Mario Balotelli "trick shot" failure.

You missed the point but it's ok since it was a joke.

:) I know what you meant I was only joking.

I imagine people should be rather cautious about chants like that, although not racist, could be perceived as racism, and land the club, and it's fans, in hot water.

Although I personally don't see the problem with 'A Black Italian Gazzer', could be quite catchy! :)

Just black italian Gazzzaaa..

Although since a person had their season ticket taken off them for saying "Saha you lazy french ****" I think they would punish this song also.
i think a liverpool fan got his ST taken off him for shouting 'yanks out' as it was viewed as racist! ^^)

So every time a player tries a piece of skill in a friendly which doesn't come off, the club is automatically a joke?

‪C. Ronaldo's Worst Trick‬‏ - YouTube

Does this make United a joke?
Completely different situation.

C.Ronaldo was in the middle of the pitch trying to beat a player.

Balotelli was completely through on goal and does some stupid trick in an attempt to show off and fails hard at it.
Friendly or not it's a little disrespectful to the other team, it probably wouldn't be such an issue to people if he wasn't so far up his own **** though.

It's a friendly, they are one nil up, what's the big deal?

How can this get so much attention? Because it's Balotelli?

It's a friendly and the result isn't the important thing. It's to build fitness and have fun. If you do that kind of trick once in the game i dont see the big deal.

Indeed, a dying bread. Need more entertainers, less robots.He's like a black, Italian Gazza!
Thing is he doesn't know that he is an entertainer, he just hates everyone and we laugh

It's a friendly and the result isn't the important thing. It's to build fitness and have fun. If you do that kind of trick once in the game i dont see the big deal.

Also to test new tactics and prepare for the season to come... it's not just for fun, it's serious preperation.

If an Everton player tried this I would clap him for attempting something so extraordinary, simple as that.

You kidding? Mancini and half the side were utterly furious. He was immediately hauled off for Milner

It's a friendly, they are one nil up, what's the big deal?

Yeah he shouldn't have had a hissy-fit, but still it's just a friendly - nothing wrong with trying something different.

i'm often told when playing a friendly to treat it like a 'proper game' so maybe, mankini wasn't happy because he wanted them to treat it like a competitive fixture.

Last edited:
Well, I would rather someone tried this kind of thing in a friendly, rather than in an actual game.

I mean, if you can't even try and inject some fun/entertainment in a friendly, when the **** can you? christ.

Completely different situation.

C.Ronaldo was in the middle of the pitch trying to beat a player.

Balotelli was completely through on goal and does some stupid trick in an attempt to show off and fails hard at it.
Friendly or not it's a little disrespectful to the other team, it probably wouldn't be such an issue to people if he wasn't so far up his own **** though.

Fair point, but you can beat a man doing half the skills Ronaldo does, a lot of it showing off. Don't get me wrong, it's not a criticism of him, I think it's something to be encouraged. Which brings me back to my original point of Balotelli, although failing, is not at fault for trying to add a bit of flair to the game, it's things like that which make football great and interesting. Eg Jay-Jay Okocha

To be fair if he pulled that off we would all be amazed. Got to respect the size of Mario's pair regardless. Wish mine were half his size, ridiculous audacity. Not exactly criminal to disrespect MLS teams either, United 'disrespected' it more when they walked over a team 7-1. The guys a clown but he does have talent, still would rather live with him over Diouf...