Mario Balotelli "trick shot" failure.

To be fair I think the embaressment of doing that in front of millions of people is punishment enough, I feel like a **** when I try something like and it fails in front of my mates, he must have **** himself..
I just think, when he's out to prove he is maturing, doing that is just a little retarded

I don't mean that just because he is a city player you are hating on him I just mean if your player tried this you would probably congratulate him for trying something so ridiculous, well I know I would.

I could almost understand it if it was going to awesome, but it wouldnt have been all that great (imo), and the cons of missing vastly outweighed the pros of pulling it off. And given the season he's had, last thing he should really be doing

I could almost understand it if it was going to awesome, but it wouldnt have been all that great (imo), and the cons of missing vastly outweighed the pros of pulling it off. And given the season he's had, last thing he should really be doing

I agree with you but I still respect the fact he is a great character for football.

As he came off he made a hand gesture as though he had heard a whistle, maybe that's why he did it, because the ref had blown for something (or Balotelli thought the ref had blown for something)?

I just think, when he's out to prove he is maturing, doing that is just a little retarded

He is only 20 don't forget. Part of his game is flair and creativity, doing things other players dare not to.

They knew what they bought, he is the kind of player that will try things like this, and at the end of the day trying to remove that from his game would be silly, but trying to focus him on only doing tricks at the right time would be better.

I mean, when Ronaldo came to United, all he did was stepovers.. it took him a while to develop his game, and look where he is now.

I agree with you but I still respect the fact he is a great character for football.

Well he always give us something to talk about! But while i love flamboyant players, i'd want it to be in a good way. As Mancini said, hopefully it will be a little lesson for him.

He is only 20 don't forget. Part of his game is flair and creativity, doing things other players dare not to.

They knew what they bought, he is the kind of player that will try things like this, and at the end of the day trying to remove that from his game would be silly, but trying to focus him on only doing tricks at the right time would be better.

I mean, when Ronaldo came to United, all he did was stepovers.. it took him a while to develop his game, and look where he is now.

Not asking for him to remove it from his game, but learn the time and place. And even though he plays for City, I'd like to see him succeed, flair imo is what makes the game great.

Disagree that Balotelli himself is a great character, most people are agreed he is a bit of a ******, but the action itself, IMO, was totally acceptable. I notice no one was criticising Benayoun's goal recently? Both were perfectly good attempts to add a bit of flair to liven up the game. When talking about great character's of football Jimmy Bullard comes to mind, not Balotelli :)

Yeah I am watching the entire game now and I just seen that, should be interesting what happens in the upcoming days.

Bullard is my hero haha. saving kids from bullies comes close though XD

Thing is, players have to be wary about trying this sort of thing. Fergie, Mancini (maybe Moyes-not sure) wouldn't stand for it, as they're very professional in their attitudes about when and where you can try stunts like that. More relaxed managers like Ancelotti for example, may praise them for trying something flamboyant. Players just have to be careful.

8 pages of discussion on Mario Balotelli ******* up a trick? ****** ****...

There is another video where exactly at 11 sec mark there wasw a whistle sound. Maybe he thought he was offside and did a trick. But what he did after being subbed off cannot be excused.

He's saying that he thought he was offside and he was trying to wind up the fans after they reacted a certain way to Micah Richards earlier in the game.

Personally, I don't think that the trick in a friendly is the bad thing here. It's his reaction and total lack of respect to Mancini which is the problem. But that's just my opinion.

(I didn't read through the entire thread so I don't know if any of that has already been said).

Not asking for him to remove it from his game, but learn the time and place. And even though he plays for City, I'd like to see him succeed, flair imo is what makes the game great.

Friendly, against a team that isn't too amazing. Not too bad of a time and place really, better than a Prem game etc.

I love Balotelli, he is generally ******* mental :)

What a massive ****. Fair enough it's a Friendly, but it just typifies him. MAssive waste of money and talent,

What a massive ****. Fair enough it's a Friendly, but it just typifies him. MAssive waste of money and talent,

Really not a waste of money or talent. He's only 20 years old. He'll mature eventually and will be an exceptional player. He just needs to find a manager who can control him. Mourinho couldn't do it, and doesn't look like Mancini can either.

Really not a waste of money or talent. He's only 20 years old. He'll mature eventually and will be an exceptional player. He just needs to find a manager who can control him. Mourinho couldn't do it, and doesn't look like Mancini can either.

Tbh i thought he was showing signs of maturity toward the end of last season, was showing what he's capable of doing on the pitch. Starting to think that maybe this should have been done behind closed doors though to avoid the press glare

Tbh i thought he was showing signs of maturity toward the end of last season, was showing what he's capable of doing on the pitch. Starting to think that maybe this should have been done behind closed doors though to avoid the press glare

This, but as soon as the new season starts, he goes back to his antics. £25m for a baby who's constantly having arguments with club staff and doing stupid things instead of working hard on the training ground? No thanks.

He was brilliant in the FA Cup Semi vs Utd, but if he's only going to show his quality once a month, where's the value in paying him £100,000+/week?

He won't fulfil his potential if he doesn't grow up, and fast.

This, but as soon as the new season starts, he goes back to his antics. £25m for a baby who's constantly having arguments with club staff and doing stupid things instead of working hard on the training ground? No thanks.

He was brilliant in the FA Cup Semi vs Utd, but if he's only going to show his quality once a month, where's the value in paying him £100,000+/week?

He won't fulfil his potential if he doesn't grow up, and fast.

Big problem is yet to be seen. Him wanting to move to Milan to play with Zlatan. Maybe next summer we will see this..