Manchester United Vs Manchester City | 23rd Oct | Old Trafford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really well written piece Nick, if you're interested in getting your work published (External to your WP blog) let me know and I'll give you a few email addresses of sites that publish pieces and you could probably get a writing slot with them.

I mean it's not going to be ESPN but there's a lot of good quality sites out there. I'll give you the contact info for the editor of the Daisy Cutter if you're interested and you can show him some work and see if he wants to pick you up. Or if that has too much football satire for you, a different league is usually recruiting correspondents. I believe ADL are recruiting a European Football Writer and a few English sub editors so if it sounds like your type of thing let me know and I'll give you the email addresses.

Thanks for the praise, it means a lot. I'm improving all the time, so it's nice when people say stuff like that. Especially when this piece was done in about half an hour, halfway through which I realised the time and started panicking due to possible lateness at a place I needed to go. ;)

Those sound very interesting: if you've got the time, a PM with the contact details of that the likes of Daisy Cutter would be fantastically appreciated. Thanks!

Also, so this isn't too off-topic: Mike. secretly loves Jonny Evans and wants his manbabies

he is box to box with a licence. he should not be doing the dirty work, that should be fletcher. Anderson should be making a nusciance of himself when he tracks back, but the destroyer should be fletcher. But becuase tactically it isnt clear, he isnt clear either.

Cleverley i think will be good enough, but there is no cover for him, worried about this before he got injured, hence why i wanted anotehr signing. Would like to see someone similar in Jan

Javi Martinez is the player we need. Tactically brilliant who can shield defense very well. We should go for him, great attribute of good Spanish midfielders is that they are very good in retaining possession in tight spaces. Either him or we should go for Banega. They both are capable of taking us to next level.

Javi Martinez is the player we need. Tactically brilliant who can shield defense very well. We should go for him, great attribute of good Spanish midfielders is that they are very good in retaining possession in tight spaces. Either him or we should go for Banega. They both are capable of taking us to next level.

Manchester United 'Ready To Bid £17m for Martinez' | Football Gossip

Manchester United are ready to battle it out with Inter Milan for the signature of Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez.

The 23-year-old has been linked with a number of clubs including Liverpool, Napoli and Real Madrid but Spanish radio network Cadena SER have today reported that United and Inter are both ready to put in offers of 20million euro (£17million) for the Spain international.

Athletic signed Martinez as a 17-year-old in 2006 in a 6million euro deal from Basque rivals Osasuna despite him never having played a first-team game. He made his debut for Athletic at the start of the 2006-07 season and has missed just a handful of first-team games in the meantime, playing over 200 times for the club and scoring 23 goals.

He made his international debut for Spain in 2010 and was in their 23-man squad for last year’s World Cup finals though he made just one substitute appearance in the tournament.

Reports from Spain today have also linked United with Valencia defender Jordi Alba. The 22-year-old was recently linked with Barcelona.

A very reliable source. You might get your wish lol.

I would die of happiness if we signed him

300001_186750588070385_100002063368274_433291_931519222_n.jpg

oh tesco.

Mike can we close this thread now?

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

I think everything has been covered including match report by GC. Closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.