Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 610
  • Views Views 385K
can you please upload the away tactic? I'm not doing quite well away from home. Leaking goals in too easily. First season only avoided drop with one point. I'm managing swansea by the way.

Hi m8,

i am gonna use those 2 tactics with my new West Ham save.. will let you know how they are doing!

as I say mate :) make whatever changes best suit your team :) and that sounds like a good one you have made :) the basis of the tactic remains but with those little tweaks etc to suit your players is exactly what I ask people to do so well done Raph :) good win! keep us updated mate

Woop, just got praised by Raikan .... get in :D ... yeah will do, also the shouts you provided seem to be doing good, although with the away one, I was facing QPR and I found that it was limiting my team slightly because they are a lesser opposition so the home one worked better. :)

ok i finally got it working, won first game 5-0 then had a few 1-0s and a 2-1 and then lost 5-3 4-0 3-0 2-1 :(

edit- im Ipswich btw!

Last edited:
ok i finally got it working, won first game 5-0 then had a few 1-0s and a 2-1 and then lost 5-3 4-0 3-0 2-1 :(

edit- im Ipswich btw!
were the games you lost away or at home? that is very strange! take it down to standard/control, add a little less time wasting, play deeper and on the counter as well!

looking back at the results im getting about 30 shots a game so maybe my players are just not up to it

looking back at the results im getting about 30 shots a game so maybe my players are just not up to it
that could be the case, try set their creative freedom to as little as possible and teach them PPM's that will improve their game: if the player has decent finishing/composure/technique stats ask him to place shots if he has poor stats of those three mentioned ask him to shoot with power

need dlp for cardif city fc. I dont know enough earnshaw :)

and you 2 tactic away and home. just play away or home=home away=away :)

Last edited:
Is the away tactic mainly for smaller teams or do you recommend using with good teams also?

Great tactic had a good season with west ham finishing 2nd by 1 point. Only bad result was a 5-1 loss to Brighton though i blame my RB for getting sent off within 2 minutes

Hi mate big fan of your tactics, used some on other footie manager games in the past ! But i just cant get this one to work 4 me, Iam playing with arsenal and just not doing well at all in march in my second season and am in 6th place and bout 20points off the top. Ive used every thing u said in ya post at it aint working so ive been trying to tweek it and it still wont work. Its just so inconsistant , i cant bit the big teams at all either. I feel like Iam playing with everton or aston villa and not arsenal. Ive never had such a bad game with arsenal . Please help !!!! lol

Hi! I'm also playing Arsenal and aren't doing too well either..
I've tried to follow all the instructions and we were doing great during pre-season but after 10 games have slipped and are starting to lose points. We just managed to draw 3-3 to Stoke after being 3-0 down.. nail biting!!

Here's my team:

GK: Fabianski
LB: Santos
CBL: Vermaelen
CBR: Chiellini
RB: Sagna (Rotated with Swaab)
AML: Gervinho
CML: Marvin Martin
CMR: Ramsey/Bruno
AMR/INF: Walcott
FCL: Van Persie
FCR: Luuk De Jong

Sold; Arshavin, Rosicky & Almunia (Couple of others too but can't remember from top of my head..)
Bought In; Bruno (Villareal) Swaab, Chiellini, Marvin Martin & Swaab.

Possibly thinking about bringing in Reyes as well, but I need better cover for my FullBacks - don't know if you could suggest anyone? Got a teeny tiny budge now but am also going to sell some reserves soon.

Any ideas as to why this isn't working? Would really appreciate the help.

- Hannah

Jordan Spence is usually good cover, he can played D (LRC)

that could be the case, try set their creative freedom to as little as possible and teach them PPM's that will improve their game: if the player has decent finishing/composure/technique stats ask him to place shots if he has poor stats of those three mentioned ask him to shoot with power

Playing as AFC Dons, so can you define "decent" stats? My guys are around 10 for most of those.

need dlp for cardif city fc. I dont know enough earnshaw :)

and you 2 tactic away and home. just play away or home=home away=away :)
hey mate, not sure on a player for you!

it depends on your opposition :)

Is the away tactic mainly for smaller teams or do you recommend using with good teams also?
you can try it :) however the original tactic works well so far with any type of team I have tested it with and others as well :)

Great tactic had a good season with west ham finishing 2nd by 1 point. Only bad result was a 5-1 loss to Brighton though i blame my RB for getting sent off within 2 minutes
awesome mate :) well done! you are going to have to make changes to it in the EPL though :) play on the counter and drop a striker to Dm for the big games etc... dont get caught out thinking its going to bring the same results it did in the league below :)

Hi mate big fan of your tactics, used some on other footie manager games in the past ! But i just cant get this one to work 4 me, Iam playing with arsenal and just not doing well at all in march in my second season and am in 6th place and bout 20points off the top. Ive used every thing u said in ya post at it aint working so ive been trying to tweek it and it still wont work. Its just so inconsistant , i cant bit the big teams at all either. I feel like Iam playing with everton or aston villa and not arsenal. Ive never had such a bad game with arsenal . Please help !!!! lol
cheers mate :)

that is strange.. where are you playing RVP and Walcott? Wilshere/Arteta/Ramsey wont fit into the roles of the Cm's, only really Song and Frimprong will! I suggest buying in someone like Ognjen Vukojevic, Javi Martinez, Casemiro etc...

where is the weak link in your squad? Arshavin and Gervinho are also a little too attacking and are more inside forwards, you need someone outwide with good teamwork and work rate stats etc..

maybe tweak the cm's PI's to play a little more attacking as well, have Wilshere in the centre to be more of the playmaker to link up with RVP :)

Hi! I'm also playing Arsenal and aren't doing too well either..
I've tried to follow all the instructions and we were doing great during pre-season but after 10 games have slipped and are starting to lose points. We just managed to draw 3-3 to Stoke after being 3-0 down.. nail biting!!

Here's my team:

GK: Fabianski
LB: Santos
CBL: Vermaelen
CBR: Chiellini
RB: Sagna (Rotated with Swaab)
AML: Gervinho
CML: Marvin Martin
CMR: Ramsey/Bruno
AMR/INF: Walcott
FCL: Van Persie
FCR: Luuk De Jong

Sold; Arshavin, Rosicky & Almunia (Couple of others too but can't remember from top of my head..)
Bought In; Bruno (Villareal) Swaab, Chiellini, Marvin Martin & Swaab.

Possibly thinking about bringing in Reyes as well, but I need better cover for my FullBacks - don't know if you could suggest anyone? Got a teeny tiny budge now but am also going to sell some reserves soon.

Any ideas as to why this isn't working? Would really appreciate the help.

- Hannah
Martin and Bruno/Ramsey dont fit into the cm's as mentioned above mate :)

Playing as AFC Dons, so can you define "decent" stats? My guys are around 10 for most of those.
thats good then mate :) anything above 10 should suffice :)

anyone who have tried this tactic with leeds? my results are very unstable. sometimes i won 5-0 but the game after i loss 0-3. i use the away tactic in the away games, and of course the home tactic home. i would appriciate some tips.

anyone who have tried this tactic with leeds? my results are very unstable. sometimes i won 5-0 but the game after i loss 0-3. i use the away tactic in the away games, and of course the home tactic home. i would appriciate some tips.
see what the opponents are lining up with, read the pre-match reports about their formations/pitch etc and make the necssary tweaks to counter the threat or exploit a weakness :)

Not sure why some people are experiencing losses though! its a pity..

Back