Marseille Vs. Manchester United 23rd

What will the result be in the first Leg on the 23rd?

• Marseille

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scholes for Carrick please. The game is playing into our hands so far, I wouldn't be too disheartened with taking a 0-0 to OT. Marseille haven't really looked threatening so far, and it's only a matter of time before Nani creates a clear cut chance, Heinze is really struggling against him.

Bring carrick on for scholes at half time!

You mean off :p

and I think Rooney should play just behind Berba even if we need to put fletcher on the right and nani too the left. But rooney should play just behind berba IMO

Rooney plays too slow, he need to step up!
Carrick is good in the air, but passing is awefull.
Nani is good, tho little selfish.
Vidic and Smalling are looking good.
Carrick out, Scholes in, and swap Gibson and Scholes.

Bring carrick on for scholes at half time!

Impossible. ;)

Whats the deal with Carrick? Before he went to Man Utd he looked a top notch player

Harsh mate. Carrick was top class for us from 2006-07 to 2008-09. 3 season he was excellent. Last season he was well below average and this season he is ok. Had few good games and very few poor ones.

Not this game is crying for Scholesy. Our passing has been very poor and Gibson has been the best among the poor lot.

Carrick really needs to step up and Rooney as left winger is just waste. He has few good games as left winger but only few.

Again impressed with Smalling. Lad looks quality and so composed in the defense.
Roony has been holding station, im suprised he hasnt playes as an inside forward, i assume SAF wants him to hold wide. carrick has been dire, his place is under threat permanently come the summer window. bring on scholes, let rooney off the leash

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Whats the deal with Carrick? Before he went to Man Utd he looked a top notch player
he had a brilliant first season and a half then nose dived. Rodwell please

Impossible. ;)

Harsh mate. Carrick was top class for us from 2006-07 to 2008-09. 3 season he was excellent. Last season he was well below average and this season he is ok. Had few good games and very few poor ones.

Don't get me wrong, wasn't slaggin him off or anything as I've not seen much of him play. Just going on what a few of my friends have said as they support Man Utd, and they don't rate him much at all. I think when he's on top of his game hes a very good passer of the ball.

Been a good game, with little chances.

That Remy character looks very dangerous. Very quick, good dribbler and not afraid to take people on. He's their danger man IMO.

Nani's been our best player so far, but he's slipping a lot at the vital moments of attacks. Heinze is struggling with him and that's our best chance at the moment. The midfield has been woeful and Rooney's done nothing because he's been played out of position.

I'd say Scholes on early in the second half but not straight away, for either Gibson or Carrick. His passing is going to prove vital in this game with us leaving Nani, Rooney and Berbatov up field most of the time giving us incentive to counter attack. Hopefully we can get a goal, force them to come out a bit then hit them on the counter and get another.

Roony has been holding station, im suprised he hasnt playes as an inside forward, i assume SAF wants him to hold wide. carrick has been dire, his place is under threat permanently come the summer window. bring on scholes, let rooney off the leash

Yeah, he is not making any attacking moves and looked way off the pace. And also his passing has been dire this game. Introduction of Scholesy just takes off so much burden from everyone,

Rooney already moving more centrally

My mate at the game told me he saw the laser to.... :)
I'm not going mad....

Marseille are quite dirty b*stards at times eh ? that cheeky elbow on Vidic.

was it just me or was there a green laser light thing put on o'sheas shorts then when he took the throw in? :s

Smalling is now a class defender, 10x better then jonny evans was!

nearly on rio level.

I think heinze cried at HT after how nani treated him in 1st half.

this was the first time I've seen OM's third kit. It's sick, would love to have one.

was it just me or was there a green laser light thing put on o'sheas shorts then when he took the throw in? :s

Even i saw that.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Game is more open now and it's time to make changes..

Marseille are really starting to come into this now and our sloppy midfield is just helping them even more.