Maradona coming to England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure he will flop, great motivator and all but at the end of the day, its ur tactical ability that counts

He did...

He started at Mandiyu de corrientes where he won only 1 of his 12 games in charge, drawing 6 and losing 5 at the same time.

He then went to top club racing again not lasting long. He manages 11 games with the argentinian giants winning 2, losing 6 and drawing 3.

God help whoever gets him

:$

What made the Argentinian FA offer him the National team job then?

He wont last long whoever he goes to......

A guy who manages to pick Gutierrez(sp) and Juan Sebastian Veron but leave Aguero on the bench and Cambiasso not even in the squad for the World Cup doesnt deserve to manage in the Premier league!!!

Hope he does come though for sheer comedy value :D

I'd imagine utter respect.

It must be a Argentine dream to meet and play under Maradona. Just assuming, but even for me I'm in total awe of him.

he doesn't have the tactical mind of mourinho or ferguson but he has an aura about him.
would be a great motivator.

Thats stupid tbh. Just cause he is Maradonna doesnt mean he will be able to Motivate players or Perform miracles, Look at his Argentina record. Awful, Great players not always great manager, Captain Marvel himself proved that.

Maradona would get abuse in every ground in England because of the hand of God incident. He even got booed when he turned up to Djokovic vs Nadal in the Masters last year and that was a tennis match. Certainly someone I would not like to see managing in English football.

corruption, our FA is like a mafia, and it all started to fall apart
because of this they hired Maradona, they needed a high profile coach who would attract all the atention of the press, so they don't keep digging on the FA.

about that time when he managed Mandiyu and Racing, it was when he was banned for 15 months after that positive doping in the 1994 WC, he was very unexperienced, and both Mandiyu and Racing were ****.

i don't think he'll do a good job at england tough, he is a crappy manager, and a very good motivator.

Would love to see him at a press conference again!!!! He is better than Mou in that aspect!!!! Whatever team picks him, be ready to pay some nice fines!!!!

I think he'd be a great coach or maybe assistant manager, but not as manager just yet. He did well with Argentina, but you only have to look at the quality of the players to see why. Just don't think he's ready just yet to be a manager in the Prem

Shut up mate, he did **** with Argentina, he don´t know a ***** about tactics, he did call some players for favouritism and not for his playing level, he did not call some excellent players that were playing amazing because he don´t like them or the team where they play/born, example Dalessandro, Conca, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Lisandro Lopez, Mauro Zarate, Cavenaghi, Banega, Coloccini, Nico Pareja, Gaby Milito, Lux, Zabaleta, Ansaldi, etc and he did call Higuain and Samuel 1 year later than the time he should call them .. any decent coach, with a brain, tactical knowledge, and no favouritism should had won the last world cup with Argentina, but that retarded fat did not.

Thats stupid tbh. Just cause he is Maradonna doesnt mean he will be able to Motivate players or Perform miracles, Look at his Argentina record. Awful, Great players not always great manager, Captain Marvel himself proved that.

He took a team that was in danger of not qualifying and under an incredible amount of pressure and they qualified; winning in Montevideo for the first time in years. He soundly beat 4 good teams (all of whom match up well against Argentina), and until the quarterfinal, they were looking like the best team in the tournament. At least they got farther than England, who had a "tactical genius" at the helm. The hand of God goal was over 20 years ago, get over it. He pretty much beat you guys singlehandedly and he's the best player to ever play the game.

I doubt he'll do well in England though, not his style of play at all, not to mention all the abuse he'll get from fans.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Shut up mate, he did **** with Argentina, he don´t know a ***** about tactics, he did call some players for favouritism and not for his playing level, he did not call some excellent players that were playing amazing because he don´t like them or the team where they play/born, example Dalessandro, Conca, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Lisandro Lopez, Mauro Zarate, Cavenaghi, Banega, Coloccini, Nico Pareja, Gaby Milito, Lux, Zabaleta, Ansaldi, etc and he did call Higuain and Samuel 1 year later than the time he should call them .. any decent coach, with a brain, tactical knowledge, and no favouritism should had won the last world cup with Argentina, but that retarded fat did not.

Obviamente un hincha muy amargo de River...

Its so easy to call up all those players, uh? Why are yoi not the manager then? Bear in mind you can take only 20 field players to the WC, and everyone has its different opinion. Personally, the main issue was at the back, then the midfield. Goalkeeping and Strkers were well covered. You cannot just go and pick 10 strikers.... Everybody complained when he picked up Palermo. Well, Palermo, basically put the team in the WC, and ironically scored against Greece, in what, 10 min left to play?

SOME of the other players you mention, are way past their prime. Zanetti, very good, but comon you need to think about changing generations. Still, he would have done better than Otamendi. Coloccini, no way. Cavenaghi? And take out who? Messi? Aguero? Higuain? Milito? You DREAMING. Gaby Milito had just returned from a LONG injury.

He took a team that was in danger of not qualifying and under an incredible amount of pressure and they qualified; winning in Montevideo for the first time in years. He soundly beat 4 good teams (all of whom match up well against Argentina), and until the quarterfinal, they were looking like the best team in the tournament. At least they got farther than England, who had a "tactical genius" at the helm. The hand of God goal was over 20 years ago, get over it. He pretty much beat you guys singlehandedly and he's the best player to ever play the game.

I doubt he'll do well in England though, not his style of play at all, not to mention all the abuse he'll get from fans.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Obviamente un hincha muy amargo de River...

Who the **** are you ? oO)

Its so easy to call up all those players, uh? Why are yoi not the manager then? Bear in mind you can take only 20 field players to the WC, and everyone has its different opinion. Personally, the main issue was at the back, then the midfield. Goalkeeping and Strkers were well covered. You cannot just go and pick 10 strikers.... Everybody complained when he picked up Palermo. Well, Palermo, basically put the team in the WC, and ironically scored against Greece, in what, 10 min left to play?

SOME of the other players you mention, are way past their prime. Zanetti, very good, but comon you need to think about changing generations. Still, he would have done better than Otamendi. Coloccini, no way. Cavenaghi? And take out who? Messi? Aguero? Higuain? Milito? You DREAMING. Gaby Milito had just returned from a LONG injury.

What about Cambiasso? That's what chocked me the most.

At least he should play they in friendlies to see how they perform.. or do you really think is fair not to call Dalessandro, Cambiasso or Gaby Milito and do call any ****, old, average, and brake player from Boca, for example Insua .. ?

If he call Palermo why not Zanetti ? .. Zanetti has a better form, he also play for the best team of the past year as a 1st team player..

Last edited:
Who the **** are you ? oO)

A normal football fan. Who the **** are you? Clearly a biased River fan who hates Maradona because he's for Boca. He's not a great manager by any means, but he's much better than you claim. Argentina was better under him than it was under Basile.

What about Cambiasso? That's what chocked me the most.

Yeah I disagreed with that decision as well, but he wanted Mascherano to play that role, it wasn't necessary to bring him.

At least he should play then in friendlies to see how they perform.. or do you really think is fair not to call Dalessandro, Cambiasso or Gaby Milito and do call any ****, old, average, and brake player from Boca, for example Insua .. ?

If he call Palermo why not Zanetti ? .. Zanetti has a better form, he also play for the best team of the past year as a 1st team player..

I agree with Cambiasso, he should have been called, but Veron was pretty good IMO . D'Alessandro? The lad is a thug, always getting in trouble because he thinks he is a star, so I'm glad he didn't call him :) As for Gabriel Milito, he was injured at the time, or was about to return from a 2 year injury, so , what's the point really ?

Aguero is Maradona's son-in-law , and he was in the bench ! Palermo had to be there, he was a the lad who gave Argentina the qualification, so I can understand !

A normal football fan. Who the **** are you? Clearly a biased River fan who hates Maradona because he's for Boca. He's not a great manager by any means, but he's much better than you claim. Argentina was better under him than it was under Basile.

Yeah I disagreed with that decision as well, but he wanted Mascherano to play that role, it wasn't necessary to bring him.

Basile is **** too, Bianchi, Ramon Diaz or Bielsa would had been the coach, im not talking from a fanatic River fan view but as an Argentinian one..

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

I agree with Cambiasso, he should have been called, but Veron was pretty good IMO . D'Alessandro? The lad is a thug, always getting in trouble because he thinks he is a star, so I'm glad he didn't call him :) As for Gabriel Milito, he was injured at the time, or was about to return from a 2 year injury, so , what's the point really ?

Aguero is Maradona's son-in-law , and he was in the bench ! Palermo had to be there, he was a the lad who gave Argentina the qualification, so I can understand !

Dalessandro is a star, he was America player of the year last year, and lead his team to win the Libertadores cup, the South American cup, and to the FIFA world club cup .. Milito injured is better than Otamendi and Demichelis at 100%

Cavenaghi, Lisandro Lopez, Mauro Zarate and Lavezzi are better than Palermo at 36 yrs, also i forgot about Saviola.. Palermo did make a good goal for as vs Peru, yes.. Higuain did do one in the same match too..

Status
Not open for further replies.