Marlon King Released From Prison

No, he's served 9 months, he still has 9 months on license, 3 months on a tag and 2 years of probation

So he has served his Jail Sentence, As i said before it is not un heard of for people not to serve the full time. He has clearly shown signs of improvement and good behaviour to be given an early release.

Plenty of offenders come back to society and CANNOT get a job, (including ME) not because 'of rules' but because people are bias, why should he be any different? Then you have the fact that most jobs involving children have to be Criminal Record checked, even if your crime didn't involve children, violence or sexual offences. His crime fits 2 of these criteria! My crime fits none of the criteria and it stopped me working in a football stadium.

So becuase you or other offenders couldnt get a job, King shouldnt also. A bit Bitter really. There is a bias attidude in this country, Illustrated in this thread. He can also not work with children. But he has a talent a trade, in football which he is skilled in. It is no different to if you where a skilled and talented brick layer, You can get a job in brick laying, The fact he is a skilled footballer, doesnt mean he should not be allowed to work his trade.

What exactly are you trying to say here? That Olympic rules are more serious than British Law, or that Chambers got off lightly?

King broke the law, and has done his time. Why should football punish him. It is similar to chambers, as he broke an olmpic rule, He didnt get punished by another organisation. He played American Football during his 2 year ban. So the organisation that is this countrys government has punished King through the court, so why should another organisation in football punish him aswell.

King broke the law, and has done his time. Why should football punish him. It is similar to chambers, as he broke an olmpic rule, He didnt get punished by another organisation. He played American Football during his 2 year ban. So the organisation that is this countrys government has punished King through the court, so why should another organisation in football punish him aswell.
You are completely missing waht I said HE HASNT SERVED HIS TIME!!!!!!! If he drops litter, he goes back to jail for 9 months, his sentence was/is and always will be 18 months - as for he can't work with children, what are those little people that footballers hold hands with, or the cheerleaders at half time or the YOUTH team he'll train with, or the thousands in the crowd.....THINK

You are completely missing waht I said HE HASNT SERVED HIS TIME!!!!!!! If he drops litter, he goes back to jail for 9 months, his sentence was/is and always will be 18 months - as for he can't work with children, what are those little people that footballers hold hands with, or the cheerleaders at half time or the YOUTH team he'll train with, or the thousands in the crowd.....THINK

You are completely missing the law. It is not un heard of for anyone to get an early release from a jail term. Just because he is a footballer he is being picked.

I have a friend who dad was killed by a drunk driver. The man got 8 years in jail, for death by dangerous driving. He served 5 years of the term. It is the law, people dont serve full sentences if they behave well.

Who is to say, he will be training with the Youth team? The crowd, comes to watch him play, he isnt working with them. If a *** offender gets a job on a building site, and children sit and watch him. Does that mean he can no longer work, because some kids and sitting on a wall watching him laying bricks or leveling out the ground?

You are completely missing the law. It is not un heard of for anyone to get an early release from a jail term. Just because he is a footballer he is being picked.
Mate don't try mugging me off, I know its normal to get out of jail before your sentence is spent, BUT THE SENTENCE IS STILL THERE!!!!

I got sentenced to 3.5 years, i served 21 months in jail, 3 months on tag, 4 years probation (if you get 3 years or less you serve half your sentence in jail, the other half in society) if you get more than 3 years you serve two thirds in jail, the final third out here. In extreme cases (serial killers, rapists and child abusers) it is possible to serve your entire sentence in jail, but thats rare, as the jails are full at all times and the Government can't afford to fund the Home Office to build more.

Mate don't try mugging me off, I know its normal to get out of jail before your sentence is spent, BUT THE SENTENCE IS STILL THERE!!!!

I got sentenced to 3.5 years, i served 21 months in jail, 3 months on tag, 4 years probation (if you get 3 years or less you serve half your sentence in jail, the other half in society) if you get more than 3 years you serve two thirds in jail, the final third out here. In extreme cases (serial killers, rapists and child abusers) it is possible to serve your entire sentence in jail, but thats rare, as the jails are full at all times and the Government can't afford to fund the Home Office to build more.

So why is everyone complaining, You are allowed to work during your time on tag and probation in any other form of life, just becuase he is a talented footballer who can get a job easily, doesnt mean you should stop him from working

This is bullshit,he has to serve all his time,useless piece of junk who beates up girls

This is bullshit,he has to serve all his time,useless piece of junk who beates up girls

He has served 9 months in jail, as explained he is still serving his sentence, just not in a jail term. This was always expected.

As much as I hate him and that he is a filthy ****, he should be given another chance. He has served his time and will have to pay for what he has done. Just because he is a footballer doesn't mean he should be treated different. If he is good enough to play football than let him.

And on Scott's point, if the British courts have decided he has served his punishment why should the Fa take further action? He did his time and that is it done.

The majority of the time, people don't serve all the sentence anyway - I watched a program on ITV last night about some joyrider crashing into a car and giving a baby a permanent disability. He served 5 months out of 21 so it is common. I personally don't care what he does. Let him live his life now,, if he is a success then sobeit.

Last edited:
Blackpool should snap him up straight away as he could do a decent job for them and will be desperate to sign and willing to work hard. Look at him lie as he tries to defend his name here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-10890109

Blackpool should sign anyone who can play football half decently, they are very, very, very poor and if they finish with any more than 10 points then they should consider the season a sucsess.