Mantorras77's Tactic Testing League

• Thread starter Thread starter mantorras77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 536
  • Views Views 408K
Hello, it 's been said there is no difference between match engines of 14.2.1 and 14.2.2

Is that a different FULCRUM tactic u tested for 14.2.1? If it is not, how can it get 1.place in this test

Hello, it 's been said there is no difference between match engines of 14.2.1 and 14.2.2

Is that a different FULCRUM tactic u tested for 14.2.1? If it is not, how can it get 1.place in this test

It was made in 14.2.

So yes, it's made on the exact same match engine that is in 14.2.1 and 14.2.2.

The tactic tested is the same one that you can download from the table on my op which is the same tactic the author has listed on his op on his site. Tested under patch 14.2. Whats the confusion?

that fulcrum tactic take 60 points and fourth place when tested 14.2.1 patch

if it is same tactic, and be tested in same match engine i wonder how can it take 91 pts and first? I still confused

Good to see more tactics featured, thanks for the work.

One of the things that concerns me is the huge swing in points between the AI managers. For instance sometimes Benitez comes in 2nd with 74 points, other times 14th with 44 points. A 30 point potential swing shows a worrying level of randomness in the test.

I guess this goes to show that with equal skilled players in teams the luck of a good bounce, or the bad luck of a missed tackle etc can make a massive difference to the season. Especially as a couple of unlucky bad results then feedback's into the morale of players etc.

I would be interested in seeing the variance of running the same test tactic multiple times. Could a tactic that achieved 80 points also achieve down to 70 and up to 90? Or down to 60 and up to 100? If we had this information we could use it to judge the results more fairly.

Good to see more tactics featured, thanks for the work.

One of the things that concerns me is the huge swing in points between the AI managers. For instance sometimes Benitez comes in 2nd with 74 points, other times 14th with 44 points. A 30 point potential swing shows a worrying level of randomness in the test.

I guess this goes to show that with equal skilled players in teams the luck of a good bounce, or the bad luck of a missed tackle etc can make a massive difference to the season. Especially as a couple of unlucky bad results then feedback's into the morale of players etc.

I would be interested in seeing the variance of running the same test tactic multiple times. Could a tactic that achieved 80 points also achieve down to 70 and up to 90? Or down to 60 and up to 100? If we had this information we could use it to judge the results more fairly.

You are dead on bro! The randomness of this game is crazy!!! It almost makes these tests pointless!! Maybe its the ME or maybe it's FM14 in general.

Last edited:
that fulcrum tactic take 60 points and fourth place when tested 14.2.1 patch

if it is same tactic, and be tested in same match engine i wonder how can it take 91 pts and first? I still confused

Oh ok. Yea we're using a different database now than the last time we tested it. There is also a lot of randomness to this game.

Last edited:
The tactic tested is the same one that you can download from the table on my op which is the same tactic the author has listed on his op on his site. Tested under patch 14.2. Whats the confusion?

Some people don't realise that there is no difference in the ME between 14.2, 14.2.1 and 14.2.2.

i have found the new database for testing is...odd.. i tested a tactic with galatasaraay and liverpool, played 20 on each lost 2 games in those 40 matches, then played 20 matches with the same tactic on this database and lost 11 matches.. not quite a true reflection of actual game play, but this can be attributed to using worlds best 20 but not having the ideal players for a role with in a tactic, if that makes sense.

Some people don't realise that there is no difference in the ME between 14.2, 14.2.1 and 14.2.2.

His point is in the previous test FULCRUM sucked and in the 2nd test is was the best, They forgot to mention the testing database has been changed, You're the one who doesnt get what his question is.

Ah right I get it, sorry. Didn't really understand what he was trying to get at in the first place, so I guessed.

*edit* my mistake. nothing to see here move on.

Last edited:
His point is in the previous test FULCRUM sucked and in the 2nd test is was the best, They forgot to mention the testing database has been changed, You're the one who doesnt get what his question is.

Incorrect, pages ago we mentioned database was changed and that we would be retesting some of the successfull 14.2 tactics on the new database. :)

Back