Manchester United vs Chelsea - 8/5/11

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 290
  • Views Views 17K

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My point is you see free-kicks given for less than that week in week out so you can see why he gave it. Chelsea had 2 players unmarked in the box so you have to fault Utds defending.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Thats all i have to say.

Not really, if things were to be evened up it would be have 1-1.

That was a different game though and Sundays game has much more meaning to it. I can't help but think there will be a huge decision go against/for a team on Sunday after the week we have had. Hopefully Mr Webb has a good game though and the match will be remembered for the football between two great footballing teams rather than the men in black.

Not really, if things were to be evened up it would be have 1-1.

That was a different game though and Sundays game has much more meaning to it. I can't help but think there will be a huge decision go against/for a team on Sunday after the week we have had. Hopefully Mr Webb has a good game though and the match will be remembered for the football between two great footballing teams rather than the men in black.

What game are you on about mate you lost me lol.

Jacko, a goal resulting from non existent free kick is not a unfair one (Last season goal against us) , but the goal resulting from throw in is an unfair one.. Lol..

Ref evened it? Malouda should have had a penalty, thats it. 1-1 was fair result.

Jacko, a goal resulting from non existent free kick is not a unfair one (Last season goal against us) , but the goal resulting from throw in is an unfair one.. Lol..

Ref evened it? Malouda should have had a penalty, thats it. 1-1 was fair result.

But im not moaning about it thats the difference. The ref/officials got all the goals wrong on Saturday and got a stone wall penalty wrong for Chelsea too so it should have been 1-0 to Chelsea if we scored the penalty.

Title deciding match, in my opinion.
United 1 - 2 Chelsea.

I want Chelsea to win it and have it sorted out by GD.

2-3 for Chelsea

Chicharito, Berbatov - Lampard x2, Torres. Yes, Torres.

Chelsea's record when Martin Atkinson is referee P-17 W-16 D-1 L-0 F-40 A-3
this speaks for itself

Sit back down.

Arc at you, i would love to know 2 things which i dout you will be able to tell me. One how many of them were at home and who they were against. Find them stats and then comeback.

CJACKO is right about that one. If the referee and his assistants got all the decisons correct last weekend it could have ended 1-0 to Chelsea. Chelsea's two goals should've been disallowed, Bale flicked the ball on which somehow resulted in a Spurs throw in, then Sandro scored directly from it. Malouda could have been given a penalty in the second half. I suggest some of you watch the game again.

Regarding the United - Chelsea game, I have no problem with Webb being the referee. Probably the best in the PL, so let's hope the best team wins on the day. I personally think it will be a draw.

Nice OP, not too much biased :P
I hope Torres will start with Drogba on bench. Only with Drogba in first 11, Chelsea seems like top class team. Without him, I think we wont have much trouble to win this game. 2-1, Rooney in first half and Berbatov in 90+, Lampard 88.

I'm going to say 1-1

United take a lead into HT through Rooney, but Ancelotti throws on the calvary in a desperate attempt to save a faltering title bid. Drogba scores with 13 minutes left, and Chelsea continue to empty the garage, kitchen and front-room at Man United but Van Der Sar puts in the performance of his life and Chelsea go down fighting...

1-1. Chelsea to edge the game and look the more likely, take the lead on around the hour through Kalou or Drogba, United equalize quickly through Nani.

I "Dout" I would be able to find that. Now i will leave this before it turns into a troll war as im way out of my depth ;)

No lol you started it so im going to try and finish it. This list is from latest up uptil when i could find.

H Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd
H Chelsea 2-0 Blackburn
H Chelsea 1-0 Fulham - He also sent off Essien
H Chelsea 2-0 Stoke
H Chelsea 8-0 Wigan
H Chelsea 2-0 Stoke
H Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd
H Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool
N Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea - FA Cup Semi Final
H Chelsea 5-0 Sunderland
A Stoke 0-2 Chelsea
A Everton 0-1 Chelsea
H Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool
H Chelsea 0-0 Fulham - He also sent of Drogba

Ok so i found the last 14 games and just like i predicted most games have been at home infact a massive 11/14 have been at home with one being at Wembley (our 2nd home) so only 2 have been away. He has also sent off both Essien and Drogba both at Stamford Bridge. Sometimes stats are mis-leading and this is one of them without a dout.

Now you sit down :P

Last edited:
Why don't you look at the games Howard Webb has refereed for Man U?

Actually don't cos i don't care enough about it to waste your time :P

CJACKO is right about that one. If the referee and his assistants got all the decisons correct last weekend it could have ended 1-0 to Chelsea. Chelsea's two goals should've been disallowed, Bale flicked the ball on which somehow resulted in a Spurs throw in, then Sandro scored directly from it. Malouda could have been given a penalty in the second half. I suggest some of you watch the game again.

Regarding the United - Chelsea game, I have no problem with Webb being the referee. Probably the best in the PL, so let's hope the best team wins on the day. I personally think it will be a draw.

Without trying to stir things and go off topic, who's to say Chelsea score said penalty?

I honestly don't think any ref is purposely biased, it's only natural to slightly favour the home team with thousands of voices backing them, and mistakes happen frequently when it comes to refereeing decisions. It is such a difficult job, but I believe the premiership hosts the best refs in Europe. Hopefully we won't be talking about Webb after the game, but I guess it is inevitable...

Deciding to vote on United due to Webb, also putting a bet on for United to win a pen.

Without trying to stir things and go off topic, who's to say Chelsea score said penalty?

I honestly don't think any ref is purposely biased, it's only natural to slightly favour the home team with thousands of voices backing them, and mistakes happen frequently when it comes to refereeing decisions. It is such a difficult job, but I believe the premiership hosts the best refs in Europe. Hopefully we won't be talking about Webb after the game, but I guess it is inevitable...

it is Lampard we are talking about lol.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

someone has edited Webbs wiki page and it reads.

is an English Footballer who plays for Manchester United and is a very successfull cheat winning 10 trophies for cheating in his career. In a remarkable cheating career he has worked up from the lower-leagues to the team he has always dreamed of cheating for, Manchester United. Webb is counted amongst the top cheats of all time by the International Federation of cheats(IFOC), and has refereed the final of both the UEFA Champions League and FIFA World Cup, being the first person to referee both matches in the same year. Webb has drawn praise for his respect to the law of cheating, and has received acclaims from football managers,players and pundits and governing bodies for cheating, Jose Mourinho once said "He is a man who seems to get all the big cheating methods right"."

Howard Webb is one of the greatest Manchester united players regularly changing the game for Manchester united. He loves fergies **** up his **** Webb first took up refereeing in local Rotherham leagues in 1989. In 1993, he progressed to the Northern Counties East League as an assistant referee, becoming a referee for that league two years later.

You're correct, that's why I said it could have ended 1-0 to Chelsea. Obviously if I said it should have been 1-0 to Chelsea I would be completely disregarding the fact that the penalty may of been missed. Plus the fact that the penalty claim itself wasn't that clear cut, he went through the man but also got a slight touch on the ball.

someone has edited Webbs wiki page and it reads.

is an English Footballer who plays for Manchester United and is a very successfull cheat winning 10 trophies for cheating in his career. In a remarkable cheating career he has worked up from the lower-leagues to the team he has always dreamed of cheating for, Manchester United. Webb is counted amongst the top cheats of all time by the International Federation of cheats(IFOC), and has refereed the final of both the UEFA Champions League and FIFA World Cup, being the first person to referee both matches in the same year. Webb has drawn praise for his respect to the law of cheating, and has received acclaims from football managers,players and pundits and governing bodies for cheating, Jose Mourinho once said "He is a man who seems to get all the big cheating methods right"."

Howard Webb is one of the greatest Manchester united players regularly changing the game for Manchester united. He loves fergies **** up his **** Webb first took up refereeing in local Rotherham leagues in 1989. In 1993, he progressed to the Northern Counties East League as an assistant referee, becoming a referee for that league two years later.

What a tool.

Back