12:45 Kick Off
Old Trafford
Sky Sports

mKxFp.png
Vs.
arXsE.png

7XKyr.png
TxUp8.png

Manchester United start out on a make-or-break run of fixtures on Saturday with a home date against in-form Everton.

The Red Devils know a season which has promised so much hinges on how successfully they can negotiate their next five games.

A meeting with the Toffees this weekend is followed by a two-legged UEFA Champions League semi-final against Schalke and crucial domestic fixtures against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Fortunately for Sir Alex Ferguson's side, who head the top-flight table by six points, their recent record against Everton suggests they will make a positive start to their testing run.

United have won 14 and lost none of their last 17 Premier League games against the Toffees at Old Trafford.

They have also won their last 12 top-flight fixtures on home soil, with three clean sheets secured in their last four league outings.

Everton will make the short journey to their North West rivals fully aware of their struggles against United during the Premier League era.

They have won only four of their 37 meetings to date, with the Red Devils having proved to be a tough nut to crack down the years.

David Moyes' men did, however, ****** the unlikeliest of points off United in the reverse fixture earlier in the season and have scored three goals in the 90th minute or later in their last two games against Ferguson's men.

The Toffees will arrive at Old Trafford unbeaten in seven, with 17 points collected during that run.

They have won their last two fixtures, but have not won three Premier League away games in a row since December 2008.

Manchester United Team News:

Darren Fletcher is unlikely to figure for Manchester United as he is still working his way back to full fitness following an illness.

Owen Hargreaves will also play no part as he has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a shoulder problem.

Paul Scholes misses out through suspension, while Dimitar Berbatov, who sat out Tuesday's goalless draw at Newcastle with a virus, has a slight groin strain.

Everton Team News:

Everton welcomed Seamus Coleman and Jack Rodwell back into the first-team picture against Blackburn last time out and they should be involved again.

John Heitinga is a doubt with a hamstring injury picked up against Rovers, while Louis Saha and Marouane Fellaini (both ankle) definitely miss out.

Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta are closing on a return to action, but Saturday's encounter is likely to come too soon for them.

Predicted Starting XI'S

Man Utd:

Van der Sar
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Valencia Carrick Giggs Nani
Rooney Hernandez​

Everton:

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines
Coleman Rodwell Neville Bilyaletdinov
Osman
Beckford​

Last edited:
Shouldn't ManU be resting their starting XI because of the Champions League this week? They already won the league, and though the Champions League should be easy, they're going to want to win the Arsenal and Chelsea fixtures too for bragging rights. They should rest their players in this game.

I think we will win this game. But its going to be tough. I think Beckford will give Vidic a headache.

Shouldn't ManU be resting their starting XI because of the Champions League this week? They already won the league, and though the Champions League should be easy, they're going to want to win the Arsenal and Chelsea fixtures too for bragging rights. They should rest their players in this game.

We've far from won the league mathematically. Everton are a difficult side, and we're going to need results against Arsenal/Chelsea as well as a win here, so it's far from certain.

Have They? News to me

OK, if Arsenal somehow beats ManU (near impossible since ManU stacks up against Arsenal perfectly, and because with the recent bad form there's a total lack of confidence in the Arsenal dressing room and turmoil with their captain's recent comments) and wins the rest of their games, ManU has to drop points at home. They have one more road game this season other than the Arsenal match, and that's against Blackburn. They've been great at OT this season, so I can't see them dropping any points in those games. Maybe Chelsea will get the draw, but they should be able to beat Everton and Blackpool at home easily, and they destroyed Blackburn the last time they played them. True, it's not mathematically over, but if Arsenal won the title this season it would be considered one of the greatest miracles in the history of the sport.

The Champions League will be easy but since it's only two matches there's a lot more that can go wrong. If I were them I'd be resting some key players today so they can wrap up the Champions League at the first fixture and then rest for their second fixture. That way they can beat Arsenal and Chelsea (that would make the title a lot sweeter) without having to worry about resting players for the second leg. Everton is missing their key players, so yeah, I think it's a mistake to go with a strong starting XI here. If they don't rest their players and they somehow **** up in the Champions League, playing their best in an easy game would be viewed as a huge mistake.

If we don't win a single trophy this season i'm blaming curtis290.
You're doing your best to jinx us.
This isn't really an easy game. Everton have a good away record and they're second in the form table.
Also, considering our next 3 league games after this are two of the top four and Blackburn away (the fixture where we pretty much lost the title last season) i'd prefer it if ferguson did everything in his power to make sure the gap is still 6 points after tomorrow's game.
I think Chelsea have a good chance. Their run in is not too challenging, they're in good form (top of the form table) and they've only got the league to focus on.

Last edited:
My heart says 1-0 Everton, but I'm going to be realistic here. After the FA Cup, I expect a Man Utd backlash 3-0. But I suspect the scoreline, won't reflect the Everton performance. We'll try our hardest, but Man Utd will be hurting after the Man City loss.

2-0 United - Hernandez, Vidic

Tough game, everton always make me nervous, especially this point of the season when they find form

How have Utd won the league already?? Currently Utd can afford to lose to both Arsenal and Chelsea and still win the league but if they drop points tomorrow and then lost to both Arsenal and Chelsea (which is not impossible) then they **** it up. Every game for Utd from now on in is a cup final simple as that.

Can only see a Utd win in this, although Everton have looked good of late i can see Utd winning it 2-0.

How have Utd won the league already?? Currently Utd can afford to lose to both Arsenal and Chelsea and still win the league but if they drop points tomorrow and then lost to both Arsenal and Chelsea (which is not impossible) then they **** it up. Every game for Utd from now on in is a cup final simple as that.

Can only see a Utd win in this, although Everton have looked good of late i can see Utd winning it 2-0.

Every game for all three sides is a cup final, moreso arsenal and Chelsea.

Without a dout, its hugely in Utd's hands but they need to win tomorrow 100%.

Oh definitely, a win (and frankly i dont care how we do it) puts the pressure right on the others, a draw/loss gives them hope. Definitely "squeaky *** time" as SAF would put it. But it will still be a strong team, regardless of the CL

SAF on everton:

"Everton have done exceptionally well considering David has had a mountain of injuries in the last few weeks, without [Tim] Cahill, [Mikel] Arteta, [Louis] Saha, [Marouane] Fellaini but still turning out the results," he said.

"It's amazing what David has done – even last season when [Phil] Jagielka did his cruciate; he had lots of injuries then, too. He still gets them motivated, he's bringing through some young players, he's freshened his team up and done a fantastic job. They are never easy games against Everton because it's a local derby in a way."

And thats why I have the upmost respect for Fergie. He respects the opposition and the work an opposing manager has done, regarding a situation they are in.

Hope we put out strongest available team. Everton are one of the team that makes me nervous. They have quality, team work, willing to play for each other. Good that this is Home game.

And we can still win the game against Schalke with few players rested or at least get a scored draw then we can win the other game. But we simple cannot afford to drop anymore points in the league against Blackburn, Blackpool and Everton. They are very imp fixtures for us..

Come on You Blues!!!! All i'm looking for is for the team to just do what we've been doing recently and just go for it. We've got nothing to lose while Man U have everything to lose. They're gonna be nervy...2-2