Mine and your take on Chelsea's current situation?

Well, I don't rate the Da Silva's too much if I'm honest, which is why I laughed, must admit they're good going forward but much like Bosingwa they can't defend! But as I said I earlier I didn't mention them because they're pretty much first team players now especially with Neville being past it and Brown injured (at least I think he's still injured).

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I have always loved VDV too, ever since he was at Ajax, then he goes Spurs :'(
Can't defend XD Ronaldinho in Rafa's pocket,and Bale,Ribery...

They've only done that through forced injuries, they've had no other option then to play them and none of them have excelled.

Well considering Van Aanholt and Bruma make their first team debut's last season. Also i forgot to add that Kakuta also made his debut last season too. McEachran was somthing of a secret, Chelsea wanted to keep him quiet and out of the limelight.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Can't defend XD Ronaldinho in Rafa's pocket,and Bale,Ribery...

Although i rate Rafael Ferriera kept Bale quiet also. And when we had Khalid Boularouz he kept Ronaldino quiet for 2 legs once lol. Its the reason Ferguson bought the pair over at such a young age because if they stayed in Brazil they wouldnt have taght them how to defend.

Well, I don't rate the Da Silva's too much if I'm honest, which is why I laughed, must admit they're good going forward but much like Bosingwa they can't defend! But as I said I earlier I didn't mention them because they're pretty much first team players now especially with Neville being past it and Brown injured (at least I think he's still injured).

But there still 20 years old, and both dont start in the same position..... Both kept Bale and Ronaldinho very quite, And what off, Welbeck, Macheda, Smalling and Obertan. they all **** as well?

They've only done that through forced injuries, they've had no other option then to play them and none of them have excelled.

No, not through injuries they would have all most probably be on the bench most games if we had all players fit. That was the plan for the season, to play the youngsters more. And are you telling me that you haven't been impressed by Josh McEachran? And Bruma was one of the better players against Villa last week. And do you really expect a youngster to excel when we're in this form?! How are they going to excel when our best players aren't doing so? Drogba, Malouda, Anelka and Kalou need to pull their socks up and put the ball in the net.

People keep saying, "Roman wants us to be self-sufficient", but how? You can't just stop funding and hope your club will become self-sufficient, you have to put money into scouting networks, youth facilities, buy youngsters (Ok they've been doing that recently but to be honest, it may turn out to be too little too late) etc.

Chelsea's youngster are nowhere near the quality of Man United youngsters (and trust me, I hate Chelsea and Man Utd equally). Man Utd atleast give their youngsters first team experience, Welbeck, Macheda and Simpson are all out on loan, Gibson was on loan too (although I think Gibson is ****). Those players have all had first team experience in the Man Utd side too.

Rafael is a decent defender actually, but his strong point is his attacking game and brown isn't injured he's just lost it :S

But shouldn't a DEFENDER'S strong point be defending?

Lost it? He never had it! But I'm sure he was definitely sidelined earlier on this season for quite a while if I remember rightly.

Lost it? He never had it! But I'm sure he was definitely sidelined earlier on this season for quite a while if I remember rightly.

Dani Alves and Maicon. The two best right backs in world football. Not renowned for their defending though are they. It's their attacking play that makes them the full backs they are today.

hes actually good defensively better going forwards, like all attacking fullbacks. Anyway quit shifting the goal posts.

Two words, Dani Alves. Oh and another one for you, Maicon.

Ah Alex beat me to it.

Dani Alves is a defender - Strong point, attacking, he's still one of the best full-back's in the world. Same with Ashley Cole, Patrice Evra, Phillip Lahm, Gael Clichy and Marcelo. Attacking full-back's are what the game is all about these days, they offer more to the team than a defensive one.

People keep saying, "Roman wants us to be self-sufficient", but how? You can't just stop funding and hope your club will become self-sufficient, you have to put money into scouting networks, youth facilities, buy youngsters (Ok they've been doing that recently but to be honest, it may turn out to be too little too late) etc.

Chelsea's youngster are nowhere near the quality of Man United youngsters (and trust me, I hate Chelsea and Man Utd equally). Man Utd atleast give their youngsters first team experience, Welbeck, Macheda and Simpson are all out on loan, Gibson was on loan too (although I think Gibson is ****). Those players have all had first team experience in the Man Utd side too.

As i said earlier, Utds youngsters are either a year or two older and have been in Utd's first team set-up for a season or two already. These lads have only really been indroduced to the first team this season and are averagly a little younger. So you are telling me that a 17 year old McEachran is nowhere near as good as Gibson was when he was 17??? Or a 19 year old Bruma is nowhere as good as a 19 year old Smalling??

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Dani Alves is a defender - Strong point, attacking, he's still one of the best full-back's in the world. Same with Ashley Cole, Patrice Evra, Phillip Lahm, Gael Clichy and Marcelo. Attacking full-back's are what the game is all about these days, they offer more to the team than a defensive one.

I think its a little harsh especially on Cole and Evra, both can defend excellently i mean for Cole just ask Cristiano Ronaldo he will tell you. I quote " the toughest opponent i have ever faced".

As i said earlier, Utds youngsters are either a year or two older and have been in Utd's first team set-up for a season or two already. These lads have only really been indroduced to the first team this season and are averagly a little younger. So you are telling me that a 17 year old McEachran is nowhere near as good as Gibson was when he was 17??? Or a 19 year old Bruma is nowhere as good as a 19 year old Smalling??
It doesn't matter, its not Man Utd fault you only started careing about your youth this season. Regardless of age (to a certain obvious degree), Man Utds youngster are better than yours.

Dani Alves and Maicon. The two best right backs in world football. Not renowned for their defending though are they. It's their attacking play that makes them the full backs they are today.

Yes, I'm not denying that but they should be better at defending than attacking, they aren't but they should, as should all defenders as that's why they are in the position. Also, I'd rather have Ramos or Lahm over both of them tbh!

No-one is arguing them points though, the Fact remains, ChrisBird said. Chelsea youngster are significantly better then United... Which is incorrect, Just because chelsea have no good youngsters between 19-21 doesnt mean United shouldn't count.

It doesn't matter, its not Man Utd fault you only started careing about your youth this season. Regardless of age (to a certain obvious degree), Man Utds youngster are better than yours.

I never said they wearn't but you expext that when they have been in and around the first team for a year or two already as Chelsea's youngsters have only been in properly in the first team this season.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

No-one is arguing them points though, the Fact remains, ChrisBird said. Chelsea youngster are significantly better then United... Which is incorrect, Just because chelsea have no good youngsters between 19-21 doesnt mean United shouldn't count.

I mean im trying to play devils advocat here, if he means youngsters i.e 16-19 then yer i believe ours are possibly better but i would still count upto 21-22 as youngsters were you will have Cleverly, Smalling and Obertan etc etc.

Rafael will probably be one of the worlds best right becks in the next few years...

I think its a little harsh especially on Cole and Evra, both can defend excellently i mean for Cole just ask Cristiano Ronaldo he will tell you. I quote " the toughest opponent i have ever faced".

Not saying any of them are bad defenders, most of them are very good at it. I, personally think Maicon is brilliant defensively, as are Cole, Lahm and Evra, yet they're renowned for their qualities on the overlap, adding quality to the attack.

I never said they wearn't but you expext that when they have been in and around the first team for a year or two already as Chelsea's youngsters have only been in properly in the first team this season.
Ok. It doesn't change the fact that right now, your team which needs good quality youth, doesn't have it.

Last edited:
And just because I'm moaning that a defender, should be best at defending, not attacking it's not because I don't like wing backs, because I prefer playing wing backs, makes for much better football. But it's a fact that a defender should be better at defending than attacking end of, you could throw all the names of attacking full backs you want at me, it won't change my opinion.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I mean im trying to play devils advocat here, if he means youngsters i.e 16-19 then yer i believe ours are possibly better but i would still count upto 21-22 as youngsters were you will have Cleverly, Smalling and Obertan etc etc.

Well he said Youngsters, then Dismissed Obertan, Smalling, Raf, Fabio and Welbeck, So he must of had them in mind, When he called commented on them.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

And just because I'm moaning that a defender, should be best at defending, not attacking it's not because I don't like wing backs, because I prefer playing wing backs, makes for much better football. But it's a fact that a defender should be better at defending than attacking end of, you could throw all the names of attacking full backs you want at me, it won't change my opinion.

But Rafael Can defend very well...