Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 610
  • Views Views 385K
Getting some decent resulting with Nuneaton while using this tactic. Conceding a lot of goals though, although that's more likely the fact some of my defenders are dire.
yeah, that is the unfortunate thing about it! what I suggest doing is...

play very deep to leave little space behind your back 4 and set your fb to never run or run from deep with the ball to keep them back and in line with the cb's.. play quicker tempo and set both cb to covering and both on centreback as well!

Hello. I'm using Wimbledon at the moment as well. I'm doing the tactics you suggested but just don't seem to be getting the results. Any ideas on whatbim doing wrong?

how are you lining up mate? who did you buy?

I think there's a bug with chelsea when played by the A.I. I'm no tactic genius such as raikan but still, with a ****** quick homemade tactic, i won 0-5 and 4-0 when playing Lille against them in champion's league quarter final... that tactic never scored that high against any other team (even ****** team from national league in France)

Currently testing the Might & Magic tactic from this thread with blackburn. Getting some very nice results for now but I haven't played a single big team yet.
Tho Jason Roberts scoring hat tricks every game is pretting encouraging. :)
or maybe we just got our tactics spot on on the day? just remember that Chelsea should still be adpating to a new style of play and due to their formation and venue etc I tweaked the tactic accordingly and came out on top :)

hope its working well for you mate :)

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Away tactic<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Hello 007 would you please upload the away tactic, iam having problems against the big teams..

Hey im starting my second season with my cartagena squad. I just got promoted to liga BVVA
i wil try your tactic.
This is my first team.
GK:Curci Gianluca
DR:Romário
DCR:Abraham Paz / Mahamadou Sissoko
DCL:Volta Massimo
DL:Manu
MCR:Kitoko Ritchie
MCL:Haestad Kristofer
AMR:Álvaro Anton
AML: Pinga
STR:Quintero Darwin
STL:Alberto Bueno/Rivaldo

also have David Albelda but got injured in pre season for 5 months
trying to sign hargreaves on free transfer.

first game Cartagena 4 - Deportivo 0
2goals from Bueno and 2 from Quintero

i will report back later :p

Last edited:
awesome result on the first day mate and well done on gaining promotion :)

Thanks Raikan, will implement those ideas and give you feedback on how it turns out.

i have downloaded this tactic but when i put it in the FM 11 tactic file or fm 12 tactic file i cannot find it when im in game :(

Yo Raikan would Ganso work well as the cm playmaker or do you need a pure cm like Xavi

the Cm is not the playmaker :) the Stl is!

Ganso wont work well in the Cm mate, he does not have the right stats and is not the right player...

someone like Joey Barton, Lucas Leiva, Ognjen Vukojevic, Javi Martinez, Carrick, Scotty Parker etc are prime candidiates and of course Xavi would be immense :)

Hey Raikan, great tactic, but I have one query. I've used the Man Utd team and the tactic you demoed in the 1st post for half a season, however instead of banging home 4 or so goals per game I'm consistently wining 1-0 or 2-0 even against weak teams. Do you have any suggestions why? Thanks

Raikan, do you think it would be a good idea to make the untick the playmaker box, then give the CM an DLP support role (using Hamsik) and make the Stl a poacher and the Str a trequartista? I've only played one game like this and beat arsenal 5-1, so just sharing, fits my players better aswell. :)

Just been testing this tactic out with an AFC Wimbledon team but i lack any first team strikers who are a threat in the air which leaves the right winger having many uncompleted crosses.

Would you suggest changing his PI to be more like the left winger or make other changes?
Thanks

Raikan, do you think it would be a good idea to make the untick the playmaker box, then give the CM an DLP support role (using Hamsik) and make the Stl a poacher and the Str a trequartista? I've only played one game like this and beat arsenal 5-1, so just sharing, fits my players better aswell. :)
as I say mate :) make whatever changes best suit your team :) and that sounds like a good one you have made :) the basis of the tactic remains but with those little tweaks etc to suit your players is exactly what I ask people to do so well done Raph :) good win! keep us updated mate

What players for a budget of £8million would be good for a DLF?
Artem Milevskiy, Eduardo, Landon Donovan, Thiago Ribeiro, Freddie Kanoute, Fred, Adel Taraabt

Don't you use Joey Barton with Q.P.R.??
he was injured for 2 months then again for 2 months :(

Just been testing this tactic out with an AFC Wimbledon team but i lack any first team strikers who are a threat in the air which leaves the right winger having many uncompleted crosses.

Would you suggest changing his PI to be more like the left winger or make other changes?
Thanks
yeah, do that mate :) its not meant for aerial its meant for the quick poacher to come near post (drill crosses)

Hey Raikan, great tactic, but I have one query. I've used the Man Utd team and the tactic you demoed in the 1st post for half a season, however instead of banging home 4 or so goals per game I'm consistently wining 1-0 or 2-0 even against weak teams. Do you have any suggestions why? Thanks
what is your starting line up? change to attacking and use different shouts like: get ball forward and pass into space etc :)

The tweaks for the strikers are easily made i've got Crouch and Jerome playing in this system now with very little changed from the original tactic. Just the centre back i seem to be having trouble with but i think thats a blip in his form rather than the back 4 layout.

and how is it going? did you make Crouch TM role and TM in instructions ball to feet?

yeah, not bad i'm doin the patriot challange (english players only) with stoke, since changing to this 442 with Etherington and Jarvis on the wings, i've won my last 3 (tottenham (A), lazio (H), wigan (A)) and draw Man utd (H), with crouch scoring 4. Jerome yet to score though. but who cares.. Just seem to leak daft goals but a quick tweak on the LCB seems to have sorted that, Upson with a 6.0 at half time, seeing out the game with a 7.2 (without scoring).

Yay, good job Raikan, and yay you used the Carrick role!
Anyway I'm finally caving in and buying the game later today. Tried to stop myself because I got mid term university exams but screw them haha. Hopefully I'll get some kickass tactics up on fm-base similar to that of fm2011 ;) Cya soon!

Back