Mine and your take on Chelsea's current situation?

Mikel's a decent player, the part he plays goes un-noticed. This season he has been much much better.

He was at the start but has been anonymous since the slump started.
Can only pass sideways, can't shoot, too slow.
His injury will give Ramires games which he needs

To be fair with the exception of Cech and Terry who hasen't been anonymous since our slump?? Mikel has passed forwards more times this season then he has in all the previous seasons put together because Carlo worked on him in the summer to make sure he did. Ramires will get good i beleive so but at the moment he has one good game and then one **** game and on and on.

Shame we missed out on Sidwell

You what? XD

You do realise these are the exact same criticisms levelled against world-class players like Claude Makelele throughout his career? It's bonkers, this criticism. It's called ball retention, and it's a skill prized highly.

I think it was sarcasm, hopefully anyway. oO)

Yes the last time we tried to increase the size of the squad on the cheap...

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

You what? XD

You do realise these are the exact same criticisms levelled against world-class players like Claude Makelele throughout his career? It's bonkers, this criticism. It's called ball retention, and it's a skill prized highly.

Ok so Mikel is not the worst player in the world but the last 2 months we are invariably chasing games and he does not add anything to the attacking element of the team.
1 goal and no memorable assists in 4 seasons confirm this.
And when the team is struggling it brings out the worst in him

I can see Chelsea finishing 5th this season. Ray Wilkins sacking has clearly had an effect on the players as they had a strong understanding with each other. It is surely no coincidence that Chelsea performed poorly right after he got the boot.

Ok so Mikel is not the worst player in the world but the last 2 months we are invariably chasing games and he does not add anything to the attacking element of the team.
1 goal and no memorable assists in 4 seasons confirm this.
And when the team is struggling it brings out the worst in him

No, no... you're still missing the point.

If the team is chasing a game, you can take him off and bring another on. When the team is functioning normally, though, or defending a lead, he is absolutely invaluable. His job isn't to create or score goals, his job is to sit in front of the defence, win the ball and get it to a teammate. That's it. That's his entire job, and he does it excellently. Mikel has improved a lot this season, and he's one of the best at his job in the Prem now.

We need new players nuff said, A attacking midfielder is a necessity, if Chelsea dont buy a midfielder in this tranfer window I will do a Jake and eat my own **** on film for u guys

If the team is chasing a game, you can take him off and bring another on. When the team is functioning normally, though, or defending a lead, he is absolutely invaluable. His job isn't to create or score goals, his job is to sit in front of the defence, win the ball and get it to a teammate. That's it. That's his entire job, and he does it excellently. Mikel has improved a lot this season, and he's one of the best at his job in the Prem now.

This... But i can see where Zidave is coming from, Us Utd Supporters, feel the same way about Carrick some times.

we need new players nuff said, a attacking midfielder is a necessity, if chelsea dont buy a midfielder in this tranfer window i will do a jake and eat my own **** on film for u guys

please dont !

We need new players nuff said, A attacking midfielder is a necessity, if Chelsea dont buy a midfielder in this tranfer window I will do a Jake and eat my own **** on film for u guys
Lol.. 22 days and counting :)

I hope they do, just so you don't.

I don't understand why Chelsea is still considered as a club who jumps high only becasue of Roman's money... Do you think they spend more than Liverpool, or United, or Arsenal? I don't so. For me, Chelsea is now traditionally big team in Premier League

I don't understand why Chelsea is still considered as a club who jumps high only becasue of Roman's money... Do you think they spend more than Liverpool, or United, or Arsenal? I don't so. For me, Chelsea is now traditionally big team in Premier League
How do they not spend more than Arsenal? Anyway, yeah I would say they are a big team.

Ok I do agree with your point and I do like Mikel.
However he is played every game this season prior to injury and if you look at our upcoming fixtures then his absence "is not a blow"

This is not Mikel's fault but we play the same system whoever the opposition and he is not needed at home to Ipswich (I hope)

I was at Birmingham away and watched Bowyer run 30 yards past Mikel to score.
He has a lot of improvement to make & does make a lot of mistakes.

Is it true there is a section of fans calling for Carlo and Roman to leave the club?

Carlo, probably.
Roman, I doubt it. They need their sugar daddy ;)

There was 2 badly made banners outside the training ground yesterday.
Looked like made by the same person.

One said Carlo & Roman out
The other Your not fit to wear the shirt.

Lunacy!

I am afraid there are a lot of fans with extremely short memories...

There was 2 badly made banners outside the training ground yesterday.
Looked like made by the same person.

One said Carlo & Roman out
The other Your not fit to wear the shirt.

Lunacy!

I am afraid there are a lot of fans with extremely short memories...

Couldn't have put it better myself. Not real fans, Jonny come latelys.