Mine and your take on Chelsea's current situation?

CJACKO11

Reaction score
I know i may annoy people somtimes when i have harsh comments about rival teams but i only say what i believe and i feel we should maybie discuss what we think about Chelsea's recent form.

I will first of all put accross my points and what i feel the future holds for Chelsea Football Club. Then if you agree with me let me know and if not let me know what you don't agree with as i am intrested to hear all sorts of views.

First of all its hard and very harsh to say a bad word about Mr Abramovich as we all know his money stopped us possibly becomming the next Wimbledon. Not only did his financial backing keep Chelsea FC alive but it also gave us the possibility to become a top European side if we put the money to good use which as we can see did happen. But i have had a good look at Chelsea's board room and the people that work for Roman and none of them have much knowledge about football as a game or Chelsea Football Clubs past what so ever. All these people that Roman has running around for him are his people or as i like to call them his yes men. I can imagine board meetings where Roman says " Im thinking about doing this what do you all think?" "Yes sir Roman your right". If you get my drift i just cant see these men challenging Romans decisions because they are not Chelsea or football men.

Now i believe there are 2 examples of when people and i mean proper Chelsea and football people actually challenged Roman and on both occasions Roman and our rivals have won. First of all was the Shevchenko situation, Mr Abramovich is really good friends with Shevchenko and told him he would buy him for Mourinho's side. When he asked Mourinho about the possibility of this signing, Mourinho as he is liable to do said look we don't need him i see something in Drogba and i want him to lead the line. But Roman being a man who hasen't got to where he is now by listening to other people went and done his business the only way he knows how and went against Mourinho. Shevchenko knew from day one he wasen't wanted by the manager and i believe its one of the reasons why he flopped in England. In the end because of this dis-agreement Mourinho got the boot and Chelsea went 3 years without winning the Premier League.

The second example i have is fairly recent and involves not only a football man but a Chelsea man through and through. From what i have heard Mr Abramovich and Ray Wilkins fell out when Chelsea were knocked out the Champions League by Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan last season. As we know the Champions League has become somthing of a holy grail for Roman Abramovich and i believe its become very unhealthy. But from what i know Roman was massivly dissapointed in the team and staff when we got knocked so Ray Wilkins being a Chelsea man through and through challenged Mr Abramovich trying to get him to realise its not just about the Champions League etc. Well it seemed to be the last straw for Wilkins and for the second time Roman had been challenged and he will not be beaten. And as i said earlier imagine the board meeting.

Mr Abramovic: "I think we should get rid of Ray Wilkins"?
Board members: "Yeah definatly, we all agree"

As i said there are no Chelsea or football men in the board room to say, no Roman. Wilkins has an excellent relationship with the players, manager and most importantly the fans. I think this shows how big Wilkins was at Chelsea, not so much the training routines because from the first day Ancelotti walked in the door Paul Clement has taken charge of First team training. But im talking about the link between player and manager was Ray Wilkins and that is massive.

Like i said at the start of my ramble its harsh and hard to blame Roman about anything but i believe he has to take the most amount of the blame for this. I do also believe Ancelotti has to take some of the blame because i beleive some of his starting 11's and subs are pretty questionable. I also feel he should have stuck up for Wilkins and if he got the boot for that then he would have come out looking like the victim. Also i feel we have the blame the players as they are the one's actually out there, i feel alot of them have become to believe they are unbeatable and untouchable and its the wrong mentality to have. I do have to look at injurys as we did have some pretty bad injurys all at the same time but we sold our proven back-up players to save money on the wage bill.

Looking at this season only i believe we will return to winning ways and i believe we will finish 3rd with one of either the FA Cup which is a trophy we are looking to win for the 3rd time in a row or even the Champions League but only if we can strengthen this month.

I sincerly hope that Mr Abramovich can learn that he wont always be right, although i don't beleive he will and i believe he will keep making calls like this all the time he is our owner.

Sorry for rambling on so much but i hope some of you will read it and find it intresting or if you don't and feel im just talking pure **** again then feel free to say lol.

Last edited:
Completely agree with you. I think we need to sign some players though. Letting go of 4 first team/back-up players was not very smart, in my opinion.

yeh should have kept wilko has you have been poor since he left maybe even get knocked out of the cup on saturdaay?

should of kept Wilkins, i do think we need to spend in january, but the morales down at the minute firstly from Wilkins then from the form. I do think however , we will finish top 4. An outside shot of the title if we turn it round now but i doubt it, we just need to rebuild and have to the players, who are quality but off form and replace some of the worse players. Also i believe Ancelotti needs time.:)

Completely agree with you. I think we need to sign some players though. Letting go of 4 first team/back-up players was not very smart, in my opinion.

it wasen't smart, we have some excellent aging player i.e Drogba, Lampard etc and some excellent prospects McEachran, Bruma etc but no proven class in the middle. Im talking between the ages 23-28 and that is where we need to streghten in.

yeh should have kept wilko has you have been poor since he left maybe even get knocked out of the cup on saturdaay?

I can gurrentee we will still be in the cup Saturday evening lol. I'll bet anything i have.

That's what he was trying to do by signing Ramires. But 18 M pounds? You could sign 2 good players for that!

I personally believe that without investment this month you will scrap for 4th place and if you don't make it to the champions league it will be a massive disaster of a club the size of chelsea. I believe a big signing could raise the spirits in the camp and kickstart your season, though being an arsenal supporter i hope Roman dosnt give you the cash.

Looks to me that since Drogba has came back from his illness he's lost his touch a bit.

Should have kept Wilkins on as assistant.
They didn't sign replacements for Cole,Ballack and Carvalho in the summer.
Need to spend big in the summer , if they do it now it could make things worse.

Haven't got enough depth, struggled with injuries. Departure of Ray Wilkins killed morale a bit and Ancelotti is no doubt struggling. If the team cannot grind results out when they're not playing too well they're not going to be champions. Concentrate on top 4, review Ancelotti's position in the summer and look at some new transfer targets and a new manager, depending on how the season goes.

You go on about these youngsters although the only one who is probably going to be a first team player is Josh McEacharan, the squad needs strengthening. The likes of Carvalho, Ballack etc are no doubt big losses, if not for their quality but the experience they provide.

1. Chelsea are not a big club.

2. It is not the end of an 'era', it is the end of a limited phase.

3. Proves your nothing without spending **** loads of money every season.

I agree with what you've said although i just think you have massively extended one sentence.

"what roman wants, roman gets."

he really does treat the club like a hobby, due to his arrogance of himself, he has made some bad decisions as you have highlighted. And for your sake he does need to stop it, but as you said he won't!

I agree with what you've said although i just think you have massively extended one sentence.

"what roman wants, roman gets."

he really does treat the club like a hobby, due to his arrogance of himself, he has made some bad decisions as you have highlighted. And for your sake he does need to stop it, but as you said he won't!

He made the club. It's only his right to break it.

1. Chelsea are not a big club.

2. It is not the end of an 'era', it is the end of a limited phase.

3. Proves your nothing without spending **** loads of money every season.

He could be right as your only good as every one of your players you bought for BIG money except for Terry (A)

to be honest I hope you keep Carlo, just like Rafa at liverpool you will win nothing!

Good to see the backbiting starting already...

Honestly, I think it's a mixture of things. Ambramovich's domineering attitude, key players injured, Wilkins' enforced departure and the failure to replace background playing staff like Ballack and Belletti from last year all contribute to what has been a fairly major slump.

For goodness sakes don't be so stupid. We all know Chelsea are a big club. Everyone seems to think a club's size is about history, which is complete rubbish. Villa have won a European Cup: does that make them a bigger club than Arsenal? No! Forest have won it twice. Does it make them a bigger club than Chelsea? Of course not. It's all down to a mixture of history and current success, with current success taking a rather larger slice of pie in my eyes.

Last edited: