Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, cheers. And waking up at 4:45 :O! When did you get to sleep?
Didn't sleep at all the night before so had been awake for 30+ hours and went to sleep at 4 in the morning last night.

My sleeping pattern, is officially ******. ^^)

wow max, i just checked ur steam profile...... 1566 hours of FM10 and 1505 hours of FM09 0.0

wow max, i just checked ur steam profile...... 1566 hours of FM10 and 1505 hours of FM09 0.0
I usually leave my FM running throughout the day when I go out and leave my laptop on, and leave it on over night with my laptop off.

Generally I've probably only played the game for not even half that.

And thanks for stalking my steam profile. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Any requests? If you posted one yesterday and I didn't do it then ask again and I'll get to it.

4-4-2 Defensive diamond (Relegation battler tactic).

4-4-2 Defensive diamond (Relegation battler tactic).
Right I'm not gonna do each position because I don't have enough time tbh, so I'll just tell you the basics of the diamond.

The AM in your diamond needs to be your driving force, possible your best player because he's got good enough passing and creativity he can rip defences in half, use him as a advanced playmaker. Your DM is very important, if he doesn't play well you're team will usually concede a few goals so he needs to be on top form, have him as an anchor man/defensive midfielder.

Your wide men should be wide midfielders as they are the only players for you in the centre of the pitch so need to work hard and sure you keep the ball a bit more. It helps if your full backs support you're wingers in this, as you generally don't have much width because you're wingers are more focused on keeping the ball for you and not getting at the opposition full back.

Centre backs don't need to do anything fancy, limited defenders/central defenders will do. Don't use ball playing centre backs.

The good old combo of Poacher + Target Man should do the trick upfront, or advanced forward + deep lying.

Right I'm not gonna do each position because I don't have enough time tbh, so I'll just tell you the basics of the diamond.

The AM in your diamond needs to be your driving force, possible your best player because he's got good enough passing and creativity he can rip defences in half, use him as a advanced playmaker. Your DM is very important, if he doesn't play well you're team will usually concede a few goals so he needs to be on top form, have him as an anchor man/defensive midfielder.

Your wide men should be wide midfielders as they are the only players for you in the centre of the pitch so need to work hard and sure you keep the ball a bit more. It helps if your full backs support you're wingers in this, as you generally don't have much width because you're wingers are more focused on keeping the ball for you and not getting at the opposition full back.

Centre backs don't need to do anything fancy, limited defenders/central defenders will do. Don't use ball playing centre backs.

The good old combo of Poacher + Target Man should do the trick upfront, or advanced forward + deep lying.
So you think I should play ML and MR instead of 2 MCs?

So you think I should play ML and MR instead of 2 MCs?
Oh. You should of been specific on whether you wanted a narrow or wide 4-4-2.

It's up to you really, if you have better wingers use them, or if you have better centre mid's use them instead. If you're looking for help with a narrow 4-4-2 then the TTF has the Ancelloti Tactics on there which will help you.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:43 PM ----------

1 like away from 50 on the OP, you tease me.

also, do you want to play narrow or wide?
i tested a diamond tactic recently, i found its better to play wider as you are left less exposed at the back. Usually in narrow football the players just get clogged together, sorry for stealing your sparks max :wub:.

Hi Max, I just started with Sunderland and I'm trying a new tactic I've never used before. Can you help me to see if I'm doing anything wrong?

Thanks ;)

View attachment 97359
View attachment 97360
View attachment 97361

LB/RB - Full back - Automatic
CB's - Central Defender - Defend
DM- Anchor Man - Defend
LM/RM - Winger - Attack
AMC - Attacking Midfielder - Support

ST- Poacher - Attack
ST- Complete Forward - Attack

Change your complete forward to Target Man - attack.

None of your strikers will fit the complete forward role.

Also change your full backs to defend as your wingers give enough width.

Really great guide Max, been really helpful. I am playing with Lincoln (League 2) and using your guide I have developed two systems, one for Home and one for Away. The problem I have when my team plays the Home, more direct, quick, high tempo style is that most of the chances are Long Shots, setting my players off long shot's seem's to have made no difference to them. They still shoot from distance. It's a waste of good build up play. We seem to be able to get forward really well and create chances but as I say we are being restricted to long shot's only. Any help with this would be much appreciated. I included a screenshot of a match against Darlington in which i only won 1-0, just so you get the idea.

Peace

View attachment 100170

Last edited:
Is what for 10.2?

It's a guide, just use a tactic and try it for the future.

ha my bad iom new at this, looking for best tactics for 10.2 patch for liverpool

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Is what for 10.2?

It's a guide, just use a tactic and try it for the future.

ha my bad i am new at this, looking for best tactics for 10.2 patch for liverpool

I have been trying a lot of formation tactics etc... for my team ( Liverpool FC ) but when i find a good one, it's only good in one match. And after that i have to do searching aigan ;( It's realy anoying, so could please anyone tell me a good tactic for liverpool?

I have been trying a lot of formation tactics etc... for my team ( Liverpool FC ) but when i find a good one, it's only good in one match. And after that i have to do searching aigan ;( It's realy anoying, so could please anyone tell me a good tactic for liverpool?
Pick a tactic based on your approach to the game, and stick to it, i prefer a slow tempo controlled game, a bit like Man Utd play irl, ive stuck to that with man city and am doing very well, you cant change formations game by game and expect to do well.

usually it depends on your opponents, i suggest you make your tactics yourself, and stick to it, and when the backroom advice for the next match appears take a look at it, and if you agree use it, but only for that match as different opponents need slightley different tactics. But it will take time, if for example, it is the beginning of the season, the players need time to gel, a new or a couple of new signings have been made, this can unsettle other players for a short period of time. and thats it really :)

How should I playe Adebayor/Tevez on a 4-2-3-1 e.g poacher
and should cassano be my playamker?
and how is joe cole and jovetic best utilised?

How should I playe Adebayor/Tevez on a 4-2-3-1 e.g poacher
and should cassano be my playamker?
and how is joe cole and jovetic best utilised?

im not sure on adebayor and tevez but my guess would be something like adebayor being a target man or poacher as he is strong and good in the air and with his feet (you can change the way he gets fed the ball in the tactics) but im really not dure on tevez, defensive forward ? cassano i think should be an advanced playmaker attack, jovetic i stopped buying because he took too long to settle, but joe cole i am using right now and so far in AML playmaker and he is doing well, he isnt the best scorer although he gets tap ins at the back post but he assists lots :)

Status
Not open for further replies.