Mario Balotelli "trick shot" failure.

You kidding? Mancini and half the side were utterly furious. He was immediately hauled off for Milner

Yeah, i know. I think it was pretty much because the Galaxy players + even Dzeko etc...got furious at him. And the crowd reacted aswell.

So Mancini had to act. But yeah...it seems like everything in friendlies are taken seriously.

Fair point, but you can beat a man doing half the skills Ronaldo does, a lot of it showing off. Don't get me wrong, it's not a criticism of him, I think it's something to be encouraged. Which brings me back to my original point of Balotelli, although failing, is not at fault for trying to add a bit of flair to the game, it's things like that which make football great and interesting. Eg Jay-Jay Okocha

Exactly, like when Jay Jay tried that flick over his head but it went out for a goal kick. He should have just CROSSED IT (6)

I admit, I'm like Mancini in FM (bit OT I know but....). If during a friendly, I see any player with the words "disinterested" or "complacent" in the ratings thing, I pretty much tell them to buck their ideas up. If in the 2nd half after 5 mins there's no change, their off. Players are paid a salary for their job, and if the manager expects a performance, they're supposed to give one. It may be a friendly, but if they're doing things they wouldn't normally do in a regular match and are just trying to showboat, and another player is given a chance in their position, and does a whole lot better without showboating, you can be dam sure that other player would be given the first teamers place. And no I'm not Balo bashing, as I've said during last season he was showing signs of maturity and doing what he does best. I'd do the same to any player, regardless.

Couldn't care less about this embarrassing attempt, just laughing at the fact that he completely missed it.

Well, I would rather someone tried this kind of thing in a friendly, rather than in an actual game.

I mean, if you can't even try and inject some fun/entertainment in a friendly, when the **** can you? christ.

In practise maybe. Or in the lawn at home. You don't have to make some fancy trick to get attention (or "have fun").

Last edited:
In another universe he did and everybody made sigs of him, alas this one is for another thread could "Footballing Universes".... lol

You know what I mean so it's ok.

The attempt wasn't even spectacular, so if it did go in people would probably just be like 'Why didn't he just shoot normally?'.

I would anyway, if that went in it wouldn't even slightly be impressive.

The attempt wasn't even spectacular, so if it did go in people would probably just be like 'Why didn't he just shoot normally?'.

I would anyway, if that went in it wouldn't even slightly be impressive.

I guess we just differ then.

Yeah, i know. I think it was pretty much because the Galaxy players + even Dzeko etc...got furious at him. And the crowd reacted aswell.

So Mancini had to act. But yeah...it seems like everything in friendlies are taken seriously.

He wanted the game to be taken competitively. And it was needless, rubbish and a bit disrespectful. Mancini's reaction was immediate, he literally had Milner warming up straight away. And gave him a verbal blasting. Wouldnt have even been spectacular if it had gone in

He wanted the game to be taken competitively. And it was needless, rubbish and a bit disrespectful. Mancini's reaction was immediate, he literally had Milner warming up straight away. And gave him a verbal blasting. Wouldnt have even been spectacular if it had gone in

If Nani or Berbatov did it (and it went in) would you have been saying the same?

I may pick faults with Mancini at times, but to me he's got this pretty much bang on. Have a feeling Fergie wouldn't be happy either if one of his players tried showing off?

the skill wasn't even spectacualar, you can find kids of about 7 years old with better skills than that. i wouldnn't mind if he attempted something more flomboyant but it was a very simple trick

In practise maybe. Or in the lawn at home. You don't have to make some fancy trick to get attention (or "have fun").

No, you don't have to, but it takes balls to do it, and when it comes off, it look's good and will get the crowd going.

The day no footballers ever do any tricks, is the day I stop watching.

I may pick faults with Mancini at times, but to me he's got this pretty much bang on. Have a feeling Fergie wouldn't be happy either if one of his players tried showing off?
well he told ronaldo to pipe down with the skills. a player probably wouldn't attempt it with fergie as manager. the hair dryer would come out

If Nani or Berbatov did it (and it went in) would you have been saying the same?

What's this got do with either of them? and yes, because funnily enough im not slating it becuase hes a city player, but because at the time it was needless, and wasnt even spectacular, as a few people have already said on here

well he told ronaldo to pipe down with the skills. a player probably wouldn't attempt it with fergie as manager. the hair dryer would come out

Just the thought of getting SAF's infamous hair dryer treatment would be enough to put the fear of god into some players i suspect lol

To be fair I think the embaressment of doing that in front of millions of people is punishment enough, I feel like a **** when I try something like and it fails in front of my mates, he must have **** himself..

Don't see why people are being all crazy about this.. He's young, he will try stupid things, he will learn and get over it. No need to start mouthing about how disrespectful it was, jeez.

What's this got do with either of them? and yes, because funnily enough im not slating it becuase hes a city player, but because at the time it was needless, and wasnt even spectacular, as a few people have already said on here

I don't mean that just because he is a city player you are hating on him I just mean if your player tried this you would probably congratulate him for trying something so ridiculous, well I know I would.