Manchester United v Newcastle United- Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would only work if nolan's sole job was to mark out scholes imo, but that leaves barton up against fletcher and A.N. Other, with the space between him and the wide players there to be exploited

Another Manchester fan that doesn't live in Manchester, ryan?

Not that I have to explain myself to you but I will. I was born and raised in Manchester before moving to Southend to start a new job. I have been a
season ticket for the last 11 years and in that time have missed about 6 games. I have been to Rome and Moscow for the champions league finals, wembley for
finals etc etc.

So yes I'm a Manchester United fan who lives outside manchester but I prob have seen my team play a he'll of a lot more than you.

Not that I have to explain myself to you but I will. I was born and raised in Manchester before moving to Southend to start a new job. I have been a
season ticket for the last 11 years and in that time have missed about 6 games. I have been to Rome and Moscow for the champions league finals, wembley for
finals etc etc.

So yes I'm a Manchester United fan who lives outside manchester but I prob have seen my team play a he'll of a lot more than you.

That shut him up. ;)

finals etc etc.

OK, explained, now all shut it. This is about the game on Monday, not about anything else. I am a Newcastle fan who lives 1000 miles from Newcastle, doesn't make me any different to the guy who lives across the road from the stadium does it?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

If there is another comment, the person who makes it will be infracted/.

Can't wait now, I do know we will lose, hopefully not by more than 3.

I think it will be

Manchester United 4( Rooney x2, Valencia and fletcher)- 1(Nolan) Newcastle

Well, my brother is a glory supporting Manchester United fan so things are getting tense here. :p

After what i`ve seen yesterday , in CHELSEA - WBA , i think it`s gonna be a walk in the park for UNITED also

Can see Newcastle being completely smashed here but you never know, if they get 10 men behind the ball they could ****** a draw, we did it to United a few years back in the FA Cup quarters and it worked, we snatched a win in the end. Just need a bit of luck, get some optimism you Newcastle fans, like Stu :p

I don't think this is going to be as easy for Utd as everyone is making it sound. Newcastle are a decent side, with a good squad. Although the fact it's at Old Trafford is a huge advantage for Man Utd - Still, if Newcastle can regain their old premiership form they could well take all three points imo, Sunderland almost did it, Villa did do it, Tottenham gave them a scare, before they got battered... As did Arsenal, before Diaby decided it was a good idea to head the ball into his own goal... Anyway that's not the point. It can be done, with hard work and a little bit of luck..

I don't think this is going to be as easy for Utd as everyone is making it sound. Newcastle are a decent side, with a good squad. Although the fact it's at Old Trafford is a huge advantage for Man Utd - Still, if Newcastle can regain their old premiership form they could well take all three points imo, Sunderland almost did it, Villa did do it, Tottenham gave them a scare, before they got battered... As did Arsenal, before Diaby decided it was a good idea to head the ball into his own goal... Anyway that's not the point. It can be done, with hard work and a little bit of luck..

and could be done but... it wont be :)

i fill United will be too strong for Newcastle and if we score early I think the flood gates will open. Even if we take a little while to score, i still expect us to win this one.

The flood gates won't open.

As bad as Newcastle can be at times, they're not really a team that when they go 1-0 down there heads go down.

Oh,did you mean this one? XD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmUsSr5BGKA"]YouTube- [2-1] Diaby Own Goal[/ame]

i think that man united are going to find it tough as they have always found it tough against newcastle so i'm going for a 2-1 win for united with valencia and hernandez getting uniteds goals and carrol getting newcastle's goal

i also think that this year could be valencia's year as his goal scoring record had improved from his time with wigan and after his good debut season he will improve even more

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

i also think that the header from diaby is great
The accuracy he gets is astounding

The flood gates won't open.

As bad as Newcastle can be at times, they're not really a team that when they go 1-0 down there heads go down.

last four meetings:

Newcastle United 1-2 Manchester United

Manchester United 1-1 Newcastle United

Newcastle United 1-5 Manchester United

Manchester United 6-0 Newcastle United

Im feeling very confident about this to be honest and you say the flood gates wont open, i disagree. You have a Championship squad and IMO will struggle this seaosn to avoid relegation. Im saying at least 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.