Merson V Johnson

Blakefish80

Banned
Reaction score
Paul Merson ripped into Glen Johnson on soccer Saturday earlier, stuff like he cost hodgson his job, can't defend for toffee

Glen Johnson on twitter replies with this:

"Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not really gonna upset me and who is Paul Merson to jugde players, the only reason he's on that show is because he gambled his money away...the clown"

Your move Merson XD

PS. Merson has always been a *******, Nuff said.

Merson > Johnson.

Get in Merse, love him on Soccer Saturday.

EDIT: Jeff Stelling >>> Merson > Johnson.

Yeah, gotta agree on that one. Soccer Saturday is great with Mers. Wouldn't be the same without him, even if Jeff is on. Guys mint

**** off Merson you ***. Gotta stick up for the Liverpool player eh ;)

Must say though the 'cost Hodgson his job' is 100% incorrect, idiot.

Talk about touching a nerve. Out of order from Johnson.

Merson was twice the player Johnson will ever be, and he did cost Hodgson his job along with every other Liverpool player except Gerrard.

Johnson should have took the critism on the chin because its fully deserved.

Merson is invalid.

Sky only employ him because he's controversial and full of ****. Surprised he isn't on talksport (talkshite).

Merson is a football pundict, so he is entitled to his own opinion. I think Johnson's comments show a massive weakness and maybe he feels the comments are justified. At the end of the day even through all the **** Merson has done he is lightyears better than Johnson ever was or ever will be.

What weakness?

What has Merson done apart from be a drug abuser and an alcoholic.

He is an idiot.

Merson is a rubbish pudit to be honest and he runs his mouth too much 4 my liking so sum1 had to put him in his place every saturday i hear Merson saying sum1's **** but he is acting like he was actually that gd

Mers is right. Johnson is ****! All the Liverpool players should be ashamed, there not fit to wear the shirt of former champions.

So all you who agree with Merson, tell me how Johnson cost Hodgson his job?

Merson is a rubbish pudit to be honest and he runs his mouth too much 4 my liking so sum1 had to put him in his place every saturday i hear Merson saying sum1's **** but he is acting like he was actually that gd
You obviously never watched Mers.

Never liked Johnson, there was no need for those comments, Mers is a pundit and for once is right!

Achievements?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Merson#Honours

He is a pundit, and whether you agree with him or not his entire job revolves around airing those opinions. Out of order from Johnson, who strikes me as having a rather thin skin.

I am aware of his achievements at Arsenal, as I'm sure the majority of us are.

Why has Johnson been out of order? Just cos he is the player? Why isn't he allowed to voice his opinion in the same way Merson is?

Not saying I agree with either of them in this post, and I was being a bit of a **** in the last post. But seriously what's wrong with Johnson airing his opinion just like Merson has done.

Merson was giving his opinion on how Johnson was doing his job which is apparently a 'professional footballer' his performances have said otherwise.

Johnson just turned it into a slanging match by bringing Mersons personal life into scrutiny, there was no need for it whatsoever, if he'd of said Merson was a **** player and had no right to slate him then fair enough but he crossed the line between professional conduct and abuse.

Merson was giving his opinion on how Johnson was doing his job which is apparently a 'professional footballer' his performances have said otherwise.

Johnson just turned it into a slanging match by bringing Mersons personal life into scrutiny, there was no need for it whatsoever, if he'd of said Merson was a **** player and had no right to slate him then fair enough but he crossed the line between professional conduct and abuse.

Merson has also apparently said that Johnson cost Roy Hodgson his job. What right has Merson got to say this? What provoked it?

Although Johnson has gone too far in his comment, I think that he has every right to respond to Merson's unprovoked comments.

Merson may not be the brightest spark, but he gets away with it because he knows he isn' the brightest, and isn't afraid to laugh at himself. He seems a likeable enough bloke, and is a football pundit.

Whether or not he is a good one is irrelevant, he is paid to express his opinions, and he did. All Johnson did was launch a personal attack that was quite offensive to Merson. He should never have sunk so low as to mock Merson's addictions, which he deserves enormous credit for rising above.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

So all you who agree with Merson, tell me how Johnson cost Hodgson his job?

Whether you agree with Merson's actual opinion or not doesn't matter, Johnson didn't have to launch a personal attack on Merson which had nothing to do with football.