Manchester United's Rafael charged for...

There is no point comparing the Crouch and Rafael tackles. We all know one thing that annoys us most about refs is that there is no consistancy. Yes its annoying but it still dosen't make what Rafael did right. He deserves this punishment simple as that.

There is no point comparing the Crouch and Rafael tackles. We all know one thing that annoys us most about refs is that there is no consistancy. Yes its annoying but it still dosen't make what Rafael did right. He deserves this punishment simple as that.
exactly, and to be fair a good number of united fans agree with you. What would be ridiculous is if they extend his ban though, deserves a fine, nothing more.

exactly, and to be fair a good number of united fans agree with you. What would be ridiculous is if they extend his ban though, deserves a fine, nothing more.

Exactly. Fine is enough, Hope he wont get extended ban.

1) watch your language, the asterisks fool no one

The asterisks aren't meant to fool anyone. They are there for censorship, and he is respecting the forum rules by doing so. You can't penalise him for that, regardless of how your opinion differs from his.

The asterisks aren't meant to fool anyone. They are there for censorship, and he is respecting the forum rules by doing so. You can't penalise him for that, regardless of how your opinion differs from his.
didnt penalise him for that, penalised him for calling me a fuckwit

I bet you Lol'd though mike XD I certainly did.

Some people really shouldn't have debates about football though can't handle it and start shouting abuse, Imagine him in a pub. Knockout !

I bet you Lol'd though mike XD I certainly did.

Some people really shouldn't have debates about football though can't handle it and start shouting abuse, Imagine him in a pub. Knockout !

Many are just internet warriors not hard men;)

By penalise, I don't mean his ban or infraction, I mean telling him to watch his language, when technically he didn't post anything vulgar... until his second post, of course.

I mean him being knocked out for his cheek lol.

Thats what i said, from behind keyboard one can spout as much **** as he wants, but in a pub with people around, i dont think anyone can spout the same **** infront of them. Proper knock out blow.

Manchester United's young Brazalian right back Rafael has today been charged for improper conduct by the F.A for... Not leaving the field off play straight away following his debatable sending off yesterday against Tottenham Hotspur.

My views, complete and utter bollocks! what player leaves the field straight away?

link to come.

Understand where you're coming from but to be fair, he probably deserved it. Getting in Tevez's face like that at Old Trafford is one thing, but doing it to a ref at WHL is something completely different. And I'm not trying to be biased I certainly didn't think he deserved the sending off (and loved every second of his tirade against Tevez for the record ;)).

Thats what i said, from behind keyboard one can spout as much **** as he wants, but in a pub with people around, i dont think anyone can spout the same **** infront of them. Proper knock out blow.

Yeah I suppose, With a drink in him though people do foolish things, but i understand you know :p

I shave with my hunting knife. I dare you to ban me ^^)

You got some balls Jack...

Last edited:
Yeah what do you expect after shouting in the refs face like that.

What I found hilarious was the when the cameras zoomed in on rooney as he shouted "******* ******" to the ref. :')

getting the ball is irrelevant. gerrard got the ball when he got sent off, rafal got the ball on his first yellow. getting the ball doesnt it mean it isnt a foul
Getting the ball is not always irrelevant. In Gerrard's case it was irrelevant because it was a two-footed lunge. However if he made a normal slide tackle then getting the ball would have been a relevant factor into whether it was a foul or not.

Getting the ball is not always irrelevant. In Gerrard's case it was irrelevant because it was a two-footed lunge. However if he made a normal slide tackle then getting the ball would have been a relevant factor into whether it was a foul or not.
but not if you're taking out the whole man, though can see where you are coming from.In those three cases (Crouch Rafael Gerrard) becuase of the way the tackles were made, then winning ball is irrelevant. But you're right certainly there are cases where it is very relevant

I understand his position ,he shouldn't have kicked that microphone but he was just angry because he didn't deserve to get the second yellow card.I would do the same... Charge is fair no doubt!

Yeah what do you expect after shouting in the refs face like that.

What I found hilarious was the when the cameras zoomed in on rooney as he shouted "******* ******" to the ref. :')
interersting that you say he deserved it (which he did) yet defend Babel. Both disrespected the ref, just in different ways.

Sorry to bring this back up again but i have just listened to former ref Graham Polls take on the whole situation. Yes people find him abit of a joke (mainly because of the 3 yellows) but he was actually a decent ref even though he sent Terry off away at Spurs for next to nothing lol.

"If your the defender its your responcability not to trip the player up the intent is irrelivent. Did he stop a promosing forward move yes so on its own its worthy of a caution. Take away the fact that 6 minutes earlier he made another rash challenge before that he had been doing that artificial card waving which is intructed by Fifa as a mandatry offence and should be a caution".

Also Poll says why you cant appeal against a two yellow red card. Apparently it was a trade off between the FA and their disaplinary to say ok if we still allow you to appeal a straight red card but not two yellows. Basicly Fifa say you shouldn't be allowed to appeal a straight red card unless its mistaken identity. Only in England are we allowed to appeal against a straight red card.

Hope that clears this up for you.