Thankyou for the feedback Joss, it's much appreciated. :)

Glad to see it's working for you and I hope it keeps going well for you, a few more updates later on would be appreciated, cheers.

Will do man. Just lost 3-0 to Villa though :( At least it was away from home, which seems to be the problem.. that and finding consistency, but your tactics seem to be working a treat, i'm using the Target man version, and brought in Landon Donovan at the start of the season, who is my poacher and top goalscorer. The only issue i have other than that, is that i only have once good CB, Hughes and Senderos are awful XD and Danny Murphy never seems to play well.

I tried a comparison with another 4-4-2 tactic against Real Madrid with my Mallorca side, I Played yours second half, and a random one first half...

First half It was 4-0 to real, Second half... The possession changed to 50/50% we was having alot more shots.. Game ended 4-2... Good work max, keep it up!

Finding your tactic really useful. I did make a few changes like making the box to box midfielder into an advanced playmaker and reducing the number of long shots the strikers took in deep lying+ poacher formation.

However i have no control over how to make the team attack more, since the basic play formation is counter attacking, it works very well, give or take one or two matches. i have a pretty strong squad but what i want to know is how do i make my team attack more? Simply changing the mentality to Attacking or Overload did not help much.

Great tactic anyway.

Hi at the moment im testing this tactic with my aston villa save i have a decent team Dzeko and taffer upfront so i think these 2 look good for a little and large combo, tried the Target man version and did ok , switched to the deep laying forward version and still doing ok so everything looks ok , one thing i noticed is that the target man attack "which Dzeko seems to work awesomley with) and the others have a CD as main playmaker and the RM as target man , this is intentional or?.

One more thing is this tactic is awesome VS realy strong attacking teams like liverpool/chelsea/man u etc but Vs poor teams it kinda just lets them play onto you were imo you realy should be pressing them and going on the attack simply switching to attack mentality doesnt seem to do a lot either.

Other than that i love it :)

ill give u feed back at the end of my season also take some Screen shots of my Succes or Failures :)

the screenies i took from the first 2 games i used it with i was already half way through season was on a 5-6 winning streak :D with that tactic forgot to Screen Shot them

Has anyone tried this with Aston Villa before? Max - you reckon it works better with a bit of pace right? Surely the pace of Young/Agbonlahor and the Target man capabilities of Heskey/Carew would make it work well

Has anyone tried this with Aston Villa before? Max - you reckon it works better with a bit of pace right? Surely the pace of Young/Agbonlahor and the Target man capabilities of Heskey/Carew would make it work well

Give it a go, it sounds good. I mean, it should work, all of those players being prime examples of their specified role.

Hi Guys,

I am desperately attemoting to play as Southampton, without getting sacked after 6-8 months.

Will try this tactic.

But do you just use this tactic non stop, irrelevant of your "next opposition" scouts diatribe?

What adjustments do you make in game when losing/winning/low posession/low shots on goal etc?

Max this tactic looking like it always beats Liverpool xD... Nice work I'm gonna try this tactic with a low premiership team and upload screenshots how it goes.

One thing does this tactic work for Home and Away games or maybe just changing the mentality? depending if your favourites?

Thanks,

Haxortiz

Edit: Ok picked out a club in the premiership its Birmingham... I'll upload screenshots of success or fail. Using the Target Man tactic.

Last edited:
i'm West Ham, just got raped 7-0 at Anfield, first game of the season

won my second game 2-1 at home to Burnley

got destroyed 4-0 by Man City in my 3rd game

Last edited:
Okies.

I played through 2 seasons with this with Southampton.

First Season i finished 7th (-10 points at start). Avoided getting the sack some how even though expectation was promotion.

Current season I just got sacked after failing to break into the top 6 by December. 9th at the time of sacking.

I just cant seem to make it work.

You're going to enjoy this post i reckon Max.

My team has really gelled in this second season, i spent almost all of my budget, but not on many players, including buying Romelu Lukaku in a deal with instalments and Mathias Jorgensen as a prospect to challenge Hangeland (who wanted to leave, but now seems OK) and Senderos (who got injured at a crucial time in the season, and fortunately I was able to survive without him). I didn't actually post it, but i managed to finish 8th in my first season in charge, a decent position, except i felt my job was under threat because i promised Europe (how naive!) Anyway, i'll let the screenshots do the talking now..
UH, hang on a minute..