Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Max's Goal Scoring Tactic

noshowbrat

Mar 18, 2009
Try and get another left back.
Cheers for the quick response, the transfer door havent closed yet ;)

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

@Max

Do you do anything with the OI, and what pitch size do you prefer for this tactic? (Hopefully maximum) :)

miskellini99

Jan 5, 2010
Tactic is working brill 4 my west brom team with these results:
WBA 4-2 newcastle
torquay 0-5 WBA
forest 0-2 WBA
WBA 4-0 posh

I can recomend darron gibson 4 the advanced playmaker role and gary hooper as the left striker as he only costs £1.2M

Max

Apr 14, 2009
Well they are predicted 10th/11th, so they are a pretty weak team when you think about it. But no I haven't tested with weaker teams yet, but it should work fine with them.

Brickie

Mar 16, 2010
OK, seems to be going well for me in the pre-season at least:

Leeds 2 - 0 Leeds Reserves
Cambridge 1 - 5 Leeds
Farsley 0 - 8 Leeds
Macclesfield 0 - 1 Leeds
Leeds 1 - 1 Arsenal Reserves
Coleraine 0 - 7 Leeds
Guiseley 0 - 2 Leeds

In the Farsley game, Becchio got a real, honest-to-goodness 10.0 rating to go with the five goals he scored inside an hour. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get 10 before, even against me!

Now let's see how it holds up in the season proper...

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Now let's see how it holds up in the season proper...
Done all right for August:

Leeds 2-0 Exeter
Leeds 5-1 Rotherham (League Cup)
Wycombe 0-2 Leeds
Walsall 1-4 Leeds
Leeds 4-1 Tranmere
Leeds 1-2 Birmingham (League Cup)
Colchester 2-3 Leeds

Kisnorbo had a shocker in defence in the Colchester game and I unfortunately forgot to pack a spare DC... Still, all three entries in the Goal of the Month were mine, and I got the dreaded Manager of the Month, so it's all about to go horribly wrong in September.

Last edited:

lm06s1

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks mate, I used it with arsenal and van persie is probably the best "supporting target man" if played 2 feet. cheers :D

JakeTalbot

Dec 29, 2012
one problem i've found is that many of the players i'm trying to buy aren't allowed work permets so i've ended up not getting a lot of the players i wanted