Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 610
  • Views Views 385K
hey dude, im playing using man utd and lost the first two games against city 0-1 and 3-2 at old trafford, what do i do?
hey mate, post the SS of your starting 11, just remember City are a very good team and there are a lot of facors that go into maintaining or starting an unbeaten run! Did you play Rooney in the left hand striking role with Hernandez or Welbeck in the right?

where do you think you went wrong bud? give it at least 10 more games before you can really see how it goes! this is the first time anyone has had any problems using my tactics with United... :(

what are you doing during teamtalks and match prep?

QPR update with Might and Magic tactic

this is an update for my QPR side so far this season :) also unbeaten in pre-season (will upload tomorrow) just about to leave the office! having a great start to the season! check the OP tomorrow morning for full updates on the QPR season.... :)

View attachment 199172

i starting the 2 season with antwerp predicion 9 lets see :)

going to try this tactic with my beloved swansea now :)

A few pointers how to set up your tactics away from home when your not favourites would come in handy??

What would you say are the key attributes required for the centre mids?

Enjoying the tactic, have re-trained RVV in the "Rooney" role and he's doing well, conceeding ALOT of goals though!

Cheers

And then this happened... :(

View attachment 199193
that is horrible mate, I am so sorry! 1) you cannot go to Old Trafford with 4-4-2 tactic that plays quite freely, you have to adopt a defensive approach when playing vs bigger teams!
The QPR game I have set to play deeper and quicker and on the counter with stick to position set! If you want I can upload the away tactic as well?

Oh and dont play Giggs in the centre.

A few pointers how to set up your tactics away from home when your not favourites would come in handy??

What would you say are the key attributes required for the centre mids?

Enjoying the tactic, have re-trained RVV in the "Rooney" role and he's doing well, conceeding ALOT of goals though!

Cheers

teamwork, work rate, stamina, passing, positioning, technique, off the ball, decisions :)
so strange how you are conceding goals... try playing with the offside trap and playing higher up the field (d-line high at least 3/4 of the way if not more)

I will update the OP as I am also working on an away game tactic for smaller teams

View attachment 199174View attachment 199175

i didnt really change anything juz the lineups, and not really dominating smaller teams, juz winning by 1 or 2 goals , what should i change?
switch Rio and Vidic around :)

good day all, the OP has been updated with new notes and instructions as well as my new QPR save SS! please take the time to go through everthing to ensure you get the best out of this tactic :)

here is a few SS of my QPR save using this tactic :)

199344d1319550699-might-magic%99-raikan007-queens-park-rangers-fixtures_-fixtures-.png

199347d1319550720-might-magic%99-raikan007-english-premier-division-overview_-stages-.png

Just finished my first season with Porto and it's been very impressing. Went unbeaten through the whole league and I ended up with 28-2-0 and 104 goals for and 14 against. Ended up winning everything in Portugal. It's been incredibly solid defensively, even in matches against Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea I haven't conceded more than two goals. There's just one single match where I've conceded more and that was in my 6-3 victory against Villareal.

This is a screenshot from the 2012/2013 pre-season but it's just to show what line up I used. Rotated a lot in midfield but always had either Defour or Moutinho there along with Markus Henriksen or Fernando. Against weaker teams and matches right before important ones I usually used Arthur Maia, Jonas Svensson, Silvestre Varela and Cristian Rodriguez as wingers to rest Hulk and James Rodriguez.

Kléber pretty much always played as the poacher and I rotated between Walter, Lucas Andersen and Adaílton (brought in mid-season) and sent Jesé out on loan.

R4dZT.jpg

At the end of the first season nearly everyone had an avg. rating between 7.20 and 7.80. And as you can see, Kléber has been totally brilliant as the poacher. Just noticed his age has bugged with some other player in the player stats as he's born in 1990.

s7zhl.png

Had a pretty rough CL group with Man City, Villareal and Dortmund. Ended up winning every match except the away match against City where I lost 1-0 and ended up coming second in the group... and that led to me facing Barcelona in the first knockout stage.

fXhSH.png

Messi countered when Defour missed his penalty, such a punch in the face. Ended up drawing 2-2 away in a really exciting (and lucky) match and got through on aggregate. Went on to meet Real Madrid next where I lost 0-1 home in a match I should have won and ended up drawing 2-2 away, so Real Madrid won overall.

tnUQ1.png

There's been a lot of yellow cards in the big matches as the screenshots show but in the league it's been totally opposite. I haven't had a single player banned for too many yellow cards and think I just had one red card the whole season. Most of the matches in the national league and cups looked like this one against Benfica.

LUJsZ.png

wow mate, 6 CCC vs Barcelona! and 60% possession! that is quite incredible!

some great results and SS, also thank you for keeping the layout neat and tidy as well! much appreciated!

all the best for the new season :)

Awesome results with QPR mate.

I think I'll soon test this tactic (I'm testing another atm) :)

Getting some decent resulting with Nuneaton while using this tactic. Conceding a lot of goals though, although that's more likely the fact some of my defenders are dire.

I have started a new save from the bottom of English leagues. I'm playing with Dartford in Blue Square Bet South league.
After 27 league games, Dartford with just free transfers and below average players is now at the first place of the league, using this interesting tactic.
Won 20 of 27 played games, and just got 3 draws and 4 losses. An excellent result for a team without reasonable players.
Goals 60-22.

Altought is too soon, I will keep posting screenshots of future results.

Keep up the good work.

Hello. I'm using Wimbledon at the moment as well. I'm doing the tactics you suggested but just don't seem to be getting the results. Any ideas on whatbim doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Hello. I'm using Wimbledon at the moment as well. I'm doing the tactics you suggested but just don't seem to be getting the results. Any ideas on whatbim doing wrong?

Look very impressive. Especially the AFC Wimbledon results and the 5-0 win over Chlesea. Will give it a go if my tactic with Bayern goes sour.

I think there's a bug with chelsea when played by the A.I. I'm no tactic genius such as raikan but still, with a ****** quick homemade tactic, i won 0-5 and 4-0 when playing Lille against them in champion's league quarter final... that tactic never scored that high against any other team (even ****** team from national league in France)

Currently testing the Might & Magic tactic from this thread with blackburn. Getting some very nice results for now but I haven't played a single big team yet.
Tho Jason Roberts scoring hat tricks every game is pretting encouraging. :)

Back