Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Draw - Replay

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, we're in the last 8 now.

What's all this talk about being in the 5th round and having a chance of getting to the QF's?

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Joss, please tell me that was sarcasm..

He's quite blatently being sarcastic.

Whoops. Made assumption based on first poster!

Oh kk, thats alright, shall we stop posting or carry on as the game finished over 3 hours ago :L?

LETS CARRY ON! lol.

It's quite easy to take them for granted really, United did what Derby tried to do, and that's soak up the pressure, it worked, but it certainly wasn't pleasing for the United fans who forked good money to go and watch them defend against a non-league team.

Brodie & Tubbs could of easily snatched a draw, or maybe even won the game with their chances. Seeing how **** United played kind of makes our result against them look a little less embarrassing.

Oh so, no1 posted after my last little message.

Thanks anyway for following and feedback on OP. i might do another 1 of these, for Man u games only tho :L.

What bothers me about this game was that the performance was not a one off. We have been consistently awful all season away from home yet this was at Old trafford and if this is the future of Man Utd then I am very worried. Saying that I thought the twins played well and when they went off we pretty much had zero on the wings as-well as smalling coming on and showing why he is a real talent.

Yea it was worrying. But thats what champiosn do, no matter what team is it, grinding out 1 or 2-0 is still 3 points, dont make it have to look good. When chelsea got 95 points in 05./06 then got alot of 1-0 and they was cirticise for tha,t but it rewarded for getting most points. If it gets us the treble or at least 2/3 cups then i aint got a problem.

Just seen the highlights, was quite a good game, Crawley's wingers + Matt Tubbs was awesome :p! Man United were lucky to win, I reckon.

I watched the first half of this last night. Bebe was non existent but Obertan wasn't much better, lacked flair and delivery. Mills was quality throughout. Crawley are far too good for the BSP, I wonder if they will pip AFC Wimbledon to the title. Darron Gibson did make a fantastic pass to Hernandez though, shame he couldn't finish it.

Why is everyone saying we where lucky to win, Yeah we lacked something, but we really where the better side. Take the fact in the first half gibson was pulling the strings, Fabio should of doubled our lead, Numerous times the ball was fizzed across the 6 yard box... Crawley where good and gave us a game, but we deserved to win.

Crawley deserved a draw, admits Sir Alex Ferguson

They deserved a draw given their second-half performance," admitted Ferguson.

"There is no doubt a few players did not do themselves justice.

"I had no complaints in the first half, I thought we did okay - but we weren't at the races in the second. We were second to every ball.

"It was disappointing. We had some players who maybe don't understand what FA Cup football is like. For them, that is the biggest lesson."

Steve Evans

"He gave me a proper Glasgow welcome," reported Evans.

"They way he and his club have treated us makes me proud to be from the same city.

"He gave me a bottle of wine to share with my wife and overall, it was a fantastic experience.

"It was an education how to treat people. It is why they are the best club in the world."

Well thanks Steve evans for being truthful and saying were the best club in the world :D.

Well thanks Steve evans for being truthful and saying were the best club in the world :D.

Definitely (Y)

The best team in the world would definitely only be able to scrape a 1-0 win against non-league opposition at home.

Definitely (Y)

The best team in the world would definitely only be able to scrape a 1-0 win against non-league opposition at home.

Barcelona are the best team in the World and lost to you, drew with Sporting Gijon and lost to Real Betis.

Does that make them any worse than they are? It was a second string team, with some good players in there and we got the win. Does it matter what the score was?

Definitely (Y)

Your right, whilst the apparent quadraple contenders/ title chasing side would only be able to draw 1-1 to Leyton Orient..... Get a grip

Your right, whilst the apparent quadraple contenders/ title chasing side would only be able to draw 1-1 to Leyton Orient..... Get a grip

lol - I never said we were the best team in the world, nor that we would win the quadruple, but of course we're contenders as the only English team left with a chance (however small it is) - we are chasing the title, we're only 4 points behind and there's a long way to go.

Why would someone quote two managers just to big his side up? Just saying "Oh yay, a non-league manager says we're the best team in the world, therefore we are". Completely pointless thing to do.. Someone posted Wenger saying we CAN win the quadruple, and you get on our backs.. When a Utd fan makes an (IMO) just as silly statement, I'm bound to respond, and have every right to...

Utd are not the best team in the world.. I don't know who is, but it's not a team that scrapes wins in half of their games in a season, which is what it looks like you'll be doing. It's hardly ideal timing to say MUFC is the best team in the world when a team more than capable of thrashing non-league opponents wins 1-0 and just about gets away with it.

When Arsenal do it, it's 'look how lucky Arsenal are' when Utd do it? 'We're the best team in the world'.

I think it's you needing to get a grip, Scott.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Barcelona are the best team in the World and lost to you, drew with Sporting Gijon and lost to Real Betis.

Does that make them any worse than they are? It was a second string team, with some good players in there and we got the win. Does it matter what the score was?

However much I loathe Barcelona, that's three games. None of which were against non-league opposition, all three of which were away from home. Barcelona > Utd.

Oh, and I didn't say it made Utd worse, it's more of the same from their POV really.

Last edited:
However much I loathe Barcelona, that's three games. None of which were against non-league opposition, all three of which were away from home. Barcelona > Utd.

Did I not say in the post you quoted - "Barcelona are the best team in the World"?

I'm sure the guy that posted was taking the mick. You need to stop taking things so seriously.

Did I not say in the post you quoted - "Barcelona are the best team in the World"?

I'm sure the guy that posted was taking the mick. You need to stop taking things so seriously.

Oh right? He can take the mick, and I can't?

I just made one point and everyone jumped on my back, but I'm taking things too seriously? (H)..

OK then.. In YOUR OPINION, Barca are the best team in the world. Except I'm not allowed to say Man Utd aren't? Makes sense.

lol - I never said we were the best team in the world, nor that we would win the quadruple, but of course we're contenders as the only English team left with a chance (however small it is) - we are chasing the title, we're only 4 points behind and there's a long way to go.

Why would someone quote two managers just to big his side up? Just saying "Oh yay, a non-league manager says we're the best team in the world, therefore we are". Completely pointless thing to do.. Someone posted Wenger saying we CAN win the quadruple, and you get on our backs.. When a Utd fan makes an (IMO) just as silly statement, I'm bound to respond, and have every right to...

Utd are not the best team in the world.. I don't know who is, but it's not a team that scrapes wins in half of their games in a season, which is what it looks like you'll be doing. It's hardly ideal timing to say MUFC is the best team in the world when a team more than capable of thrashing non-league opponents wins 1-0 and just about gets away with it.

When Arsenal do it, it's 'look how lucky Arsenal are' when Utd do it? 'We're the best team in the world'.

I think it's you needing to get a grip, Scott.

*sigh Essay writing then it is....

But you just drew with leyton Orient, Cant possibily mean you have any chance..! Right..?

Actually Sunilvk posted both managers, highlighting Fergie saying Crawley deserved better and evans saying best club( See the use of club not team, 2 very different things you know.) As this is a match thread managers post match interviews sometimes get posted. SO i dont think anything very intentional was meant in posting this innoncent links

You are allowed to respond, but you respond by saying team not club, which was mentioned. So you have actually made up an arguement. I thought it was common sense that a club is much bigger and very different from the specific team. and the fact you lot couldnt beat a LL side your timing is truly awful.

"Utd are not the best team in the world.. I don't know who is, but it's not a team that scrapes wins in half of their games in a season, which is what it looks like you'll be doing. It's hardly ideal timing to say MUFC is the best team in the world when a team more than capable of thrashing non-league opponents wins 1-0 and just about gets away with it. "

I think i have already explained why this statement is total ****... Do you..?

Btw though If United win the Champs league and league.. will we then be the best team in the word..?

"When Arsenal do it, it's 'look how lucky Arsenal are' when Utd do it? 'We're the best team in the world'"

No-one have called us the best team in the world...? We where lucky every United fan accepts that. but lets be real we should of been out of sight by Half time...

Status
Not open for further replies.