Manchester United vs Liverpool (19/9/10)

Who'll win on Sunday?

• Manchester United

Votes: 64 62.1%
  • Liverpool FC

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
Should've been red for O'Shea for the FK, brilliant FK by Gerrard though...
Definite penaltym have no idea why Evans even bothered complaning, he was nowhere near the ball.
Would have liked (not just for table reasons) for Utd to fall short here, but c'est la vie.

Not to sound bitter bet Webb was poor today, how O'Shea wasn't sent off eludes me. Still, Steven Gerrard :wub:

Seems Liverpool fans think O'Shea deserved a red, and United fans are adamant that he didn't.

I guess I'll decide as a neutral when I watch MOTD2. ;)

Seems Liverpool fans think O'Shea deserved a red, and United fans are adamant that he didn't.

I guess I'll decide as a neutral when I watch MOTD2. ;)

Well, I was just thinking..

Last man = Red card? Seems I was wrong :(

It wasn't even a clear goalscoring opportunity to begin with, hence the term 'denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' does not apply. I mean, if O'Shea got send off I don't think it would be a wrong decision either, but Webb's went one way with the decision and that's that.

It wasn't even a clear goalscoring opportunity to begin with, hence the term 'denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' does not apply. I mean, if O'Shea got send off I don't think it would be a wrong decision either, but Webb's went one way with the decision and that's that.

The same thing happened with Owen at Anfield last year. Carragher dragged him down and didn't even get a yellow if I remember. United fans wanted him off, we were in denial. It's vice versa here. From what I seen (please note were bunched up in a corner half a mile in the sky and couldn't really see any replays) it looked as if it was a red. I'm lookin forward to MOTD2 tonight!

Well, I was just thinking..

Last man = Red card? Seems I was wrong :(

Remember Carling Cup final last year? Agbonlahor one on one with the keeper, Vidic drags him down inside the area, yellow card, no red. Refs seem to ignore this nowadays.

I don't understand how was that a clear goal scoring opportunity. VDS was ahead of him to get the ball, he would never get the ball in time and was simply making an off the ball run. the ref got it right imo. a free kick and a yellow. Had vds stayed in his post then yes, its a definite red, as it would mean that Torres had been denied a "clear" goal scoring opportunity being the last man as well. That certainly wasn't the case here.

Stop blaming the referee every freaking time Man Utd had a win. It's getting boring. If Howard Webb was that horrible he wouldn't be officiating the final of World Cup.

Berba is the first Utd player to score a hat-rick against Liverpool for 64years.

Stop blaming the referee every freaking time Man Utd had a win. It's getting boring. If Howard Webb was that horrible he wouldn't be officiating the final of World Cup.

Howard Webb has already told the media he supports Man United, enough said.

as a nuetal i thought it was a red card. Its a goal scoring opportunity and O'Shea was the last man.

Howard Webb has already told the media he supports Man United, enough said.
no tabloid stories said he supports united, something that he has denied. they decided he was one, because he took a shirt from cristiano ronaldo

Fair enough, I just assumed it was true, I am far too gullible at times.

Berba is a tank what a player, i think we deserved the result apart from a sloppy 15minute spell we where the better side all round. Rooney was okayish, i was kinda disappointed in him at times, same with fletcher( Dies inside). Torres look uninterested for the majority of the game.

btw Howard Webb is a Leeds fan born in Tring, Bucks, he actually hates Utd, but just does a professional job.

Back