Manchester United vs Liverpool (19/9/10)

Who'll win on Sunday?

• Manchester United

Votes: 64 62.1%
  • Liverpool FC

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
Liverpool's Torres is off form and their tactics leave alot to be desired

Fernando Torres is actually not playing badly at all. It's Roy's strategy that is playing against Fernando's strengths. If we play route one football against United then we might as-well concede the match and take a 3-0 loss.

The reason Meireles is better than Lucas defensively is purely down to the fact, that Lucas is not a holding midfielder. He's an attacking midfielder who is being made to operate somewhere else as Gerrard currently occupies that position.

The reason Meireles is better than Lucas defensively is purely down to the fact, that Lucas is not a holding midfielder. He's an attacking midfielder who is being made to operate somewhere else as Gerrard currently occupies that position.

That is my point.

EDIT: However I wouldn't say he is an attacking midfielder, more of a box-to-box midfielder.

That is my point.

EDIT: However I wouldn't say he is an attacking midfielder, more of a box-to-box midfielder.

Agreed. He's a fully paid-up MC who on occasion breaks forward effectively or fills-in in the holding role. Unfortunately for him,he is mostly played out of position to fit the playing system ie: DMC. He has got bad press because of this.

Before he joined Liverpool, he was regularly employed in an attacking midfield position. He has even stated himself that is his preferred position. However, I think we all know, he's a better AM or CM than he ever will be as a DM. Simple really. I think he'll start to get more games in his preferred position as Gerrard gets older.

I'm a huge, die-hard Liverpool fan and i hate Utd more than anything but, they are far far far better and play far far far better football. They will win 2 or 3 nil.

Christ that hurt saying that!!!

I'd like Liverpool to win, so I can laugh at my friend.

Either a draw or a narrow Manchester United win I predict. Cannot see Liverpool getting the 3 points here.

Joe Cole today looked ahead to Sunday's trip to Old Trafford and declared: 'I love playing against Manchester United.'
cole_263_4.jpg

The summer signing struck a decisive blow in last season's title race when he netted the opening goal of Chelsea's 2-1 victory over Alex Ferguson's side in April with an audacious back heel.
Now Cole can't wait to experience the passion and intensity of a Liverpool versus United tussle for the first time as a Reds player.
"I love playing against Manchester United," he said. "I always have. Old Trafford is a great place to play and there is no better stadium to get a result.
"At Liverpool with the added rivalry between the clubs, it is going to be really exciting. I'm really looking forward to it. It can be a game that you use as a yardstick to measure your season but if we take a result away from Old Trafford it will be really good.
"They are in a similar boat to us. They haven't started all guns blazing and have been in fits and starts. It will be a massive test but we have just got to keep doing what we are doing.
"I'm available for selection. I'm looking forward to it. People have told me what this means to the club and I am ready for it."

hopng for a liverpool win or a draw in this one. and thepost above about joe cole saying he loves to play againt utd is true because on so many occations his put in good performances against them and may keep that up tomorrow

have to say manutd squad is alot stronger than the pools.

lucas is worst player i can remember but hodgson must be doing something good ! cos that **** lucas scored ! lol ;)

liverpool are shadow of former great teams but they always raise there game for big matches and relish the competative rivalry

rooney and torres are both under-performing lately will be interesting to see who shakes that off.

united have more physical and skill bout them but liverpool bring hard work and determination

these big occasions are often anticlimax

i see another bore draw hope am wrong! lol

I don't see us losing tbh..

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll win comfortably 3-0.

Rooney's due a United goal so I think he'll get one, and despite Torres' great record vs United I think his poor form will win over and he'll be ineffective.

cmon the pool :)

Man Utd 1 Liverpool 2

Rooney, Torres, J Cole

I think only one result utd winning 2-0 easy rooney and nani/ scholes for a goal

Rooney's due a United goal so I think he'll get one, and despite Torres' great record vs United I think his poor form will win over and he'll be ineffective.
Torres is due a goal, as much as Rooney is, both are in poor form

but to be fair only one really looks like scoring, and thats rooney. though you can never write torres off, all he needs is a moment

I don't dispute the fact that United will win, and I think they will - 2.1

But WOW, Rooney poor form - Meaning he is due a goal so he scores but Torres poor form - Meaning he will do naff all, all game. :S

but to be fair only one really looks like scoring, and thats rooney. though you can never write torres off, all he needs is a moment

This.

Rooney is getting the chances and playing well, but not scoring. Torres just isn't playing well.

Both have scored for their National teams, but Rooney looks lively and has got a few assists to his name, whereas Torres just seems to be struggling with the Premier League this season. But I do agree with Madsheep and Walrus, both will probably score if they get a chance, but going on performances Rooney is probably more likely to score that Torres.

Of course, that's just my opinion though :)

Old Trafford...probably 2-1 for Liverpool. Torres and N'gog

Back