Mine and your take on Chelsea's current situation?

Think Wilkins had to have left for a reason/argued for a reason. The club isn't going downhill because he left, at least I doubt it - but he spoke up because he saw this happening.

].

For goodness sakes don't be so stupid. We all know Chelsea are a big club. Everyone seems to think a club's size is about history, which is complete rubbish. Villa have won a European Cup: does that make them a bigger club than Arsenal? No! Forest have won it twice. Does it make them a bigger club than Chelsea? Of course not. It's all down to a mixture of history and current success, with current success taking a rather larger slice of pie in my eyes.

Chelsea are a modern rich Successful club, not a big club, until the spent many year compete-ting at the top

Good to see the backbiting starting already...

Honestly, I think it's a mixture of things. Ambramovich's domineering attitude, key players injured, Wilkins' enforced departure and the failure to replace background playing staff like Ballack and Belletti from last year all contribute to what has been a fairly major slump.

For goodness sakes don't be so stupid. We all know Chelsea are a big club. Everyone seems to think a club's size is about history, which is complete rubbish. Villa have won a European Cup: does that make them a bigger club than Arsenal? No! Forest have won it twice. Does it make them a bigger club than Chelsea? Of course not. It's all down to a mixture of history and current success, with current success taking a rather larger slice of pie in my eyes.
Not the point.... point is they'd done **** all before the start of the 21st century. Just because they've had 10 years of riches and a couple of titles does not make them a big club. No matter what you say... so don't call me stupid if it's a matter of opinion you nonce.

I think it is a mixture of your squad not being as good, not enough depth, squad not being as together, no replacements for ballack etc, some youngsters not being good enough, wilkins sacking and abramovich's usual meddling.

If winning the double doesn't make you a big club, I don't know what does. Arsenal haven't won anything in years, yet they are a big club.

If winning the double doesn't make you a big club, I don't know what does. Arsenal haven't won anything in years, yet they are a big club.

Your a modern day successful club, That was your first double for what ever... If you do it Consistently i will class you as a big club.

I was at Wolves last night and have been too every game of the slump apart from Arsenal away.

Whatever is happening off the pitch is relevant but the main problem is that we look one paced, one dimensional, we have no plan b when things aren't going well and look shaky at the back.

The tactics blatantly weren't working last night but Ancelotti did not change it until too late.
On Sunday Kalou came on for Anelka, last night the opposite.

This season is almost exactly the same as Scolari's start where we were thrashing teams for fun for the 1st 3 months then collapsed although this is more serious.

The squad is too old and not hungry enough.
The youngsters are too young and unproven and maybe not good enough.
We have no 21-25 year olds other than Ramires who is unproven in the Premier League.

Whilst I understand Roman'sconcern regarding the UEFA financial rules in a couple of years time but I fear that may be irrelevant if the situation is not reversed soon.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Your a modern day successful club, That was your first double for what ever... If you do it Consistently i will class you as a big club.

so you weren't a big club from 68-93 by your definition then?
the odd cup win and occasional relegation

IMO I can see Ancelotti getting sacked, As he wants the champions league, And i dont think ancelotti is the right man for chelsea, Chelsea should revert back to the "diamond" they used under mourinho.

He could be right as your only good as every one of your players you bought for BIG money except for Terry (A)

To be fair Lampard was bought before Abramovic took over and repordedly we only spent 7 ish million on Cech. The way i look at is the players we spent massivly on that are still at the club are Drogba and Essien at 24million a piece.

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

IMO I can see Ancelotti getting sacked, As he wants the champions league, And i dont think ancelotti is the right man for chelsea, Chelsea should revert back to the "diamond" they used under mourinho.

We played a 4-3-3 under Mourinho??

so you weren't a big club from 68-93 by your definition then?
the odd cup win and occasional relegation

You right, we really werent a big club for a long period.

To be fair Lampard was bought before Abramovic took over and repordedly we only spent 7 ish million on Cech. The way i look at is the players we spent massivly on that are still at the club are Drogba and Essien at 24million a piece.

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Cheers for the reply 7m just what any team pays for anyone:)

We played a diamond to accomodate Shevchenko and that didn't work.
Ancelotti started with a diamond which didn't suit Lampard.

Our current problem is a lack of width and pace so a diamond is not going to help.
We need JP Woodys high scoring tactic!!

I think Wilkins leaving played a part, also I believe Anelka isn't as good as he once was, Drogba's had malaria so he's not at his best, Lampard and Terry have been injured for a while aswell, but I think Chelsea need to strengthen

My take on a big club isen't the trophys they win, i think its more on the fanbase size globaly and we have worked on that since 2003. I think in 10-15 years time all the kids of the parents who converted to Chelsea in the last 7 years will raise the numbers even more and so on and so forth.

I say good, about time this happened...

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

remember richard wright? You paid similar

legend!!!

No under Mouriniho you used the diamond formation.....

Cheers for the reply 7m just what any team pays for anyone:)

7mill for a keeper the class of Cech is an absolute bargain. Lots of teams these days go and suprise someone with a big money signing. Remember Fulham, i swear they paid nearly 10mill for Andy Johnson.

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

[/B]

Im pretty sure we didn't as it didn't work. we had Makelele holding Essien and Lampard in the middle and then Duff and Robben either side of Drogba.

Roman's money is going to be prioritised towards the World Cup in Russia now I imagine, especially once Putin puts his foot down.

Guess we'll see how much is used to revitalise Chelsea's sagging squad.

[/B]

Only when Duff, Robben and Joe Cole were injured or dropped (which was quite often to be fair)

The best we played under Mourinho was 4-3-3 with Duff and Robben swapping flanks alongside Drogba.
Makelele holding with Lampard and Tiago/Gudjohnsen in the 1st season