Manchester United vs Liverpool (19/9/10)

Who'll win on Sunday?

• Manchester United

Votes: 64 62.1%
  • Liverpool FC

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
I don't think anyone on the Man U or Liverpool side of the fence can say who's gunna win. It will always be biased. Me for example would always say that Liverpool will win because i am a liverpool fan. My preffered 11 would be:

Reina
Carragher Skrtel Agger Konchesky
Meireles Gerrard
Johnson Lucas Cole
Torres​

My reasoning for some of this. Reina is a dead cert. Carragher can defend at right back, whereas Johnson can't defend but can attack. If you take the defensive responsibility from Johnson then he doesnt have to keep rushing back and getting caught out. Plus then if Carra pushes down the line then he has the experience to get back and cover. Meireles and Gerrard in my opinion make Liverpools strongest centre mid pairing. Both box to box midfielders who must have confidence in eachothers ability. Lucas cannot defend but is not a bad attacker. As with Johnson, take aaway the defensive responsibility and he will thrive. Torres is a cert, whether on form or not and Joe Cole will be raring to go.

My utterly pointless prediction - Man Utd 1 - 2 Liverpool (Berbatov, Lucas, Cole)

but to be fair only one really looks like scoring, and thats rooney. though you can never write torres off, all he needs is a moment

Torres scored 2 for Spain last week. He isn't playing bad he just isn't getting chances. Roy's tactics make it very difficult for him to do anything effective at all. To be fair it just isn't Torres' fault. If Roy gets his tactics right tomorrow I think we might see him score, his pace and movement just ruin Vidic.

Torres scored 2 for Spain last week. He isn't playing bad he just isn't getting chances. Roy's tactics make it very difficult for him to do anything effective at all. To be fair it just isn't Torres' fault. If Roy gets his tactics right tomorrow I think we might see him score, his pace and movement just ruin Vidic.
disagree with the last bit, people quickly forget the games where vidic had him in his pocket. agree that roy just sint getting the best from him at all, but he does also look short of confidence in a red shirt. he still doesnt look like scoring, it may not be his fault but the point stands. and im not sure roys is gonna get it right for tomorrow, i feel he will come not to lose, and if joe cole is playing amc, scholes could have a field day in space

We're not playing to our strengths, Roy has got us playing long balls into the cornors, I'm not sure how Torres can score off these...It's not Torres' fault.

Should be a good game, looking forward as always, hopefully it won't be a let down like all the other games I have been to this season.

I think we can just get a draw at Old Trafford:
Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool
Rooney Torres
Giggs Cole
I would be happy with that to be honest. Everyone was saying we were going to lose to Arsenal this season, and Man Utd last October/November and we won - 2-0 as well!

Liverpool to pull off a shock and win 3-1.

boy i hope pool get somthing out of this but i just can't see it.

United 1-0 Pool

Boring game, comes to life on 93 mins when Scholes plays a 40-yard ball to put Owen in, and he does the rest to really peev off the Liverpool fans.

right lads its off to Manchester i go, hoping for a good old typical North-West derby.

As a neutral I am looking forward to this match. United win for me.

will be supporting joe cole one last time in this one :D hopefully torres can also be at his best and terrorise vidic once more but ive got a feeling this is going to be a draw and im going to predict 0-0 but im not very good at predicted so I doubt that will end up as the final score lol

Back