Maradona coming to England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basile is **** too, Bianchi, Ramon Diaz or Bielsa would had been the coach, im not talking from a fanatic River fan view but as an Argentinian one..

As great as Bielsa is he presided over their worst WC in history, wouldn't make sense hiring him again. Anyways, I doubt he would have left the project he had going in Chile. If I remember correctly, Bianchi didn't want to take the position. The players loved having Diego as a coach and wanted him back, and there was public outcry over the AFA's handling of the matter after the WC.

As great as Bielsa is he presided over their worst WC in history, wouldn't make sense hiring him again. Anyways, I doubt he would have left the project he had going in Chile. If I remember correctly, Bianchi didn't want to take the position. The players loved having Diego as a coach and wanted him back, and there was public outcry over the AFA's handling of the matter after the WC.

I look as if im care about what the players want ? .. that doesn´t matter .. we need to have that fat as a coach just why the players want him despite he´s a retarded and a junkie ?

Dalessandro is a star, he was America player of the year last year, and lead his team to win the Libertadores cup, the South American cup, and to the FIFA world club cup .. Milito injured is better than Otamendi and Demichelis at 100%

Cavenaghi, Lisandro Lopez, Mauro Zarate and Lavezzi are better than Palermo at 36 yrs, also i forgot about Saviola.. Palermo did make a good goal for as vs Peru, yes.. Higuain did do one in the same match too..

No way you can make that argument about Milito, it had been way too long since he played last, not to mention Barca wants to get rid of him. As for the others you listed Argentina needed a target forward, not someone like Zarate. I don't like Palermo but he comes through in the clutch and provided much needed experience. It's not like he was a starter though, he just played in the Greece game.

Dalessandro is great and where would you have played him? Would you use him as an enganche? And bench Messi, Aguero, Tevez, or Higuain? No way.

Last edited:
Dalessandro is a star, he was America player of the year last year, and lead his team to win the Libertadores cup, the South American cup, and to the FIFA world club cup .. Milito injured is better than Otamendi and Demichelis at 100%

Cavenaghi, Lisandro Lopez, Mauro Zarate and Lavezzi are better than Palermo at 36 yrs, also i forgot about Saviola.. Palermo did make a good goal for as vs Peru, yes.. Higuain did do one in the same match too..[/QUOTE]

No No No, Andrès D'Alessandro is not a star , he is a good player, not a star, but he thinks he is, a very big problem ..

Palermo > Cavenaghi . Agree with Lisandro Lopez, Mauro Zarate and Ezequiel Lavezzi, but Palermo es un matador chico! . Saviola ? Who is he ? washed up striker to say the least, Palermo would still be able to teach him some good stuff on how to score some goals :) Milito injured is nothing, and in my honest opinion Otamendi will be much better than him, as for Martin Demichelis, he may be slow, but he is a very good defender !

I look as if im care about what the players want ? .. that doesn´t matter .. we need to have that fat as a coach just why the players want him despite he´s a retarded and a junkie ?

So the players don't want to win? There's a reason they want him there, he's one figure that they can all respect. Put in any other coach and there will always be problems with players not getting along with him or not giving 100%. It's not like that with Diego (with the exception of Riquelme, he should never play for the Albiceleste again). They brought Diego in because a motivator was needed, someone who could unite the players through a difficult time. And he did his job. He is not nearly as bad as you say.

What about Cambiasso? That's what chocked me the most.

In that position, he chose other players. He needed Mascherano and another player that could play the role of Xavi in Barcelona. So he chose Veron who was very good at Estudiantes and decent in the National Team. I dont say it wasnt a Mistake, which clearly it was, but its easy to say after the WC has finished.

I think everyone agrees, that Argentina had no link between defence and attack, and their midfield was clearly overwhelmed most of the time. Nevertheless, Argentina´s attacking players were an inmense danger to ANY team.

Yeah this guy is obviously a biased River fan if he wants to bring in Saviola as a target forward.

At least he should play then in friendlies to see how they perform.. or do you really think is fair not to call Dalessandro, Cambiasso or Gaby Milito and do call any ****, old, average, and brake player from Boca, for example Insua .. ?

If he call Palermo why not Zanetti ? .. Zanetti has a better form, he also play for the best team of the past year as a 1st team player..

They are different players. Maradona thought of Palermo as a player that can jump into a game with 10 min to go, (loosing by 1, or a tie) and make a Miracle again. He believed in him.

With Zanetti, he was clearly disappointed after few games and didnt call him anymore. Zanetti is the best right back Argentina had in 2 decades, and will be much missed. Having said this, Batista needs to find urgently a decent replacement not only for him but also on the left back.

No way you can make that argument about Milito, it had been way too long since he played last, not to mention Barca wants to get rid of him. As for the others you listed Argentina needed a target forward, not someone like Zarate. I don't like Palermo but he comes through in the clutch and provided much needed experience. It's not like he was a starter though, he just played in the Greece game.

Dalessandro is great and where would you have played him? Would you use him as an enganche? And bench Messi, Aguero, Tevez, or Higuain? No way.

Well, if not Milito, Pareja and Coloccini are better than Otamendi and Demichelis.. Higuain is the best lone striker of the world, Argentina don´t need a target striker, just someone to play near Messi, like Pastore, Dalessandro or Conca for example.

No, if i were the manager i would play that formation

------------------------------Carrizo------------------------------
Zabaleta-------Samuel-----------Pareja............Ansaldi

................Cambiasso-------Mascherano---------------
---Messi--------------Dalessandro-----------------Di Maria
----------------------------Higuain---------------------------------

Or that one:

----------Messi-------Dalessandro-----Pastore----------
-----------------------------Higuain---------------------------------

Or that another one:

......Cambiasso----Mascherano------Banega--------------
----------Messi----------------------------Pastore/Dalessandro

Last edited:
In that position, he chose other players. He needed Mascherano and another player that could play the role of Xavi in Barcelona. So he chose Veron who was very good at Estudiantes and decent in the National Team. I dont say it wasnt a Mistake, which clearly it was, but its easy to say after the WC has finished.

I think everyone agrees, that Argentina had no link between defence and attack, and their midfield was clearly overwhelmed most of the time. Nevertheless, Argentina´s attacking players were an inmense danger to ANY team.

Veron made much more sense than Cambiasso (I would have made that choice as well). Cambiasso is a defensive midfielder, just like Mascherano. It made more sense to bring in a distributing CM that moves forward well...like Lucho or Veron. Plus, Veron is a legend. Consistent and has the leadership and experience that the team needed, and a true professional. I don't like Estudiantes but I think Veron should have been in the squad.

They are different players. Maradona thought of Palermo as a player that can jump into a game with 10 min to go, (loosing by 1, or a tie) and make a Miracle again. He believed in him.

With Zanetti, he was clearly disappointed after few games and didnt call him anymore. Zanetti is the best right back Argentina had in 2 decades, and will be much missed. Having said this, Batista needs to find urgently a decent replacement not only for him but also on the left back.

If Maradona weren´t so retarded and useless, we never would need a miracle against Peru..

We had replacements for Zanetti and for the left side, such as Zabaleta for the right and Ansaldi or Pinola for the left.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Veron made much more sense than Cambiasso (I would have made that choice as well). Cambiasso is a defensive midfielder, just like Mascherano. It made more sense to bring in a distributing CM that moves forward well...like Lucho or Veron. Plus, Veron is a legend. Consistent and has the leadership and experience that the team needed, and a true professional. I don't like Estudiantes but I think Veron should have been in the squad.

No, it don´t .. Veron is a bold ****, a **** and cheater human be, a player who betrayed us in 2002 against England because he was playing there.. a old bold, Dalessandro, Pastore and Conca are much better playmakers than him, Buonanotte before the accident too.

Basile is **** too, Bianchi, Ramon Diaz or Bielsa would had been the coach, im not talking from a fanatic River fan view but as an Argentinian one..

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Cavenaghi, Lisandro Lopez, Mauro Zarate and Lavezzi are better than Palermo at 36 yrs, also i forgot about Saviola.. Palermo did make a good goal for as vs Peru, yes.. Higuain did do one in the same match too..

Basile is not ****, he is old. Thats it. Let the new generation pass through. Sabella, Simeone, etc. About Ramon Diaz, I am bit skeptic. And Bielsa is an exceptional coach, but I dont think fans will ever forgive for the early 2002 WC exit.

D Alessandro is a great player but has sometimes attitude problems which affects his play on the pitch. Its a risk, will Batista take it? Lets see. So far he has been called up. What Batista tries to do, is surround Messi with great technical players and see how ha can play them together in a system similar to Barcelona. So far, Pastore is one of them, as well as Higuain.

Otamendi had limited international exposure and he paid dearly for it. Demichelis is not that bad. Taking a player like Milito (who is a beast) after 1.5 years injured, and only playing a handful of games its a huge RISK. Lisandro Lopez, Saviola, etc... Sure great players, but WHO DO YOU TAKE OUT? Tevez? Aguero ? Messi? Di Maria?

Going back ON TOPIC, I think Rovers will offer him something. Besides he needs the cash. And if he is given some resources, he might turn things around. I remember prior to WC, lots of Argies were skeptic about him, and forecasted an first round exit with THAT GROUP. After 4 games, and 4 wins, people started to think, maybe he has that magic touch. Tactically he is a nutcase, motivation and man management? Well not too bad, could be worse.

More important, Stadiums will be PACKED with his presence!!!! Entertainment guaranteed!!! Do you imagine him doing a BELLY JUMP in Old Trafford? EPIC

Well, if not Milito, Pareja and Coloccini are better than Otamendi and Demichelis.. Higuain is the best lone striker of the world, Argentina don´t need a target striker, just someone to play near Messi, like Pastore, Dalessandro or Conca for example.

Or that one:

Or that another one:

Carrizo as the GK ? Romero is way better . Zabaleta, Pareja, D'Alessandro out !

GK - Romero
LB - Gabriel Heinze
CB - Walter Samuel
CB - Nicolas Otamendi/Coloccini/Martin Demichelis
RB - Javier Zanetti/ Christian Ansaldi
DMC - Javier Mascherano
DMC - Ever Banega/Juan Sebastian Veron/Cambiasso
AML - Angel Di Maria
AMC - Carlos Tevez/Javier Pastore/Juan Roman Riquelme
AMR - Messi
ST - Diego Milito/ Kun Aguero / Ezequiel Lavezzi

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Basile is not ****, he is old. Thats it. Let the new generation pass through. Sabella, Simeone, etc. About Ramon Diaz, I am bit skeptic. And Bielsa is an exceptional coach, but I dont think fans will ever forgive for the early 2002 WC exit.

D Alessandro is a great player but has sometimes attitude problems which affects his play on the pitch. Its a risk, will Batista take it? Lets see. So far he has been called up. What Batista tries to do, is surround Messi with great technical players and see how ha can play them together in a system similar to Barcelona. So far, Pastore is one of them, as well as Higuain.

Otamendi had limited international exposure and he paid dearly for it. Demichelis is not that bad. Taking a player like Milito (who is a beast) after 1.5 years injured, and only playing a handful of games its a huge RISK. Lisandro Lopez, Saviola, etc... Sure great players, but WHO DO YOU TAKE OUT? Tevez? Aguero ? Messi? Di Maria?

Going back ON TOPIC, I think Rovers will offer him something. Besides he needs the cash. And if he is given some resources, he might turn things around. I remember prior to WC, lots of Argies were skeptic about him, and forecasted an first round exit with THAT GROUP. After 4 games, and 4 wins, people started to think, maybe he has that magic touch. Tactically he is a nutcase, motivation and man management? Well not too bad, could be worse.

More important, Stadiums will be PACKED with his presence!!!! Entertainment guaranteed!!! Do you imagine him doing a BELLY JUMP in Old Trafford? EPIC

It's Maradona, the greatest player of all time, what motivation do you need ?

Mantpro, you are River Biassed. Carrizo GOALKEEPING? He is the biggest LIE ever!!!! In Lazio he failed after very poor goaltending. Then went to Zaragoza, which was even worse. And now back to River, not the best team right now, and has sometimes good games and sometimes not so good. I think there at least 4-5 better goaltenders from Argentina at the current time. Hey, I would bring Brugos back from retirement instead of him.

Seriously Carrizo? Com on, you can do better than that. About the rest of the players you mention, its about taste.

Mantpro, you are River Biassed. Carrizo GOALKEEPING? He is the biggest LIE ever!!!! In Lazio he failed after very poor goaltending. Then went to Zaragoza, which was even worse. And now back to River, not the best team right now, and has sometimes good games and sometimes not so good. I think there at least 4-5 better goaltenders from Argentina at the current time. Hey, I would bring Brugos back from retirement instead of him.

Seriously Carrizo? Com on, you can do better than that. About the rest of the players you mention, its about taste.

Abbondanzieri :)

Baile is **** compared with Bianchi or Ramon, Dalessandro is a player with personality just like Mascherano, that is what Argentina needs, not a bunch of girls or traitors.

I would put Carrizo for Andujar, Pareja for Demichelis, Fazio for Burdisso, Milito for Garce, Coloccini for Otamendi, Zanetti for C.Rodriguez, Ansaldi for Heinze, Banega for Bolatti, Dalessandro for Veron, Conca for Jonas, Saviola for Maxi, and Cavenaghi for Palermo/Milito.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Carrizo as the GK ? Romero is way better . Zabaleta, Pareja, D'Alessandro out !

GK - Romero
LB - Gabriel Heinze
CB - Walter Samuel
CB - Nicolas Otamendi/Coloccini/Martin Demichelis
RB - Javier Zanetti/ Christian Ansaldi
DMC - Javier Mascherano
DMC - Ever Banega/Juan Sebastian Veron/Cambiasso
AML - Angel Di Maria
AMC - Carlos Tevez/Javier Pastore/Juan Roman Riquelme
AMR - Messi
ST - Diego Milito/ Kun Aguero / Ezequiel Lavezzi

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

It's Maradona, the greatest player of all time, what motivation do you need ?

You did want to make an argue and you don´t even know where Ansaldi plays ?

Or that one:

Or that another one:

OK, first of all, there is no way D'alessandro should be in the starting XI and bench Aguero or Tevez, and I don't think Pastore is there quite yet, either. Second, you rate Coloccini way too highly. I would pick a Bayern defender over someone who was not even playing in the highest division. Third, Otamendi is rated as highly as any of Argentina's young defenders, and there's a reason who will probably get bought for a lot of money from a big team. Pareja? There are many better options than him. Doesn't he play in Russia? Carrizo couldn't hack it in Europe.

Pastore doesn't play on the wing, and as much as I like the idea of a Christmas tree formation, if you put Cambiasso and Banega, two CM's, on the outside of Mascherano, you're going to get killed as there's no width, especially since Messi/Pastore can't track back.

Romero
Zanetti (assuming he's not tired and just played in the two finals) Demichelis Samuel Papa
Mascherano
Veron Lucho
Messi Higuain Aguero/Tevez

And to be honest at the moment I'd put in Tuzzio ahead of Samuel at CB, he was a beast during the Copa Sudamericana.

No, im not being it right now in this topic, Carrizo is at the same level or over Romero, look at Romero mistakes in the national team.. I would rather put Lux or Adbondanzzieri too.. he was vital at our 2008 tittle, and he is being it now

No, it´s not about taste, is about common sense.

PD: Palermo was not even at continental level.

Baile is **** compared with Bianchi or Ramon, Dalessandro is a player with personality just like Mascherano, that is what Argentina needs, not a bunch of girls or traitors.

I would put Carrizo for Andujar, Pareja for Demichelis, Fazio for Burdisso, Milito for Garce, Coloccini for Otamendi, Zanetti for C.Rodriguez, Ansaldi for Heinze, Banega for Bolatti, Dalessandro for Veron, Conca for Jonas, Saviola for Maxi, and Cavenaghi for Palermo/Milito.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

You did want to make an argue and you don´t even know where Ansaldi plays ?

Ansaldi can play as a right back and a left back . I have seen him play at Rubin Kazan as a right back many times . You are a biased River fan ..

He's for than likely going to go to West Ham, Fulham and Blackburn have picked up in form a bit recently, and Hughes & Kean will more than likely keep their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.