Maradona coming to England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would definitely say an outside observer would say this has more to do with taste than anything. The only controversial decisions were Cambiasso and Zanetti. Maradona wanted Mascherano to play the DM role, and both Cambiasso and Zanetti just played in two cups finals and were probably too tired. Argentina faced opponents that matched up very well against them (Greece with their defending, organization, and set pieces, Korea with their organization and fitness, and Nigeria with their physicality and speed), but they won their first 4 games with ease, which no one is expecting. Let's get back on topic: you claimed Maradona was a horrible manager, and the reality is that he really wasn't that bad.

I like the choice of Baptista though, although Sabella may have been a better choice. Maybe even Gareca?

mantpro, you are clearly a biased river fan. carrizo... really? d'alessandro, really? there is no way that either player should start

OK, first of all, there is no way D'alessandro should be in the starting XI and bench Aguero or Tevez, and I don't think Pastore is there quite yet, either. Second, you rate Coloccini way too highly. I would pick a Bayern defender over someone who was not even playing in the highest division. Third, Otamendi is rated as highly as any of Argentina's young defenders, and there's a reason who will probably get bought for a lot of money from a big team. Pareja? There are many better options than him. Doesn't he play in Russia? Carrizo couldn't hack it in Europe.

Pastore doesn't play on the wing, and as much as I like the idea of a Christmas tree formation, if you put Cambiasso and Banega, two CM's, on the outside of Mascherano, you're going to get killed as there's no width, especially since Messi/Pastore can't track back.

Romero
Zanetti (assuming he's not tired and just played in the two finals) Demichelis Samuel Papa
Mascherano
Veron Lucho
Messi Higuain Aguero/Tevez

And to be honest at the moment I'd put in Tuzzio ahead of Samuel at CB, he was a beast during the Copa Sudamericana.

Dalessandro must have been at the starting XI in the WC, yes, he is the best Enganche of the world if you don´t count Messi as one of them.. it doesn´t really maters in which team the player plays, what really matter is if the player is performing well, Coloccini was, Demichelis not.

Otamendi, is small, so young, and has no intelligence in the field.

Porto is not a world big team and Otamendi didn´t cost too much money just €4M, which is a very little amount of money for a good player, so you logic contradict itself.

Pareja, was one of the best players of Espanyol last season, if not the best.. tell me how that options are .. ?

Im not putting him in the wing, just a little bit to the side of the center.

3 WC DMS like Mascherano Mascherano, Cambiasso and Banega could perfectly cover the field, look at the match vs Spain if you don´t believe me.

Demichelis is **** ( and im from River )

Veron is old, traitor and ***.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Ansaldi can play as a right back and a left back . I have seen him play at Rubin Kazan as a right back many times . You are a biased River fan ..

Ansaldi is a left back end of it.

I'm not sure i can seriously take the opinion of someone who calls D'alessdandro the best enganche in the world after messi

mantpro, you are clearly a biased river fan. carrizo... really? d'alessandro, really? there is no way that either player should start

Did you see the Argentinian 2008 league ? i don´t think so, so don´t take part of that.

Did the ones who give Dalessandro the trophy of best player of America were River biased too ?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I'm not sure i can seriously take the opinion of someone who calls D'alessdandro the best enganche in the world after messi

Tell who is better.. Xavi is not an enganche.

Did you see the Argentinian 2008 league ? i don´t think so, so don´t take part of that.

Did the ones who give Dalessandro the trophy of best player of America were River biased too ?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Tell who is better.. Xavi is not an enganche.
yeah i did, i also know that 2008 was three years ago and thus has little relevance to today

Don't you mean Can't ?.. anyway, i can´t seriously take the opinion of someone who aparently see the Argentinian 2008 championship and are telling me that Carrizo is a joke

Last edited:
Don't you mean Can't ?.. anyway, i can´t seriously take the opinion of someone who aparently see the Argentinian 2008 championship and are telling me that Carrizo is a joke
mantpro i watched the games ive been watching argentina since the days of bielsa, so dont tell me what i have and havent seen. besides we are way off topic and since maradona to england is idle speculation im gonna end this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.