Manchester United vs Liverpool (19/9/10)

Who'll win on Sunday?

• Manchester United

Votes: 64 62.1%
  • Liverpool FC

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
Berba is a tank what a player, i think we deserved the result apart from a sloppy 15minute spell we where the better side all round. Rooney was okayish, i was kinda disappointed in him at times, same with fletcher( Dies inside). Torres look uninterested for the majority of the game.

btw Howard Webb is a Leeds fan born in Tring, Bucks, he actually hates Utd, but just does a professional job.

United fans were ripping Berba last year. Shows what a game can do. Wouldn't agree about Torres he put a lot of effort in today.

United fans were ripping Berba last year. Shows what a game can do. Wouldn't agree about Torres he put a lot of effort in today.

I have never slated Berba and have always asked fergie to keep him, even in this thread i wanted fergie to drop rooney and play berba on his own upfront.

I think Torres looked very poor in the first half and had a spell where he won a few set peices. His defending for berbas first goal kinda summed his first half up, and his 2nd whilst better, You would want a bit better

no, some united fans were ripping berbs. same way plently of liverpool fans were ripping N'gog

I didn't watch the second half, but from what I saw of the first half, United deserved to win. I am quite happy that we are trying to keep the ball now, not just long balls to Torres or N'Gog.

The same thing happened with Owen at Anfield last year. Carragher dragged him down and didn't even get a yellow if I remember. United fans wanted him off, we were in denial. It's vice versa here. From what I seen (please note were bunched up in a corner half a mile in the sky and couldn't really see any replays) it looked as if it was a red. I'm lookin forward to MOTD2 tonight!
I am quite fed up of our supporters looking for excuses. Nobody said Carragher deserved a red card there, did they? I mean, it's alright if you give your mate an excuse to shut him up ;), but on here? Not worth it. I cannot, however, comment on the 'should of been red card' which John O'Shea apparently deserved. Still, we can take many positives from this game, at least we didn't get thrashed and scored 2 goals at Old Trafford. Bring it on at Anfield!

I have never slated Berba and have always asked fergie to keep him, even in this thread i wanted fergie to drop rooney and play berba on his own upfront.

I think Torres looked very poor in the first half and had a spell where he won a few set peices. His defending for berbas first goal kinda summed his first half up, and his 2nd whilst better, You would want a bit better

I also think Berbatov is a very good player and I never doubted him when he was struggling last season, just saying most United fans are gonna love the guy now haha. It's difficult for Torres, he was isolated again today, Meireles, Gerrard and Poulsen were all having to stay pretty deep and Torres was closing down on his own and when he got the ball he had to hold it for a while before he could lay it off. He did a lot of running today and showed determination. He was poor defending the corner but he isn't a defender so it is harsh to judge him on that. Why he was marking Berba, I just don't know :S

no, some united fans were ripping berbs. same way plently of liverpool fans were ripping N'gog

I never said all United fans. I was just stating that a hat-trick against your rivals can really get the fans on your side. I, personally still don't rate N'gog, I'd love to be proved wrong though.

I also think Berbatov is a very good player and I never doubted him when he was struggling last season, just saying most United fans are gonna love the guy now haha. It's difficult for Torres, he was isolated again today, Meireles, Gerrard and Poulsen were all having to stay pretty deep and Torres was closing down on his own and when he got the ball he had to hold it for a while before he could lay it off. He did a lot of running today and showed determination. He was poor defending the corner but he isn't a defender so it is harsh to judge him on that. Why he was marking Berba, I just don't know :S

Yeah Berba makes things look effortless that why i love him. I agree torres defo looked better when N'gog came on, Even though i think N'gog touched the ball about 4 times, just his presence. Why Pool had 3 players sitting i will never know, especially Gerrard. :S.

How did people think Carragher Performed today, i thought he tried hard but really was off form. Also Srktel played on the edge a few times i though a different day the ref might of gave a penalty, as he was trying to swap shirts with Wayne During the game.

I never said all United fans. I was just stating that a hat-trick against your rivals can really get the fans on your side. I, personally still don't rate N'gog, I'd love to be proved wrong though.
oh most definitely, this game will have defined him in the eyes of many united fans. Im suprised that you still dont rate him, think hes a good young player

That was pretty awesome.
Berbatov is a ******* god. I haven't seen a replay of the second goal but from where i was it looked amazing.^^)

oh most definitely, this game will have defined him in the eyes of many united fans. Im suprised that you still dont rate him, think hes a good young player

As I said I'd love him to become a great player, I just still don't believe he was what it takes.

That was pretty awesome.
Berbatov is a ******* god. I haven't seen a replay of the second goal but from where i was it looked amazing.^^)

Dont Worry it was ******* Amazing, i went so mental

Yeah Berba makes things look effortless that why i love him. I agree torres defo looked better when N'gog came on, Even though i think N'gog touched the ball about 4 times, just his presence. Why Pool had 3 players sitting i will never know, especially Gerrard. :S.

How did people think Carragher Performed today, i thought he tried hard but really was off form. Also Srktel played on the edge a few times i though a different day the ref might of gave a penalty, as he was trying to swap shirts with Wayne During the game.

Carragher was good but he was 100% at fault for the third goal. Just trying to make sense of the second part you wrote (no offense) but who is Wayne?

That was pretty awesome.

It was quality.

Carragher was good but he was 100% at fault for the third goal. Just trying to make sense of the second part you wrote (no offense) but who is Wayne?

RooneyXD

I can't believe he didn't start N'Gog. I know Torres is a lot better than him but in the form David is in it would have given him a lot of confidence so I reckon he would've been a better pick today, just my opinion

Yh thought he was pulling his shirt and holding on a few times.

Carra often does it, 95% of the time he gets away with it. Haven't you noticed that players often go down around him off the ball?

Carra often does it, 95% of the time he gets away with it. Haven't you noticed that players often go down around him off the ball?

yh i know, it was kinda funny though cause Webb was like 2 yards away when Srktel did it, Wayne was not happy.

lol yeah ive seen this, he hardly ever get picked up for it though

lol yeah ive seen this, he hardly ever get picked up for it though

I know, I noticed it a season or two ago and try and keep an eye on what goes on now haha. To be fair he is very good at getting away with it.

Back