Manchester United v Newcastle United- Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the big time Newcastle, to be honest they lacked anything at all upfront and someone to boss the midfield as well as an entire defence. Its lucky they have a couple of weeks to invest in their squad else they could be facing a tough season.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

And Fabregas.

(H)

Fab = Fabregas (H)

Could have been six or seven. And deservedly so too.

Newcastle fans must be hoping that there's three teams worse than them this season. I'd have my doubts on that performance. Maybe one or two?

could have been worse for newcatsle but they gave a good account of themselves. scholes showing once again why his footballing brain is head an shoulders above anyone in the premiership, imo only giggs fab and modric come close.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

dont blame berbs, he wasnt the only one to miss, and his first goal was very well taken

I'm not blaming Berbatov for the missed chances but he has a reputation for being a good finisher and for someone of his standard,I would of thought he'd of converted at least another one of them,particularly the last out of them.

In the Championship, yes. However, as proved in the 2008/2009 season, his constant sloppy mistakes lead to many an opposition goals. Our defence is a shambles and until we rid ourselves of these players with no concentration, we will always struggle.

I knew that going into this match it was a gamble for Hughton to play Williamson in defence.He has never played in the Premier League and even when he was loaned out to Portsmouth,he never played a game for them.Despite the fact that Campbell and Taylor were unavailable for selection for Hughton.

Not taking anything away from his abilities.

Lack of investment from Ashley could be Newcastle's downfall this season, they lack a proven striker in the PL who's really going to score goals. Carroll can be good at times but he's a bit of a headless chicken.

i think Newcastle will stay up... they did alreet to such a team manu wont win the prem tho chelsea will win once again to strong they are

Come on toon!

I'm not blaming Berbatov for the missed chances but he has a reputation for being a good finisher and for someone of his standard,I would of thought he'd of converted at least another one of them,particularly the last out of them.

I knew that going into this match it was a gamble for Hughton to play Williamson in defence.He has never played in the Premier League and even when he was loaned out to Portsmouth,he never played a game for them.Despite the fact that Campbell and Taylor were unavailable for selection for Hughton.

Not taking anything away from his abilities.
true but thats some thing can be worked on as we get sharper, it would have been a bigger problem if we werent creating the chances. yes it was newcastle (no offence guys) but the 4-4-2 had more zip than it did last season

Valencia annoyed me today :mad:: I really hoped that Hernandez would have been given a longer spell, also I believe Rooney should be on the bench for a match or so now that we have 6 strikers, take the pressure off him and he'll get a break.

Looking at a few comments from some Newcastle fans on here it's all a bit drastic isn't it? You've played one game so far, yeah you lost 3-0, against one of the best teams in the world away from home, where's the harm in that?

Atleast give your lads a chance against some more equal opposition, you're not going for anything more than 17th this season tbh, that's your target and you've got 37 games to finish there, you've just got possibly the hardest one out of the way, you're in a relegation battle, not a battle for top half, get used to it.

Last edited:
Lack of investment from Ashley could be Newcastle's downfall this season, they lack a proven striker in the PL who's really going to score goals. Carroll can be good at times but he's a bit of a headless chicken.

I remember Nubikal once referring to a link when Hughton had said there is money to spend,so it's just the matter of looking for the talent.

Carroll could be decent playing alongside a speedy striker,sortta like the partnership Crouch and Defoe have at Tottenham.

Valencia annoyed me today :mad:: I really hoped that Hernandez would have been given a longer spell, also I believe Rooney should be on the bench for a match or so now that we have 6 strikers, take the pressure off him and he'll get a break.
he needs to get fit, and he needs to score, thats the only way he'll get over it

i think Newcastle will stay up... they did alreet to such a team manu wont win the prem tho chelsea will win once again to strong they are

Come on toon!

i didnt know Yoda was a chelsea fan...

1. Valencia was dangerous against Newcastle,working hard and creating quite a few chances.Especially when we had the ball in their half.
  2. Well,it was half of his PL debut and it was in the last twenty,twenty-five minutes.We will see what he has during the season.Hopefully he'll score a few goals.
  3. Rooney showed today he's not as sharp and just needs games to get back into the feel of things.It's only United's first game back so let's give it six,seven - maybe even ten more games before we can look to see if he's lost it a bit.

I thought United did exactly what was expected of them, the team looks ready all but Rooney that is. And yes even as a City fan, I hope United do well this year

Joey bartons moustache is terrible. XD
I hope newcastle win a game soon so he can shave it off.

Pretty good performance from united.

Joey bartons moustache is terrible. XD
I hope newcastle win a game soon so he can shave it off.

Pretty good performance from united.

The Philippe Albert look is great, moustaches have been neglected in the last 10 years, we need more of them.

Tbh Lads I Was Very Pleased With Our Performance. We Showed Drive And Determination And The Ability To Create Chances. We Can Take Things Away From This To Show Where We Need To Improve. I Mean For God Sake It Was Manchester United And We Could Of Easily Got A West Brom-Style Walloping, But We Didnt Let That Happen. Howay The Ladssssssss :wub:

Man U should have won by alot more and Newcastle were lucky they didnt. Newcastle didnt do that much wrong though (imo) they kept trying to close united down but united where just to good. Carrol was good and won must decent balls thrown at him but should have scored the header near the start (i think he would have if he brought back his corn rows XD) Scholes was unreal for united and if he plays enough games this season then i think united will win the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.