Media want Rooney 'electrocuted'

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol talk about the view of a Man Utd fan... no attention paid

What are you on about?

I haven't said it wasn't a red card but I simply said he's not a thug as somebody posted. It doesn't make him a thug, it makes him a hot head

How was he provoked. Because he got shoved in a football match?

Oh no, God forbid that someone should push you in a contact sport!

Don't be stupid.

You are not allowed to push people in the chest off the ball. DJ was violently provoked, Rooney was not.

What are you on about?

I haven't said it wasn't a red card but I simply said he's not a thug as somebody posted. It doesn't make him a thug, it makes him a hot head

But he did it without reason, surely if it was because he is a hothead he would have been provoked.

How was he provoked. Because he got shoved in a football match?

Oh no, God forbid that someone should push you in a contact sport!

Because he was provoked doesn't excuse it obviously, and of course using sarcasm makes your side of the argument much more credible. o_O

Rooney is a scumbag imo, and for you to say he shouldn't get a ban for elbowing someone in the head is ludicrous.

If you elbowed someone in the street in the head, and a policeman didn't see it, does that mean you shouldn't be arrested?

Oh get over it. It deserved red card, but ref didn't give it.

Like the ref missed 123123123 gerrard's two footed lunge and 345345345 Terry's two footed tackles.

Don't be stupid.

You are not allowed to push people in the chest off the ball. DJ was violently provoked, Rooney was not.

DJ Campbell was not pushed in the chest. He was pushed in the back in aerial challenge. How often does that happen. Doesn't mean that you can push someone in the face. He wasn't "violently provoked".

But he did it without reason, surely if it was because he is a hothead he would have been provoked.

As I said, it was definitely a red card. But it doesn't make him a thug. For all we know something could have been said to him or done to him but we don't know. Only Rooney knows why he did it, but it doesn't mean he's a thug.

Oh get over it. It deserved red card, but ref didn't give it.

Like the ref missed 123123123 gerrard's two footed lunge and 345345345 Terry's two footed tackles.

You don't have to reiterate that other players have broken rules too.

Thread is about Rooney elbowing McCarthy.

Having seen the incident, I think it warrants a ban.

Won't happen though.

Because he was provoked doesn't excuse it obviously, and of course using sarcasm makes your side of the argument much more credible. o_O

Rooney is a scumbag imo, and for you to say he shouldn't get a ban for elbowing someone in the head is ludicrous.

If you elbowed someone in the street in the head, and a policeman didn't see it, does that mean you shouldn't be arrested?

Show me one instant where I said that Rooney shouldn't have been sent off and receive a ban.

As I said, it was definitely a red card. But it doesn't make him a thug. For all we know something could have been said to him or done to him but we don't know. Only Rooney knows why he did it, but it doesn't mean he's a thug.

And if something was said to Rooney we would have heard of it by now.

Also, I'm sure if Rooney was insulted he wouldn't elbow the man without even looking at him, he would confront him.

Love how everyone jumps on Arsenal fans' backs when they defend players, then do it themselves when it's their club and their players..

Anyway, shouldn't be a huge overreaction from the media - clear elbow = violent conduct = red card and 3 match ban. Move on and get on with reporting stories about Cashley.

Irish Scouse is right - if it was Barton, the reaction would be even bigger. Utd's statement is hilarious, though.

Show me one instant where I said that Rooney shouldn't have been sent off and receive a ban.

I never once said quoted you as saying he shouldn't have been sent off.

However:

Don't think he can get banned tbh

There you are. So, he can't get banned even though he elbowed someone in the head, completely unprovoked? Which is, in fact, thuggish behaviour.

Are you saying Ben Thatcher isn't a thug for elbowing Pedro Mendes in the head, an act which nearly killed Mendes?

Thought so.

And if something was said to Rooney we would have heard of it by now.

Also, I'm sure if Rooney was insulted he wouldn't elbow the man without even looking at him, he would confront him.

Again, I'm not saying he was, I'm saying he could have been.

But one incident doesn't make you a thug. Zidane headbutted Materazzi, he's not a thug. Barton, punched numerous people and stubbed out a cigarette in someones eye, he's a thug.

Rooney elbowed someone once in the face uncalled for, he's not a thug. Kyle Lafferty is constantly hitting people and fighting, he's a thug.

Moment of madness, hothead but not a thug. Deserves a ban and a red card but won't get one because Clattenburg saw it and gave the free kick.

However:

There you are. So, he can't get banned even though he elbowed someone in the head, completely unprovoked? Which is, in fact, thuggish behaviour.

Are you saying Ben Thatcher isn't a thug for elbowing Pedro Mendes in the head, an act which nearly killed Mendes?

Thought so.

Simple DMF meant Rooney wont be getting ban as Ref saw it and had a word with Rooney.

However:

Thought so.

Don't take my words out of context. The rest of that quote says "Don't think he can be banned tbh as Clattenburg saw it and gave the free kick".

Ben Thatcher is a thug, because that's not the only thing he's ever done. Rooney is a hot head and had a moment of madness. Doesn't make him a thug.

Thats what you get when you cheat on your wife with expensive prostitutes.

And it was a clear red, and Ferguson should seriously retire if he thinks rooney did nothing wrong.

Yeah, thought so.

It can cause injury, but it doesn't make him a thug. Is DJ Campbell a thug for pushing Richard Stearman in the face for no reason?

I thought not.

DJ Campbell was provoked and lost his head, we've all been there before.
Rooney went out of his way to attack the Wigan player.....

Status
Not open for further replies.