Manchester United's Rafael charged for...

"JenChang88
So would anyone really know if Man Utd gave Rafael his brother's shirt and stuck him back in the lineup in the next game as "Fabio"

Haha would anyone?

Fully deserved and not surprising. It was a debatable sending off but that's not the point. The point is that you can't shout in a referees face and completly disrespect him. The FA introduced the respect the referees campaign and Rafael has clearly not shown the ref respect. Therefore he must be punished.
exactly. well said

That is just an excuse to back the referee's terrible decision indirectly.

Agree with you mate, it's United so the FA will come down hard on Rafael others will say Utd fans moaning again

What a joke, first he gets sent off for two very soft yellows and now he gets charged for protesting. FA must be trying to cover up Mike Dean's all round poor performance yesterday. They might as well charge Rooney as well as tbh his behaviour was worse.

Dear all,

Clearly not. You could see his reaction was out of order, yes it was a debatable sending off but that gives him absolutely no right to be shouting in Mike Dean's face. Based on what Rooney was doing as well, I think he has learnt well. I think I lip read Rooney call Mike Dean a ''******* ******'', please correct me if I am mistaken.

I also believe Rafael was continously shouting at Dean and therefore has been rightly charged. Respect the referee campaign anyone?...

Kind regards,

Alex Whitehouse
Aged 19

The first challenge was very rash, I thought he was going to be sent-off. Never saw the second one.

Yeah the first was rash but it looked like he won the ball and one of the spurs players did the same sort of tackle in the same half and got away with it. The second was Rafael running across one of the spurs players and accidently tripped him.

Well according to the experts here, United are favored by FA and Fergie has a say in all matters.

On topic though, i thought it was deserved. You just can't bad mouth Ref like that and kick mic on his way out. This sends wrong impression. Good that he was fined so that he will cut down in the future. I like it though. I love his aggression.

You say you love his aggression but castrate him for bad mouthing the ref, can't have it both ways, especially at the age of 19

Dear all,

Clearly not. You could see his reaction was out of order, yes it was a debatable sending off but that gives him absolutely no right to be shouting in Mike Dean's face. Based on what Rooney was doing as well, I think he has learnt well. I think I lip read Rooney call Mike Dean a ''******* ******'', please correct me if I am mistaken.

I also believe Rafael was continously shouting at Dean and therefore has been rightly charged. Respect the referee campaign anyone?...

Kind regards,

Alex Whitehouse
Aged 19
having said all that, i do remember a lot of liverpool fans goin beserk because Babel got charged over his jibe at Webb, its all the same thing

I'm **** sure, him asking for card is nothing to do with him being charged. And he did what was done to him. Did you see how Bale and co surrounded ref asking for Red card?

Like i said refs arn't consistant, but that dosen't excuse Rafael of what he done.

what? he asked the ref to book the Spurs lad as the challenge on him was worse than the one he got booked for, I don't like to see it but its something a lot of players do. You see red cards every weekend and 90% of the players who see red stand and argue afterwards but how many of them then get charged by the F.A?

Alot of players don't stand right infront of the refs face shouting at them.

Regardless of his reaction to his 2nd yellow he shouldn't of complained but the yellow itself was very soft

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Alex Whitehouse
Aged 19

Hear we go again!!!

that's ridiculous. Nobody leaves the field immediately after being showed the red card. the red card is discustable, but this decision is ridiculous

The red card was harsh imo, but this charge is correct. You can't shout and swear in the referee's face and kick the microphone after being cautioned. You're not allowed to, so the charge is correct. However if they increase his ban for it, then that'll be wrong.

To be fair though taking anybody down is risky when you're on a yellow.

It wasn't his fault he took him down though he was naturally running back when Ekotto ran across him deliberately so his heels were clipped it was purely accidental. However the first wone could have merited a red card which could have made it harder for United so.

Like i said refs arn't consistant, but that dosen't excuse Rafael of what he done.

really? watch match of the day, the football league show. a lot of players surround the ref arguing about sending offs every weekend and action is never taken over it

Rafael was out of order, but who would not, will the FA come down on DEAN, for his appalling refereeing

The red card was harsh imo, but this charge is correct. You can't shout and swear in the referee's face and kick the microphone after being cautioned. You're not allowed to, so the charge is correct. However if they increase his ban for it, then that'll be wrong.

Agreed. A fine and a slap on the wrist, a la Babel, should suffice.

Rafael was out of order, but who would not, will the FA come down on DEAN, for his appalling refereeing

all referees have bad games, it's just something we football fans don't understand :S

really? watch match of the day, the football league show. a lot of players surround the ref arguing about sending offs every weekend and action is never taken over it

Not to that effect other wise the they would be punished.

They will never go against their refs, they will always stick up for their refs no matter what.

the charge has been increased from 1 game to 3 accordng to red cafe, the full story can only be found on FA.com at the moment but the story only says about him being charged and more details to be released later.

Yeah going by the rules he should be charged but players get away with it all the time, and as I said before Rooney's behaviour was worse.