. they don't like doing things the easy way XD. Hopefully Hernandez will feature, aparently he might not do cos of him playing the who game for Mexico mid week and just getting back yesterday..

Status
Not open for further replies.