Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson claims the media will target Wayne Rooney after accusations he escaped a sending off in Manchester United's win at Wigan.

More...

He did derserve a red Card tho.

Yes, he deserved red card, but media will have field day as it is Rooney..

Everyone notice the difference. The title implies they do, the article actually says thats what Alex Ferguson thinks will happen. He obviously doesn't realise the media's **** in Man Utd's *** (metaphorically if you're going to take offence) means they'll proclaim Wayne as 'in his best form ever' now hes scored once and that he did nothing wrong.

The media won't do **** because he's in a Man Utd shirt. Also with SAF pre-emptive striking the whole thing they double won't because they'll be thinking 'Im not doing what SAF predicts rararar'

He assaulted one of the players for absolutely no reason, of course he should be targeted by the fans/media. At the end of the day if the elbow had been lower down the Wigan players face, it could of broken his jaw.

Rooney is a thug.

He assaulted one of the players for absolutely no reason, of course he should be targeted by the fans/media. At the end of the day if the elbow had been lower down the Wigan players face, it could of broken his jaw.

Rooney is a thug.

Lol talk about blowing things out of proportion.

He ran past him and elbowed him. It wasn't even a full connection - he clipped him. Yes it was a red card, but the player didn't make a meal out of it and played on. He wouldn't have "broken his jaw".

He ran past him and elbowed him. It wasn't even a full connection - he clipped him. Yes it was a red card, but the player didn't make a meal out of it and played on. He wouldn't have "broken his jaw".

I did clearly say had it of been lower ;)
A small little knock can cause injury's as well!

It's obvious it should have been a red, and it would warrant an extended ban. If this was Barton he would be crucified by everyone.

I did clearly say had it of been lower ;)
A small little knock can cause injury's as well!

It can cause injury, but it doesn't make him a thug. Is DJ Campbell a thug for pushing Richard Stearman in the face for no reason?

I thought not.

It can cause injury, but it doesn't make him a thug. Is DJ Campbell a thug for pushing Richard Stearman in the face for no reason?

I thought not.

DJ was pushed first then he reacted, something may have been said to Rooney earlier but regardless he elbowed him in the head.

Should be a 3 game ban.

I thought not.

Err...yes, it does. :S But he was provoked, Rooney was not, afaik.

Last edited:
The ref didnt not see the situation so therefore cant issue a red card, a free kick maybe because he was holding his face, it was ment proably but in a way he was shifting as explained on MOTD last night so he could of been just waving hands.

It is tho, because he is wayne rooney and everything hes been trhough this season, typical english media will slaughter him for something that maybe could of been accidental but fergie has said the right things as he will be given names now.Dispicable.

He wont be getting any ban as Ref saw the incident and had a word with him.

Gerrard elbowed pompey player for no reason, still no action was taken.
Gerrard showed V sign to ref, still no actions was taken.
Terry almost broke Milner's leg into two, no action was taken.

Considering all these i dont think Rooney would get any ban. But considering we are talking about FA, we can expect ban here.

DJ was pushed first then he reacted, something may have been said to Rooney earlier but regardless he elbowed him in the head.

Should be a 3 game ban.

I'm not disputing that it was a red card. It definitely was. But it doesn't make him a thug.

How many times do you get pushed in a football match? Doesn't mean you can push them in the face. But if you do, it doesn't make you a thug - it makes you a hot head.

Don't think he can get banned tbh - Clattenburg saw it and had a word with him. Gave the free kick.

I've just seen it on Goals On Sunday. That's ******* stupid. He should get banned for three games. Simple.

lol talk about the view of a Man Utd fan... no attention paid

It's obvious it should have been a red, and it would warrant an extended ban. If this was Barton he would be crucified by everyone.

Here here.

Err...yes, it does. :S But he was provoked, Rooney was not, afaik.

How was he provoked. Because he got shoved in a football match?

Oh no, God forbid that someone should push you in a contact sport!

The ref didnt not see the situation so therefore cant issue a red card, a free kick maybe because he was holding his face, it was ment proably but in a way he was shifting as explained on MOTD last night so he could of been just waving hands.

It is tho, because he is wayne rooney and everything hes been trhough this season, typical english media will slaughter him for something that maybe could of been accidental but fergie has said the right things as he will be given names now.Dispicable.

Don't even think of trying to make it out as accidental. He was jogging past him with his arm at waist height then raised it and struck him.

Of course he deserves to be ridiculed, he's an England international and a role model, he should know that you cannot act like that especially with camera's on him everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.